The Post-Fourth War World

I agree with all of your post, except this still. I’d rather the marsh just get swallowed by the sea like the Isle of Dread did.

The last thing the Horde needs is to have the place where Saurfang finally acknowledged the Path of Glory being paved over and lived on top of.

I do not care about Theramore. Baine’s letter gave Jaina an opportunity to evacuate her citizens by the time the Horde forces moved in. It was a warning, and his intent was clear … “we’re coming, get the hell out”. On top of this, Theramore was actively supporting the Alliance War Effort on Kalimdor by the time of its destruction. It was an active combatant state in a World War.

If Taraujo was “a legitimate military target” due to its training of Hunters and Warriors for the Horde military, then Theramore … which was actively supplying the Alliance with supplies and forces … was absolutely “a legitimate military target”. The fact that Blizzard kept hammering home how awful the destruction of Theramore was, but did everything they friggen could to dilute the tragedy at Taraujo … shows just how far they’ll bend over backwards to keep the Alliance image as pristine and flawless as possible. And, I hate bringing up Taraujo unless I have to.

Theramore is not the tragedy that Teldrassil was by a large margin. Jaina is now fully reintegrated back with Kul Tiras, and is not going back. Claiming that the entirety of Dustwallow Marsh should go unused by a group of people that could really use it, purely out of self-rightous spite … is absurd. The Horde already gets a large burning symbol of our villainy in that giant tree, we don’t need an incredibly forced second symbol of that … no matter how sad it made Jaina.

4 Likes

I thought the large symbol of your villainy was Azshara

3 Likes

But…

A) He can’t deliver on it. Not without almost certainly destroying the Alliance as well.

B) A threat issued in a moment of extreme emotion does not bind your descendants to an extreme foreign policy goal for all time.

4 Likes

That’s just a large symbol of the goblins’ lack of environmental regulations.

…okay. Point taken.

5 Likes

A war Garrosh started.

No one has any need of a haunted swamp. The only other thing of note there besides the ghosts are the remnants of Onyxia’s black dragons.

But I just don’t like Dustwallow Marsh in general.

And I don’t care that you don’t care about Theramore. That’s the same logic people try to pass for when going “When are you going to get over Teldrassil?”

I don’t think Lordaeron itself had anything to do with it. He withdrew the kingdom abruptly, and he feels guilty over doing so instead of standing by Terenas for the eventual fight against the Scourge. Sylvanas was desecrating that throne because, in Genn’s mind, it belonged to Terenas.

I feel like people tend to forget just how damn old Genn is.

2 Likes

That pretty much IS the logical outcome of the positon of all those posters who are listing as one of Anduin’s major sins, not delivering on Varian’s threat.

1 Like

It’s less about not delivering and more about not even trying

And Varian’s threat wasn’t madness. The Horde has consistently been a threat to the people of the Alliance now, especially in BfA. There should be no way to come back to peace from Teldrassil and the War of the Thorns.

Don’t worry… there won’t be. The game is still called WARCraft after al

1 Like

With the dark irons in the alliance does that leave Blackrock mountain and the surrounding areas as controlled by the alliance?

1 Like

We have Shadowforge City at least.

Wonder what happened to Blackrock spire is the Dragonmaw clan part of the horde again after some of them joined the iron horde. Might still be some Blackrock orcs in the region.

The Dragonmaw became allies of the current Horde in the Twilight HIglands. during Cataclysm.

And then they generally betrayed us and sided with Garrosh in MoP; and the Iron Horde in WoD.

1 Like

Anti-Cata’s first Raid will be about the Dark Iron Dwarves reclaiming Blackrock Mountain from Ragnaros’ forces/cult and kicking out the Dragonmaw once and for all, for the Alliance. Lotsa Dwarf and fire-themed rewards

Hordeside will just be sent there with little explanation and guided by throws dice Thrall. Something about balance and honor.

Oh, dude, don’t go down this path.

You could do so many cool things with an anti-cata expansion.

• The reclamation of Blackrock Mountain for the Dark Irons.
  • The purification of Grim Batol for the Wildhammer.
  • You could make a game oriented dungeon about getting Gnomergon up and running again; with malfunctions and Gnome whimsy riddled throughout that dungeon/raid.
  • The healing of Desolace into the rolling plains of Tauren ancestry.
  • The rebuilding of Stratholme into a new Forsaken capital.
  • The Forsaken’s efforts to free the minds of the now Lich-King less Scourge; and harvesting those that are too far gone for parts.
  • The reunification of the Grim Totem under Jevan for the Tauren. The creation of a Grim Rail from Azshara to Tanaris!
  • The reclamation of Tempest Keep, and the evacuation of the Draenei people back to their new forever home on Azeroth!!
  • The ascention of Vol’jin into the new Loa of Kings, leading all the Troll peoples to a brighter future and fulfilling Sen’jin’s prophecy for him!
  • The Night Elves recentering their civilization in Hyjal, reclaiming and mending Felwood, Winterspring, Ashenvale, and Darkshore fully!
  • Ooh! The building of Orgrimmar Harbor, a real one!

There are just so many small scale or racial centered stories you could do with an Anti-Cata expansion. Use the dungeons and raids to not just dive into major “reconstruction” projects, but also do a slow build up for whatever big bad is lurking up from the floorboards. We could get an actual WORLD of Warcraft experience like that Vanilla once fostered. Even for just an expansion.

5 Likes

You know, the problem with that is that it is already destroyed after we, the alliance players recieved a crushing defeat at the hands of the horde and NEVER got ANY payback for it, if you think that is okay that the horde can conquer theramore, then you are okay that the alliance conquers lordaeron, right?

Maybe the best they can do is to simply destroy it all by a third party and the horde can have a different island that is not the same and forsakens can keep lordaeron. unless of course you want to spit on alliance players. i mean, thats fine if we can have lordaeron.

Ethel, what sort of payback do you want? Can I just ask you that?

i am a simple man, eye for an eye and we are even.