The PvP situation

I’ve just about had it with blizz. After hearing that the devs don’t listen to players on the forums and only acknowledges those that’re in a private community or whenever youtubers are shouting in their face “Monk sucks, go read the forums. Please” then they’ll take a look at the forums, I’m demoralized and wonder if this thread will even be seen by them. On to the problem at hand though.

Twinks, going into BFA and getting Azerite gear, going into BC and locking their levels till their desired peice with gem slots gets upgraded to a purple, grabbing gems and essentially stepping into a battleground with almost double the health of a new player.

Premades, I’m not talking about the 2 dudes hanging around on a Friday night. I’m referring to the 5 man sweaty 30 year old men that play on every night. God help you should they be a premade of twinks.

Matchmaking, sucks donkey. A healer is probably worth 3 dps; very important to have. An ideal composition would consist of 2(3) heals, 7(6) dps, 1 tank. In BGs though when about 90% of the specs to choose from are dps you are rolling the dice everytime you queue for it not to be a game about rock paper scissors, but rather the opposing team (With a healer) is a gun and you’re paper. A big sheet of paper and bullets are punching holes through you.

Finally the gearing situation, especially through PvP. Playing through BFA till the pre patch we know that after hitting max levels we do Dungeons, then Mythics, then Normal Nyalotha and on to Heroic Nyalotha. New players don’t know that and they don’t want to do that. I’m tired of it after leveling 14 alts and I don’t want to do that. The gear offered by PvP vendors are ilvl 68 and you turned off PvP scaling. This Sucks.

Blizzard, Please. Even a community manager looking at these problems and informing a dev about it would be greatly appreciated. You delayed Shadowlands, now is the best time to update match made activities with this stalemate especially now. There are a lot more problems than what I listed especially class balance (not max level), but these are core issues that should be addressed.

35 Likes

Amen.
/10 char

2 Likes

Poor monks, sincerely an enh shaman.

4 Likes

To be quite honest, BFA’s implementation of scaling was hot garbage, but their decision to cave and replace it with nothing instead of further iterating on the idea was a huge mistake.

The issues with BFA’s scaling were a lack of readability and consistency (not doing the damage you expect to, etc.), and the fact that gear of a lower strength actually made you more powerful. Were they huge issues? Yeah, kinda - but some kind of system to make sure players at least have a fighting chance is pretty necessary, even in a gear-based game like this one.

Ideally, this is where PvP gear would come in, being easy (but not too easy) to get, and giving you a decent leg-up in PvP content. Unfortunately, at least for the prepatch, the gear is quite literally worse than world quest gear. That is, world quests you get immediately upon hitting 50 - even those eclipse the PvP gear once they scale up a few tiers.

Just a sad situation all around. I understand gear is always going to be a factor in WoW’s PvP, but when it’s to the point that you don’t even scratch someone, while they chunk your health with seemingly every hit, it’s untenable.

7 Likes

I’ve been complaining on the forums about the PvP situation for about 5 years and they seem to just sweep it under the rug. Cata, MoP, WoD were the gold standard of PvP and they refuse to go back to that system because it seperates two communities (PvErs and PvPers). The rank up BG gear in SL has a good chance to succeed I believe if done right. But the gear options are extremely limited currently, we will need to PvE for 90% of our gear for optimal PvP gear. They are resolved to force us into PvE for PvP gear still and they will not budge it seems. PvErs do not have to PvP at all for their gear yet they seem to have something up their !@# to waste PvPers time with PvE content while not asking the same for PvErs. Maybe because they dont want to invest more $$ into PvP content as can clearly be seen by the past 5 years of so.

7 Likes

players will complain about everything, and you can’t please everyone

that being said, PVP has been on a consistent downward slide since BFA started and with how it’s going I don’t have the faith to give shadowlands much more credit since it realistically just seems like BFA 2.0

4 Likes

Going to copy/paste my response from a very similar post from the PTR forums regarding PvP iLvl68 gear.

I couldn’t agree enough. Being a fresh 50 is such a waste of time, being able to hit 50 so quickly makes it even worse.
I didn’t play BfA for its entirety and came back a few weeks ago and couldn’t wait for pre-patch hoping I could gear up, and seeing the honor gear iLvl was the biggest slap in the face I’ve seen in a while.
I cannot even being to fathom how horrible of an experience this would be if you were brand new player. Imagine being 100% BRAND NEW and not knowing anything about the history of this game and you finally hit max level and get all of your honor gear and you still have 1/3 HP of anyone who played BfA. The only possible way to get a below average iLvl is to be carried in mythic dungeons, which again, brand new players should NOT be expected to have to do that just to stand a chance when the expansion is right around the corner.

There is ZERO reason that the honor PvP gear should be iLvl68, & I also noticed that when I try to transmog the ilvl 68 gear, it shows up as an epic item instead of a blue like it is in the vendor, but I don’t know if that means anything. Someone in a different post stated that they were indeed supposed to be at least iLvl 100 and was on the first PTR version, and that it got changed without any blue post whatsoever when pre-patch was live. I tend to not complain and just accept things as they are on this game at this point, but this is utterly ridiculous. There’s not a chance in heII I would think of bringing any friends to this game at its current state because of how unfriendly it is to gear up. I have so many PvP friends who quit a while back & I can’t bare to tell them that if they come back and gear up through BG’s, that they’re still going to be 1/3 of the power that most people are now, because that’s beyond a joke.

The pre-patch scourge event is god knows how far away, so we’re literally stuck paying $15 a month for nothing. Leveling alts is fun, but as soon as I hit level 50 I immediately make another. Yes I could un-sub, that’s the easy solution, but I don’t want to. As much as I hate this game, I also deeply love it & the community. They could fix the gearing situation in a heartbeat if they wanted to. Every other pre-patch is a blast because it’s a way to catch up on gear super quick and be on a similar level everyone else is.

Now when the expansion comes out? Yeah that’s a little different. But this is pre-patch, a time where you’re supposed to be able to try out things and TEST them with new characters. I always look forward to pre-patches, and I’ve had fun regardless, but this is disheartening.

12 Likes

On the matter of Healers in prepatch: I don’t know what you’re talking about. Most Healers, outside of Disc priests and Resto Druids, are getting absolutely dumpstered right now.

MW here… dies in a single stun, most defensive CDs were nerfed and feel pretty ineffective against the insane damage, Cocoon is torn through in a global, can literally spam heals into a target… and they’ll still just flop, have a 3 min. CD that seems like it’s doing nothing, Expel harm is a garbage-tier addition to our toolkit, Revival kills you bc of UA dispel protection… best thing we got going for us at the moment is ToD on a lengthy 3 min. CD… an ability that we’ll rarely even be able to use, seeing as we’re about as durable as papier-mâché.

Thanks for your time,

Chän

I’m mainly referring to a matchmaking issue where as the team with at least 1 healer is more likely to win than a team with no healers and I’m asking blizz to balance healers out so both sides at least get a healer.

Right… but, if you see what I’m saying here, most Healers - outside of Disc priests and Resto druids - at the moment are more of a crutch than a win-condition.

Thanks for your time,

Chän

All this has been hotfixed.

Unless things have drastically changed in BC dungeons since the prepatch, gear never forged up. The only gear that ever could forge up was quest gear, and you only had one shot at those quests, as they were non-repeatable.

1 Like

Personally I think they should just remove the option of having healers and tanks in BG’s. They ruin them. But that’s just me…
Also, please stop this party sync madness. The only people who enjoy this are the toxic type of people who enjoy dominating others. It’s sick and encouraging such behavior is twisted.

2 Likes

Reviving this thread

I’m not going to lie, I’m kind of into domination. Like my mouth started watering when you were describing party synching, think I might have to give it a try.

1 Like