The problem with Blizzard and Conquest Weapons

Before anyone complains, just listen and understand first.

If you’re a Marksman Hunter and you think “Hmm the spear has the specs I want, I want to use that!”, you buy it and when you go to enchant it, Blizz says “Hey if you do this you can’t refund your conquest points”. Yeah, I get that, but this weapon has the stats I want. THEN you enchant it and go to equip the weapon and THEN you get the big “go pound sand” message: “You may not use this item for your class”

Ok, why not? I’m a hunter. Oh, it’s a spear. Duh. Ok well let me refund it!

Nope, you can’t, its already enchanted.
Ok well, let me ask Blizzard to do it. Nope they won’t take the weapon back and refund your conquest points. 1800 very long and hard earned conquest points.

But that’s not the biggest problem. The bigger problem I have is I am in Marksman Spec and I try to buy a weapon I CLEARLY cannot use, why not tell me that? Why not gray out items I can’t equip? Why not make it much more clear to me that “Yes, while you like the weapon and yes, it has the specs you’re looking for, to buy this you need to change your spec to Survival in order to purchase it”…

That would solve a lot of headaches. Or just get rid of Survival spec. The dumbest hunter spec ever created. If I wanted to melee, I’d go play a melee spec.

1 Like

Nah this is kind of self inflicted stupidity

7 Likes

so a marksman hunter using a melee weapon? and op is living the meme on hunters lol

8 Likes

How long have you been playing MM?
Because I think you would’ve known a while ago that MM can’t equip polearms.

Sucks Blizzard won’t refund an enchanted item, but that’s about all the sympathy I can offer. Most of this is a caveat emptor issue.

1 Like

In all fairness, we can change a 2h sword to 2h mace in appearance, so easily.

My point is, make it easier on everyone and just black out items you cannot purchase in your current spec.

Sounds like you’re giving Blizzard another excuse to take away pvp vendors. I’m sure they’re thrilled at the prospect.

But I also support the return of ranged sv.

Since when have MM used anything but ranged weapons? Yes in classic up until whenever they got rid of the extra weapon slot, MM could. But for future reference, MM/BM only use cross bows, bows, and guns in pve/pvp content.

Surv uses pole arms. Unless you’re looking to unlock an appearance, don’t by anything that’s not a ranged weapon for MM.

1 Like

i think after wrath
but got to love the hunters dead zone they had it was to fun to watch a noob hunters panic on pvp fights lol

1 Like

I don’t think I would have admitted this let alone try to defend it…

We all have dumb moments but we don’t have to air it like this. You made a dumb mistake and then doubled down

5 Likes

there is a saying in tropic thunder that fits this a little to well

1 Like

There’s only so much hand holding you can get before somebody has to shove you out into the world.

3 Likes

On the bright side you have a good weapon for survival

Recommend purchasing a ranged weapon if you’re a Marksmanship Hunter.

1 Like

why did you buy a weapon you couldn’t use?

never go full ratard

I recommend respeccing to Survival if this is the weapon the OP wants to use.

But…

You’re a MM hunter. You use a bow, crossbow or gun. You absolutely know you can’t use a polearm.

Clearly you don’t.

:dracthyr_shrug:

2 Likes

This one simple trick WoW players hate, paying attention.

I can agree the price for 2h weapons is steep tbh. 1500-1600 would be better.

The only ones in shambles over weapon prices are Fury Warriors, I think.

Everybody else pays 1800, which we get by week 2.

A mistake on your part is not Blizzard’s problem. If you didn’t know that Survival uses 2 handers and BM/Marks uses bows/guns then that’s on you.