The Plague Event is Fine, but only if it's Opt-In

I don’t know? Just don’t get hit. Flying mounts are a thing.

1 Like

I understand the want to not have play styles interrupted but World events that do disturb stuff is almost uniquely a MMORPG ability and should be embraced more often than not.

I know N’zoth stuff wasn’t really a world event but it was said to be an invasion and went to two zones. Whoa, so scary. The world should get hit more often, people should be interrupted more often, but I understand that many wouldn’t like it and they play it safe.

But not many other game genres can you have events like this. It will be over before you know it and we’ll be back on the regular scheduled program of dailies and selling virtual trash on the AH.

3 Likes

Not when you’re leveling.

Wrath pre-event? I can still show you those rewards. Well the tabard and haunted momento anyway. I’d have to check the character I was playing then for gear but I prolly censored it long ago.

What? They had rewards. I still use the plate set on my paladin from time to time.

3 Likes

Here is Blizzard’s stance on griefing btw. So long as there is a PvP solution it isn’t griefing.

There is multiple threads where they keep saying this same thing over and over again. I was trying to find the original statement from Wrath/Legion with these events. More or less what you are complaining about they don’t care about. You have a way to avoid it or fight against it. Do that.

I will continue looking but trust me when I find it. It shuts you down.

3 Likes

HA HA HA What your serious /roll on ground laughing

You’re right. For PvP, I have a solution. It’s called ‘leaving War Mode.’

For this, I don’t have a solution here outside of ‘log off’. Which is probably not the solution Blizzard wants, but hey, I’m just some lowly PvE player, what do I matter?

1 Like

Ironic coming from you guys by calling anybody who just want to opt out a world event as a “cryer” or “kill joy” and ridicule for them.

Jesus the irony.

I mean, if this event is suppose to be fun, why aren’t you not playing it? why being so up in arms about somebody’s opinion is more interesting then the event? Or if your multi-tasking, why it doesn’t deserve your full attention? :confused:

You said it’s fun, but i don’t see you playing it. Maybe you don’t think it’s fun.

Fun is subjective, and not everybody is gonna fun what you find fun, fun.

How is wanting to opt out of it being selfish? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Didn’t you say you wouldn’t enjoy the event if you couldn’t attack those who don’t want to join in?

Or is that another “forced participation” proponent?

2 Likes

You keep acting like there’s going to be a sea of ghouls everywhere you go for the whole duration of the event.

1 Like

THAT IS THE POINT OF THE EVENT.

Nevermind the fact that there will be player-groups of Ghouls coordinating to lock down everwhere they can with Plague, NPC Ghouls will be swarming around too.

1 Like

Whine post 5374484 already. Going to find you as a zombie and bite you over and over

AnD oVeR AnD oVer!

3 Likes

Can’t bite me if I don’t exist.

Grats on the outplay, I guess.

my god

seriously, you don’t deserve nice things

1 Like

Can’t tell, are you for or against opt-in with this?

You are vastly overestimating how many ghouls there are going to be after the first couple days.

3 Likes

You are vastly underestimating how crafty griefers can be.

There aren’t that many griefers while there are so many zones.

Perhaps not, but why allow anything like that at all?

A simple opt-in would solve all of these issues. All of them. Just have a little prompt that reads ‘Are you sure you want to skip this World Event? You’ll forfeit any rewards in doing so.’ Click. Done.

The alternative is that ‘Log Off’ button gets slapped and doesn’t get un-slapped for however long this nonsense goes.

1 Like