The Primus [Spoiler]

Pretty sure the Runecarver is the Primus. It just feels obvious. Let’s have some discussion about it and what that might mean below.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/new-jailerrunecarver-cinematic-after-15-memories-obvs-spoilers/753570?u=dreadmoore-wyrmrest-accord

4 Likes

My running theory is that the Helm of Domination originally was thought up by the Primus as a failsafe as he knew that Maldraxxus was vulnerable to fracture should he go missing. It was meant as a way to hold it together and prevent infighting, by making one person supremely powerful over the maldraxxi army.

2 Likes

Hey thanks for the referral, I was just basing it on meeting the Runecarver and replaying Maldraxxus Story. The whole sword and rune questline was kinda the giveaway. Pretty good foreshadowing in retrospect.

The thing that really sold me is that the Primus and the Runecarver both share the same voice actor in almost every language.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t use voice as a “they have same voice, they same person”. There are several voice actors who have worked for blizzard that has voiced numerous characters. Chris Metzen is infamous for voicing like >50% of WoW characters early on. Including Thrall, Varian, Ragnaros, Hakkar the Soulflayer, Nefarian, Dranosh Saurfang etc.

They do? /10cx

Doubt it. The Runecarver was imprisoned before the Lich King existed (since he pinched Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination from him, and he was chained up), and Draka/Vashj both speak as though they at least met him. The times doesn’t add up.

3 Likes

Yeah I like to think it’s the primus but the story we are given is off the time. I’ve been trying to brainstorm any characters that it could be thinking about pre-arthas and I’ve fallen flat.
Now it would be cool if Runecarver was the soul of a dead titan or something. I feel like he really might just be a unique character with no pre-life backstory.

There is also the finger count.

Time flows differently in the Shadowlands. What is a day? a year? Infinite for the dead? They may of heard of them and/or seen things relating to him. Who knows, but I’m still leaning on the idea that the Primus is the Runecarver.

You do realize the amount of just ridiculous amount of stupidity that unleashes?

Its basically opening up so much time travel that the jailer or someone could just send a mana bomb into Azeroth prime and stop the vrykul from existing, but there would still be Human and other offspring spirits in the shadowlands.

Its like erasing math from history, yet calculations still exists, Or erasing the concept of farming but we still can grow bread from farming.

Do you get where I am going?

And It is not “Endgame” time travel here, coz that is more or less just Dimension traveling or timeline injection. They explain it kinda well IIRC in the movie.

Its basically the same as saying “We kill the jailer but in the future we still havent fought him”.

Its more stupid than the most stupidest retcon possible.

Hell I would call it lore r*pe in the most brutal fashion

Time might work differently like being slower or faster but it still moves forward, I don’t think it’s possible for the primes to be the rune carver because he made the helm and the sword and draka, alexandros, and vashj have met the primus

Time should at least still be Linear.

How can then, the Primus work as being the Runecarver? I have an idea, but I might be missing some lore bits.

• First, the original Frostmourne and Helm of domination should be his doing as Primus, using Maw runes to keep the Jailer in check, maybe sealing those runes on the Jailer and in the Frostmourne/Helm of domination, made sure that the Jailer would need to actually wear those items to reach his full power.
  • Helm of Domination and Frostmourne is stolen by dreadlords and given to Kil 'jaeden.

-Lich King happens, and everything from WC 3 until the shadowlands cinematic.

-Jailer forces kidnaps the Primus.

-Sylvanas, under the jailer orders, shatters the helm of domination, which unleashes the power in the runes, breaking the barrier between realms.

• Now the path to the maw is open, but the jailer can’t reach his full power because he lacks the other part of the seal, so Jailer tortures Runecarver until getting the plans to remake frostmourne and helm of domination.

That still doesn’t explain the finger difference.

If I sit for a million seconds… sort of like the Venthyr gameplay “bonus”… and think of a snide remark…

Perhaps The Primus gave a Middle Finger in some realm we are all ignorant of. So we see him in 2 spaces with 4 and 5 fingers. But there may be a place and time where he used a rude finger, and it was lopped off.