The Pandaria Portal

Can we come to a consensus as a community that we need this wretched thing moved to the Shrine instead of the very far east of the continent in the far corners of the Jade Forest?

I think we can.

You’re giving us the Caverns of Time portal back Blizzard, now make the Pandaria portal useful.

23 Likes

Totally agree, Pandaria portal should go to the Shrine.

5 Likes

You only want it there because the vale is all void infested, void gnome :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I want it there because I used my Timeless Isle port trinket, hopped on a flight path to the Townlong Steppes so I could get to Throne of Thunder to finish my Shado-Pan Assault rep, and came back 5 minutes later still on the flight path. I know you’re joking but holy Elune this portal needs to be fixed.

4 Likes

well…
we can agree all we want.
but blizzard dosnt care.
No one complained about portals buttttttttt blizz did the " lol lets fix this "

5 Likes

Half of MoP’s raids are on the western side of the continent.

Even with the portal room gutting the Shrine portals, Shrine is still the best place to set your hearth if you ever go anywhere in Pandaria because its so central, plus it still has a Stormwind portal.

I thought at least the portal room would allow me to change my hearth from Vale for the first time in like 7 years, but no.

3 Likes

Things like this make me wonder about their decision making process. When about 80% of an expansion’s collectibles (which is what people are going to Pandaria for anyway, let’s be honest) is on one far side of the continent and the only portal there is on the very opposite side… I need a justification for that. It’s a complete waste of time to spend FIVE MINUTES on a flight path from Timeless Isle every time I want to go to the Isle of Thunder. I swear they’re trying to make things take longer just out of spite at this point.

3 Likes

I would assume the justification is because the Stormwind/Orgrimmar portals always went to those places, so they just kept them the same.

Still dumb though.

1 Like

They should have left the start zone portals where they were, and put the Shrine portals in the portal room.

3 Likes

I agree. its definitely tedious and doesnt make sense. Anything to change stuff that doesnt need changing Blizz will do. #makesnosense

2 Likes

There’s legit no understandable reason I can think of for them to scrap the Shrine portal and force us into the Jade Forest except to make us waste travel time. I cannot see an alternative.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree 100%. Its further away from the raids and WB’s. Streamlined for us to “help keep the world of Azeroth feeling alive” by traveling a bit longer. smh :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::roll_eyes::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

But its closer to Timeless Isle, for the TW vendor and farming the serpent mount. Clearly their data shows more people go to Timeless than all the other stuff.

If someone cares about teleporting to Timeless, they are free to get their Time-Lost Artifacts and use the teleport item there.

2 Likes

If someone cares about teleporting to Shrine, they are free to bind their hearthstone and use it to get there.

Anything can be justified, anything can be twisted to fit a narrative.

1 Like

So the location with a dedicated teleport item is more valid than the entire rest of the continent that takes you a solid 5 minutes of travel time to reach?
Okay.
Disagree.
You’re advocating for the removal of a portal that we had just fine for years because “their data probably shows more people go to Timeless Isle.”

I’m not advocating for anything, I’m countering your logic with a completely valid and usable idea and you’re taking it personal.

Things change in this game all the time. Portals have now changed. They’re giving us CoT back, now its the fight for Shrine. Then it’ll be the fight for Legion Dalaran, then … it never ends.

1 Like

Yes! How dare we want the things we had before which were taken away to be returned to us?

1 Like

It’s about picking your battles. If this is the sword upon which you want to fall, have fun with it. But you making the assumption that most people go to Pandaria for the reasons you do, and then using that assumption as basis for fighting the good fight or whatever, is no more personal advocation than me saying the removal of the old portal is fine (which, to be clear, it wasn’t. But it’s not worth fighting over a few extra minutes on a flight path taxi).

1 Like

So you’re of the opinion that because there are other issues in the game, we should just let something go because it’s too trivial to care about?
Okay.
Glad we had this talk.
I’ll keep complaining about the Pandaria portal now.

1 Like