The other races of Dragonflight shown look better than the actual playable one

The gnolls new model looks great. I would love to play as one now. Also, let’s not forget about those Tuskarr. A highly requested race from forever ago. Yet even when they seem to be back and relevant again they get sidelined by what appears to be the ugliest looking race I’ve seen. Nothing about it looks appealing. The dragon form is awful (And I hope it can be toggled off forever) Bt on top of that, the humanoid form with all those odd-colored scales and hair just looks really stupid as well. Like it doesn’t look real. It looks like a fanmade option (Much like those you see made for void elves which equally look awful.) I hope the Tuskarr and Gnolls at least become an allied race in the future of the expansion because I am not satisfied with an ugly race that can only be one class.

5 Likes

I want to play one of the new, pretty, centaur.

1 Like

Fact. I seen the new gnoll model and instantly said: “Now that bean is absolutely adorable I want to play one!”

2 Likes

Yeah. Their new animations and facial expressions really give them a lot of character. They also appear to be very unique compared to the other races. A medium-sized, bulkier animal race. You have vulpera which are tiny, and then worgen and Tauren which are huge. But nothing that fits in the middle like the gnoll does.

1 Like

I would’ve insta-bought the new xpac if the new race was Tuskarr. Very sad they’re going to have a role and not be playable. Wanted one since Wotlk.

1 Like

I don’t mind the dragon race. Gnolls don’t interest me but the update to them etc is great. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is an ‘‘Allied Race’’ or something in the pre order.

I feel like we’d need an allied race. Fact of the matter is the new race can only be one class. For people who don’t like Envokers, this race will never see the light of day. Something that has a larger class pool is necessary to match with that.

there is an allied race for 9.2.5 and yeah the dragon model suck but they stil have 1 years to work on it so it’s ok

check the dreadlord model it would be so good for dragon model

I haven’t heard of any announcements for a race in 9.2.5. So what are you getting at?

check the forum , somebody made a topic , there is allied race encrypted for 9.2.5

Probably the Covenant races that were leaked a little while ago, if I had to guess. Apparently, someone datamined the four races getting tours of SW and Org.

Oh. A new night elf allied race? I’m not interested. I hate night elves. I want Tuskarr. We already have one night elf variation allied race with Nightborne. Why do we need yet another.

1 Like

The new model sort of reminds me of Maloriak in the cata raid, he was deathwings creation. I think it makes sense but also I get why others would want some of the other variants we’ve seen of the dragonkin too. They are only casters and healers tho… I dunno it makes sense for what we are getting.

I am curious to see all the different variations we can make on the character creation screen.

Also can we just appreciate they got an update since like ever???

Evokers are already a pseudo-elf race/class. They use Blood Elf models and have an overall “elf” silhouette. It will absolutely ridiculous if a potential allied-race pre-order was ELVES again.

Which means Blizz will probably do it.

I mean apparently the dragons can be any race. At least from the leak. And during the showcase, we saw an elf model and a human model. So maybe that confirms it? Either way, it’s all ruined by the added dragon aesthetics that don’t look good on a humanoid model. it just looks very strange.

It’s speculation based on a leak that got way too much right 3 days ago, and existing encrypted stuff.

Not confirmed at all, just speculation and educated guessed.

That looks like what they’re basically using. The demon hunter meta form which was carried over to Stoneborn and Dreadlords.