The Oathsworn Vigil - Heroic Raiding

Greetings everyone!

We are <The Oathsworn Vigil> from Moon Guard! We are a casual guild with a goal; to raid Normal and Heroic on a relaxed 2-day a week schedule!

Our dedicated core have been together since Siege of Orgrimmar in Mists of Pandaria, with some members joining between the end of Warlords and the start of Legion. We’ve also picked up some new faces in BFA!

With raiding, our aim is to always achieve Ahead of the Curve and work towards Glory of the Raider achievements. We clear Normal and Heroic in a relatively stress-free environment and work towards a relaxed atmosphere for our members.

We encourage anyone who feels that our raid times, expectations, and goals are in line with theirs, to please apply or contact us.
Details can be found below!

What We Want Updated: January 28th, 2019
Our raid team needs a new healer, preferably a Shaman or Monk! Other slots are currently filled.
We will more than welcome casual applications, but will consider all applications.

Raid Times
We raid on a fairly relaxed two-day schedule.
Thursday (9 PM till 12 AM Central Time)
Sunday (9 PM till 12 AM Central Time)
We normally form our raid 10-15 minutes earlier.

We rarely extend time and will hold a raid-wide vote if we do want to extend time.
Mythic+ is normally run around 9PM Central time on Friday, Saturday, or Monday. Based on who is available and ready to run.

Expectations
Raider Expectations:
-Have great attendance. We understand when things come up, but we’d like to see you each raid night when possible!

-Be prepared to take on responsibility; like mechanic-heavy fights with designated roles.

-Be willing to learn and improve. While we aren’t on the cutting edge of Mythic raiding, we still like to see our members do well.

-Have patience. We aren’t in a rush to get things done. Sometimes we lack the power to brute force a situation. It may take time to nail something and keeping your cool throughout is vital.

-Communicate! If you ever have an issue, we like to see communication about it so we can help resolve the matter.

-Be willing to look up fights and be prepared! We freely provide the guild with repairs on raid nights, as well as food/flasks for the evening.

Contact Us
If you’re interested in joining, feel free to contact our recruitment officers:
Terra#1485 - Yaraka / Kezona
Sixnal#1559 - Meixíang
Ferathir#1552 – Ferathir

We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have about The Oathsworn Vigil and see if you’ll be the right fit for us, and us for you!

Or you can head over to our Discord to apply:
discord.gg/srdaVNh

5 Likes

Your friendly neighborhood Ferathir here with another important announcement…

WE’RE RECRUITING! Come and join us! Do the things! The stuff! AND (hopefully) HAVE FUN DOING SO! I think you will, if you give us a try. How do I know…?

I’m still playing this trash game thanks to this guild after all these years!

APPLY TODAY!

Contact Us
If you’re interested in joining, feel free to contact our recruitment officers:
Sixnal#1559 - Meixíang
Ferathir#1552 – Ferathir

Discord - discord.gg/srdaVNh

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

If you are seeking a raiding guild that pursues Normal/Heroic, along with M+ and raiding achievements, we may just be the guild you are after!

Come check us out! :smiley:

3 Likes

Are you looking for a reason to live? Consider therapy.

Are you looking for a cool guild of miscreants to have fun running Normal/Heroic and M+? Then give us a shout!

Sixnal#1559 - Meixíang
Ferathir#1552 – Ferathir

Or you can apply directly on our Discord:
discord.gg/srdaVNh

3 Likes

We are indeed very laid back. We do expect some level of effort but we also know how to have fun! We would love to see some friendly new faces!

2 Likes

We are reliably clearing Normal and part of Heroic in a single night now!

Heroic progression is tonight!

3 Likes

Dear Oathsworn Vigil,

Could you please fill out this guild questionnaire? It’s for a Horde guild listings thread. Thanks heaps!

1. What is the name of your guild? Who is your GM?
  2. How would you describe your guild’s focus? e.g. Heavy RP, RP/PvE, raiding guild, RP/PvP, social, PvP only
  3. Please describe your guild’s RP theme (if applicable) e.g. miltary, merchant, racial, undead, pirates etc
  4. Please indicate your guild’s RP alignment (if applicable) e.g. Horde-aligned, Neutral, good, evil/dark, lighthearted
  5. How does your guild feel about Sylvanas as warchief and current Horde storylines?
  6. When would you consider your peak activity times, and how many people do you generally have online at once?
  7. How long has your guild been around i.e. when was it established?
  8. Do you have any regular or scheduled activities or events? When are they, and how are they advertized?
  9. Are you currently recruiting? If so, what sort of members are you looking for?
  10. Do you have an application process? Who should people contact if they want to join?
  11. What are your future visions for this guild?
  12. Please provide details for any out-of-game guild resources e.g. discord, website, forum thread
1 Like

I just wanna say that these people are amazing. I’ve been playing mmos for over a decade, and they’re one of the only two guilds that ever really felt like family. They’re great people, and you can always generally find people to help you if you have questions about a class, or the game in general. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lots of jokes, lots of fun, and AotC in both BoD and Crucible!! Love this guild and all that we do, come check us out and join in on the shenanigans.

2 Likes

A very fun and laid back guild that I wouldn’t trade for the world. Come check us out if you’re looking for a place to call home!

3 Likes

If you’re looking to laugh your undead booty off then look no further then THE OATHSWORN VIGIL! We raid 2 nights a week, and always have a good time! Wouldn’t trades these guys and gals for anything, except that CHEATER WILDWOLVES. We all know wildbears are BETTER, and she pads the meters to be #1 BWB.

Get in contact with wild if you have any interest in raiding with us!

3 Likes

Yup, we’re still looking for some fresh mea… I mean new sacrifi… darn! I mean, we’re still looking for some good raiders to join our team. We’re totally not gonna feed you to the bosses to appease them for loot. We would never do such a thing. Why would you even suggest it? :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness though, you can’t find better than these people. Give them a chance, and you’ll see some of the most loyal and amazing friends I’ve ever met. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m better than Wildwolves.

Also, this is a great guild full of nice and patient people. If you’re looking for a raiding guild on Moon Guard where you’ll have a lot of fun two nights a week, then don’t look any further than us.

3 Likes

Great guild full of a variety of wonderful people.

I’ve been with them for years and it’s always an experience raiding together, doing other content or even just hanging out. If you like to laugh and have a fun time clearing content we’re definitely worth looking into.

3 Likes

There is no one better than me.

Come prove me wrong, join the guild.

2 Likes

EVERYONE is better than me. Prove it and join us! :smiley:

Seriously though, we’re awesome. I’ve been with this guild since Siege of Orgrimmar and it’s been one heck of a ride. Great people and experiences. Come give us a try and see if we’re a good fit for you!

3 Likes

Another relaxed raid night tonight!

Clearing out BoD to keep rounding out our roster’s gear as we prepare for the upcoming patch!

2 Likes

As a newish member, I can say that the guild has a great sense of humor. Sooooo many jokes and raid shenanigans. Listening to them while beating in a raid bosses face is great.

3 Likes

We talk about games, we meme, and most importantly, we have cat pictures.

2 Likes

Should just delete everything else in the recruitment post and just put pictures of cats in it. That’s all anyone even needs to know. If you add puppies too that’s double-kill.

3 Likes