The ogre stones from highmaul

The stones imperator mar’gok uses in Highmaul. Does chronicle mention these at all? I can’t find anything about them besides that they have power. Mar’gok uses them and so did cho’gal but it’s never stated why. Apparently they have great importance. What are they? Theories?

I get the vibe that they are supposed to be draenors version of the pillars of creation, but they don’t have specific powers. The only connection Iv made is the tidestone being the only one that’s actually a stone.

They are called Runestones in the tactics. Labelled the Runestone of Displacement, Replication, and Fortification. I don’t think it ever goes into much detail about them otherwise. I would think they are either Titan devices or parts of Breakers (which would make them Titan related). As the stones to empower magic breakers seems Titan in origin. And Mar’gok implies the others are of a related nature. But they could just be Apexis artifacts.

Either way, Chronicle 2 does not seem to mention them.

2 Likes

Origin isn’t very well explained, and even the Ogre’s don’t appear to know, since they appear to have dug them up themselves. Likely answer however is their stones are remnants of Grond that retained part of the titan powers that animated him.

1 Like

Perhaps they’re fragments of the titan discs that Aggramar fused onto the Colossals that scattered all over Draenor when they exploded themselves to kill the last Sporemound.

2 Likes