The Pandaria Portal

And I’ll keep arguing with you! Win-win.

It works for me cuz I only go to Pandaria when it’s Pet Week to get battle XP for my lowbies. The portal is close to my usual starting point. So, /shrug

And the portal to Azsuna’s been useful this week cuz that’s one of the paragon reps I’m working on. And I got my purple hippiegraph the other day.

Could use the Blasted Lands portal back though. Karazhan is a pain to get to now.

1 Like

This makes too much sense.

I’m just glad that the portals are not adding more RNG to the game - use the portal and get transported to a random location on that continent…

2 Likes

That’s an engineering thing :wink: we get extra portals but we only get a general idea of where we’re going.

100% support. We need Shrine portal back. Put the other one back where it was. Boom, solution, turn the current one into Shrine. Because right now it’s ridiculous having to fly all the way across these places to get across pandaland, and I don’t care about the view.

Those that love the view so much could just take that old portal and ignore the suggested change.

2 Likes

The only part of the view of Pandaria I need to see is the pre-5.4 Vale. Since that’s not part of my 5 minute flight path, I want the Shrine portal back. :frowning:

2 Likes

You know, if Blizzard wanted us to grind, I would cheerfully do a completely OPTIONAL “restore the Vale” quest chain/rep grind. It would be more fun than the faction war.

1 Like

You really think this team of writers could go back to Pandaria and not totally mess it up?

I don’t require story. We planted a tree at the end of SoO. Just give me an NPC who can hand out daily quests for tending the tree, killing Sha remnants, and bringing beer to the Golden Lotus. They don’t need to get their grubby hands on the storyline at all.

Their Kung-Fu is stronk.

And by Kung-Fu i mean their ability to taint any part of the game at any given time for any nonsensical reason.

My thought is this. If a player has done the Vale of Eternal Blossom’s unlock/opening quest on that character (Which is super short and simple, seriously just a few fights at the temple of the white tiger) then the portal should change to Vale instead of Jade Forest for that character with an NPC that you can talk to if you want to go to Jade Forest instead.

Progressive Portals in the Portal Room would be fantastic to see where it makes sense and I feel like it makes sense here.

3 Likes

Although it would be extremely continence, the Shrine would not work for a portal location. If I recall, the Veil of Eternal Blossoms had to be accessed through some phase questing to open a door from Kun-Lai Summit. Flying was also an option once you had attained it (lvl 90).

Halfhill in The Valley of the Four Winds would be a more realistic place. It was a major MoP hub and has relatively easy access to to the majority of the zones. It is probably the best thing we can hope for.

The only reason I love the new portal location is it takes less time time flying to the Sha of anger and it being up than watching it die before you as you curse the heavens for your misfortune as you wait 15 minutes for it to respawn.

The portals go to the faction starting village in Jade Forest because that is where the Stormwind and Orgrimmar portals have always gone. Plus not everyone has access to the Shrine as you have to do a quest chain in Kun’lai Summit to unlock the gates.

I just bought the Boralus Ring and set my hearthstone to the Shrine. I use that to get to Pandaria now.

Yeah thanks OP after my month long forum ban for making fun of people that steal accounts yall gave me something more to make fun of. I said last night that for one day I would like to know what goes on in the mind of the wow devs… then I realized I was asking to see what its like to be declared medically brain dead. They clearly dont ever read the forums or even play the game but im sure they have phones right.

They claim theres room to expand the portal room but doesn’t seem like it for horde. Alliance room is 5 times the space horde get a broom closet.

1 Like

the ally room is like 1000% better looking tbh and it isnt stuck out in the front gate either.

The Horde room has some side rooms with peons locked in them (between the doorway and the portal circle). I suppose we could evict the peons and put portals in there.

Never happen. They need time gating.

Blizzard has this developer ego problem where you must be forced to consume their work again and again and again. It doesn’t matter if you love or hate it, you will experience it and you cant get out of it.

So the portal is placed such that you have to fly or (heaven help you) ride or even walk across creation to get to anywhere useful because that way your are “experiencing the world” (and boosting the time played metric).

In short, you are being milked like a dairy cow and you can’t even say nope.

They know you would rather go right to the nexus of the action. But they also know they can take that choice away from you and you can’t stop them.

They can put you wherever they want. So why would they put you somewhere that would be helpful, useful and engaging to YOU when they could force you to be somewhere that is useful for THEM instead.

1 Like