The problem with WoW's class design philosopy in the past 3 xpacs for PvP

Not quite sure where the liberal vs. conservative analogy is going.

Your post essentially boils down to the statement “The problem with PvP is that easy specs are more rewarding and have a higher pro/con threshold than complex ones”. I think the larger point of contention you’ll find with this isn’t whether certain “easy” specs are too rewarding but rather if any spec is as complex as people want. In a game with purple item after purple item, the quest of working towards a higher skillcap was a powerful motivator for many and now it’s vastly diminished.

To me the philosophical difference between “conservatism” and “liberalism” in their modern adaptations is a battle between idealism vs. determinism. I think we categorize liberals as whiny crybaby fairytale children but in essence I think of conservatism as far more based in idealism and anecdotal evidence. “Happiness isn’t guaranteed, just the pursuit of it.” “With hard enough work you can do anything”, “Making guns illegal won’t matter - criminals don’t care about the law, this will only make it harder for good people to defend themselves.” All great foils to a more deterministic view from liberals who think society needs a variety of regulations to guarantee benefits for underachievers because X, Y & Z groups of people won’t pull themselves out of a certain condition.

Fundamentally I’d say conservatives view increasing regulations as detrimental to the free-flowing forces of competition and ingenuity that are more effective than mandated regulations while liberals would say attempts not to regulate boil down to attempts by an in-power group to use myths to promote a system which inherently props them up.

I see some general parallels to WoW but I’m not sure I’d consider this the same sort of thing imo.

Make azeroth great again? :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

that would require the devs to do something

1 Like

What a dumpster fire of a thread

1 Like