The players are upset

and you want to know why?

its not just one issue its several of them so feel free to take your pick

its because of pathfinder,the lack of player housing the ability pruning,the constant time gating,the dismissive attitude when we don’t give the feedback the dev team wanted,the arrogance of them acting like they know what the players want even more than we do the slow erosion of fun and everything that made WoW great.the constant cherry picking Q&As and the downright deception by the higher ups claiming theyre listening but that’s all it is just a claim with no actual interest in what the players say or do

Blizzard used to be by gamers for gamers with a passion for creation of a product that was unrivaled but ever since Activison dug in their claws now theyre nothing but just another clone of EA

honestly if Blizzard no longer wants peoples money just say so they don’t have to make their games so tedious to drive us all away theres plenty of other games out there eager and willing to listen and entertain players

time was Blizzard was the best in town but times change after all “no king rules forever”

all we hear is but the developers work hard on this game and we should play it their way and not how we want well im sorry they have such fragile emotions that they cant handle a little criticism but it seems like if so many people are complaining then perhaps WE arent the problem

people think the next MMO is always going to the potential WoW killer and theyre wrong WoW will end up being the agent of its own demise

32 Likes

No, they aren’t. You have it backwards.

The small number of players (1%?) who are upset, are the ones who post in the forums.

The players who are not upset (99%) have no reason to post in the forums.

OP is upset. Why? Because the real world doesn’t match OP’s fantasy.

Specifically, the Blizzard dev team does not obey OP. Normal people (99%) don’t expect strangers to think like them, or to obey them. Normal people are not upset by this.

52 Likes

I am upset… I got raisin oatmeal cookies :frowning:

8 Likes

I’m not upset. I enjoyed doing the pathfinder process. I don’t need player housing, it’d get boring fast ala Garrisons in WoD. I just am a realist and understand sometimes some content won’t be as good as others. I’m enjoying Battle for Azeroth.

So none of what you said applies to me.

19 Likes

Because they are customers.

Dude, this is the same rant we’ve had on the forums countless times for over a decade. Your rallying cry has all the impact of a party blower.

6 Likes

Nope. The idea that many millions of players are out there happily playing the game while only a few hundred are upset with changes is nothing but a lie, as are the bogus numbers you made up to support your clearly false claim.

The only difference between people who post on forums and those who do not is people who post on forums like to discuss things with others on the internet.

It sounds like you’re the abnormal one here who is living in an alternate reality.

17 Likes

I’m not upset and I don’t want to know why

1 Like

That’s because they left ages ago lol.

10 Likes

Yeah, we’re so content with the game right now that a vast majority of potential players are totally coming back to the game in droves and current players are not leaving this game to play FFXIV.

Right.

9 Likes

Of course he made the numbers up. But so what? They’re as arbitrary as the blanket statement that “the players are upset!”

These kinds of threads are just useless. Just a back and forth of "The game is terrible and everyone agrees with me!’ and “Well I don’t agree with you and you’re just a noisy minority!” No one gains anything from this crap. If you don’t like the game, stop playing!

7 Likes

buddy Ion is dead set on a slow conversion of the game to F2P and taking every cent he can from the players along the way

2 Likes

A lot of players are upset about a number of commonly discussed issues. A lot of players have been so upset or become so bored by changes to the game that they have left it, most of them forever.

My friends who are gone do not intend to come back, even for classic.

Player housing is a wait-wut issue as far as I’m concerned. I think a lot of people would kind of want it as long as it has a good implementation, but upset? A very small number.

2 Likes

Sure, and a good thread that explains issues and explains why they’re a problem are great. They lead to actual discussion. This is not one of those threads. The only actual parts of the game mentioned in the OP are pathfinder and a lack of player housing. Nothing about why pathfinder is bad, or what player housing could be. The rest is just complaining about blizzard and activision.

5 Likes

yeah that’s my whole point its not about one of the problems I listed or even some others that aren’t there which is the issue

this thread isnt about one specific issue in particular its several of them that is causing problems throughout every aspect of WoW each one is merely a symptom of a much larger issue plaguing the game

3 Likes

What are you upset about?

2 Likes

I don’t want player housing.

The effects of personal instances we saw in WoD were pretty large negatives.
Not being able to see other players because they are all off in their own little worlds is a big problem. Makes the game feel emptier.

4 Likes

Why not make the player housing non-instanced? Since we’re only ever using 6-8 zones at a time, the rest can be filled with player housing!

Jump ship to Classic OP. Retail is not changing anytime soon. Retail no longer caters to a large subset of players. Retail is aimed at fast money rather than long term enjoyment. This appeals to some players but not all.

If Classic isn’t for you, I suggest you return to retail at another time and hope for the best.

1 Like

What people don’t get is MOST unhappy people don’t complain, they just stop playing and move onto something more fun. We have all seen the trend over the years and other than a few delusional souls, we all KNOW what it means, RETAIL is broken. WoW management has done the impossible, they have messed up a free lunch.

As someone who complained alot back then , the current state is vindication…WE TOLD YOU SO! Now look at you, rolling out a 15 year old product just to stop the bleeding!

2 Likes

They could encourage people to go out in the world more by bringing collectibles to enhance their housing. You could have it spread all over the world. For example you could have a chair that requires a specific wood from Arathi. You could find little trinkets. You could use your garden in MOP to add to your courtyard. You could even have a little pet house for your pets. You could add a whole carpenter profession. There are ways to encourage people to not hang around in their housing. In fact I think you would see the number of people in random places significantly rise if they did this.

There are lots of ways to make the world fun. If Blizzard complain people will spend all their time in their houses… perhaps Blizzard needs to make the world worth visiting.