The problem with Warmode is Sharding

1. Get ganked by the opposite faction raid
  2. Finally make a raid to fight back
  3. Either your raid or the enemy raid is sharded away
  4. There’s absolutely nobody of the enemy faction there
  5. You only see solo enemy faction players running around
  6. The opposite faction raid is still murdering players running around alone
  7. You can do nothing about it because if you group up to fight back you’re transported to a different place

Very fun, indeed.

11 Likes
  1. Note time and location of when this happens
  2. Make detailed bug report

A bug report for what? That’s how sharding works, there is no bug. Sharding is garbage.

9 Likes

Time: Any time works.
How to reproduce: Match the enemy faction numbers to instantly get sharded away.

Sort of like that?

5 Likes

Because they have told us over and over and over and over that they want us to. That’s how they improve how sharding works.

Nope. More like:

Time: 14:23 Illidan Server Time
Description: A raid of about 20 Alliance went around ganking people leveling in the zone. A Horde raid was organized to combat them, reaching about 25 people. When we engaged the Alliance, one of the raids was sharded away.

That way they can go and look at what happened in Strangthorn Vale at 2:23pm Illidan’s server time. They can see what the servers were doing and how/why the sharding mechanism kicked in.

With that data they can help develop additional parameters that govern sharding because right now, from the sound of things, it is looking at pure numbers and grouping.

Whining does not help improve the system. Nor no demands they turn it off forever (Spoiler Alert: They won’t). But giving them reports like that help them fix the problems you’re having.

I can see the Ion response now… “working as intended”

3 Likes

Add CRZ as well.

Even if sharding was disabled in WM, if you joined a group, it’s possible that you’d be moved to a different realm as well.

2 Likes

The problem with WM is reward, what is the point to it in the game?

THE PROBLEM WITH WARMODE WoW IS SHARDING

FTFY

5 Likes

Grouping with people standing right next to you shards you away right now.

2 Likes

Agreed. My post was pointing out that CRZ also contributes to the problem:

1 Like

The pvp solution (traditionally) to a pvp problem is more numbers (now someone shards away) or bringing your main (now you don’t get put in the same shard automatically and then you come back with your lowbie and get killed again). The pvp solution to pvp problems went away when CRZ and sharding were introduced.

The only real solution now is to take your ball and go home (no war mode).

I could write a ton to reply to your comment but I’ll keep it to the fundamentals:

No.