The PvP grind in Shadowlands versus prior expansions is too much

Figures.

I remember playing a lot of Alts in Cata. I mained rogue and had war/hunter/ret/shaman Alts that were all geared.

I just really hated the pruning

Yep. I stopped playing my hunter and swapped to enhance for PvP because of what they did to hunters. Was terrible. Ruined all three specs.

Yeah. I’m swapping to hunter as my main because it’s just too many systems to manage for multiple characters.

It doesn’t take much effort to upgrade, but I wish that there was PvP gear that started at 200 like Korthia PvE gear does.

Uh what? I still don’t have all my gear upgraded to rival. The honor costs for upgrades are absurd.

What? Lol

Its an absurd amount of effort to upgrade gear to duelist

I have a 2100 alt thats still in full combattant/challenger because i cannot grind 80k honor for upgrades again a 4th time this season

This character can upgrade to 2100 but she won’t because it needs way too much honor

I have a 2450 cr pally that still has rival pieces

And only one character is fully geared, which is my main horde pally and even then its only recently she finally swapped out her 230 boe crafted ring for a conquest one

I bg a lot and even i can’t do it

Also pvp gear starts at 213 ilvl or around that

1 Like

@_@

Just say you don’t PvP.

3 Likes

what are these games? seems in my experience I’ve had with other mmo’s, warcraft still has the best pvp regardless on how bad the current xpack is

Lost ark releases in NA next february, that’s going to be a huge new addition for mmo pvp options

1 Like

this is 100% accurate

2 Likes

Not wanting to make the game better is just the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

The best casual pvp games aren’t mmo games. Hero shooters are like mmos sort of. No outside grinding. Fighting games without equipment for example are skill based. Online shooters without gear is pretty skill based. Some looter shooters like Destiny have scaled pvp casual modes and competitive modes with gear bonuses (ilvl). Many pvp games that don’t offer pregrinding for success, mmos tend to not have good casual pvp options. Wow is good if you like rank modes.

I have been asking for a scaled mode for years and the best we got was templates. They could have left templates as a separate queue but they chose to get rid of it entirely. Instead of keeping a scaled and non-scaled queue.

It is but for some reason blizzard doesn’t start listening unless people start to leave.

3 Likes

Keeping it would split the player base. There is already a faction imbalance, which at least can be worked around with merc mode.
The Mop and WoD systems were the best so far for PvP gearing. It had some progression but was not overwhelming or punishing for alts. Don’t fix which wasn’t broken.

Now what could make random BGs more fair is trying to match two pvp teams within an average of 5 or 10 ilvls. The downside are longer ques, but maybe worth it for fair competition.

Fixed it for you

WoD was the most balanced pvp had ever been. It was really good

2 Likes

The player base is already split, many people left already. I stopped pvping >.> in previous modes I used to enjoy. I have found other games more enjoyable. I find most casual pvpers tend to play different games.

Remember the days when there were two sets of PvP gear? Honor gear and Conquest gear? No fluff.

The good ol’ days.

7 Likes

Yep. SL gear up isn’t fun in any stretch of the imagination.

2 big sources of unrated pvp gear are 2 venues if you go in low geared you will die, alot. and make many of your bg members mad at you. so win points can come slow.

Which I do get the “hate” of the 250’s in normal bg and daily brawl rotations. I am well aware my latest alt at 184 only…has trash gear, crap vers and is jsut an easy kill.

I have no choice. Korthis hates her, I have no sytgia to get stuff (blew it on mounts horde account wide) and I got the 200 crafted. For what pvp pays out (that is to say nothing) I am not spending 8000 per 230 item lol. And that 8k…is the cheap price. Usuaully much higher. since the gear is trash too if rolls no verse.

I hit these up and pray to elune other side also has its low gears. I need the honor to puy 177. then upgrade it. so that way I can say to some well…its is a “fair” match. we each got 5 250’s and the rest are low gear fresher 60’s. about the best deal we are getting here.

See there is no git gud in say this weeks brawl. 250 warrior meets me the 184 ball carrier I will die. quickly. he will burn my ice trap (I use that, my hunters press more than 2 keys lol)), rush through tar or leap and then I die. Quickly.

this is how this weeks brawl tend to be blow outs. get enough good gears in a lopsided match they take the center with 4 balls and its…press keys to not be reported afk till 1500 is hit.

Then hope for better match next time.

And that isn’t the players fault. It’s ridiculous how many tiers of gear we have now in a single expansion and the degree of difference between each of them is even more ridiculous. In the past, there was some overlap, which done correctly, was good. By the end of a tier, even casual players could get caught up and everyone ‘closely’ started the next tier on the same level.

Now, the most geared players are light years ahead of the least geared players and getting caught up becomes a monumental task. They added in more tiers in PvP to help reduce the severity of the issue, but it’s still there.

There needs to be one set for honor, one set for conquest. The full honor set shouldn’t be light years behind the conquest set. They need to roll the game back to a simpler model so players can actually… just enjoy the game. The game needs to return to a time 2-3 nights a week was MORE then enough to put you in the place to compete with the best players. Now, most of my friends simply can’t keep up with that pace and it just makes me sad. I’m an idiot for continuing to deal with it, but I have made so many relationships here it would be hard to walk away.

Such a disgusting practice by this company.

2 Likes

If they have a Blizz con on Nov 2022 and these PvP changes have not been announced, I would want multiple people to interrupt the events with chants of “1 honor set, 1 conquest set. No upgrades!”

Keep the vendors!
Add more trans mog rewards for attaining higher ranks, like recolors at least.
Bring back a world boss with chances of dropping PvP conquest gear like in MoP. It got all sorts of people out into the world.