The old Divine Storm animation was perfect... bring it back!

Seriously, it was such as satisfying ability to use. The new animation just sucks! I honestly don’t know what Blizzard was thinking with the Ret changes. The new sound effects, the new animations… they are awful.

13 Likes

Heavily disagree

The new animation since Legion has heavily sucked. I haven’t had my in-game sounds on for a couple years now because of it. Blade of Justice physically makes me cringe a little bit after losing Exorcism for this mess.

9 Likes

I actually like the divine storm with the divine tempest animation. In legion especially when you had echo of the highlord and it threw forward 2 of them. Besides that, the wrath animation is significantly better. They toned it down after wrath and it became pretty lackluster.

2 Likes

I have wanted it to return since they took it out. Old Divine storm just looks so much better. Heck just give us a glyph to change its appearance even if people want to keep the current one.

4 Likes

That is one of the reasons i want to play wrath classic. Old divine storm animation is epic!

1 Like

This is why WoD ret felt so good, we had the animation and the sound of it which mind you was an actual STORM and it just was so quintessential to what ret always was, it being a hard hitter that was used in single target was always our thing and in wod by boosting it with procs and final verdicts it just felt so good.

For me one of the worst changes ever to ret, even if they dont make it relevant again in single, the old animation was god tier and it overshadows animaitons even from today, it was so good.

Ive made a post like this like 4 times before and there is always that one single person that somehow likes the new one better, but im glad that they are always the minority.

3 Likes

is when Legion happened.

Im still crying to this day.

3 Likes

Legion was a good xpac, but it gutted ret and left us to die in a pool of wannabe diablo crusader changes that were badly inplemented and left to rot.

4 Likes

Im associating Legion with Ret, thus Legion is garbage for me. (I know it had good stuff like m+, raids, whatever its not a discussion about that)

It did implement some good stuff like Wake of Ashes, Divine Hammer (Has to come back), Judgement cleaving baseline (why was it removed??), Greater Judgement was basically Divine Toll. Zeal was also a good talent.

And when they changed the philosophy of Divine Storm sharing cd with Crusader Strike to become an aoe spender which allow us more pure aoe damage rather than relying on procs, or being an aoe generator with limitation or the aoe damage coming from seal of righteousness. (that was wod but w/e)

But the rest, and how the spec worked together was really gutted and scrapped and left a horrible taste ever since.

1 Like

Man i just went back to look at some old gameplay from WoD and holy crap, no horse not bs and people couldnt catch up to the paladin, we used to be such a good movement class and our damage rotaiton got destroyed and our movement forgotten.

3 Likes

To be fair we were still getting kited, but we had better tools to work with.

Everyone had slows, and melees still had direct gap closer, we were among the only melee without one (and still are), but we had quick short cd spells with 30yards like HoW during wings with the talent, we had 30sec wings and 3sec cd HoW. and Judgement had 6sec cd. Exo had 15sec cd, could reset via Art of War. We could generate enough holy power from range too, and we could dispel roots and slows with Emancipate.

Its easy, our gameplay was fast, we were moving fast.
With Legion, our gameplay became supra slow and clunky, and so did our movement

1 Like

Honestly it’s sad. Legion content seemed so good, but they gutted my two favorite classes (Paladins and Priests) so I sat the entire expansion out.

2 Likes

Favorite animation in all of WOW. I remember playing wotlk as a warlock. I was level 30 i think. I saw a Ret pally divine storm someone in STV. I logged of that minute and made a Ret lol

1 Like

Seal twisting in WOD was a blast.

1 Like

The STV mention reminded me of the ‘‘Don’t Make Me Get My Main’’ music video where the person is getting ganked by a paladin, the video demonstartes how GODLY the ability looked.

Edit: I just rewatched it and my god i miss that sound effect so much too.

Legion was a lower mid-tier xpac with hit-or-miss class reworks, RNG Legendaries and the advent of borrowed power, but also some great content.

i’d give anything to have WoD ret + old animations back.

4 Likes

Bump for more awareness

1 Like

They won’t bring it back because the effect lasted for 4 seconds. Wasn’t an issue with a 10sec cd on it but now you can chain the ability.

Holy Power kit is what cause it to be changed in the first place.