The number one reason I'm excited and can't wait for tbc is the lack of world buffs

I like a lot of things about Classic, but being “unable” to play your main because you already got buffed for raid early is really silly. It’s really frustrating looking for activities with my guild and they’re all parked and buffed even on their alts sometimes.

1 Like

what? this is the opposite of what i meant.

Yeah, sorry, edited the message. Regardless, the default being “stack” would indicate that most things are supposed to stack, and only things they want otherwise are flagged as such.

But…

so, thats not exactly intentional, if everything by default stacks, and it never occurred to them to apply some actual design to it.

They designed what the default is, though. lol?

Did they? I dont work with software. I don’t know how default settings on features work. The fact they designed the default as “everything stacks” has nothing to do with world buffs and their lack of design. One thing is a convenience, the other is an oversight. they are exclusive. just as i have no evidence this “oversight” was actually intentional, you have no proof that it wasn’t. we do, however, have the words of devs who said there were no design considerations involved with world buffs.

This is a really weird mentality

They all made choices but because they didnt do what you wanted it sucks?

Why? It’s a game and they want to play with their friends.

Because their friends made their choices. Sorry that not everyone can do what they want at all times

You’re fun I bet.

I dont expect everyone to do what i want. So i suppose if letting others make choices for themselves and not expecting them to play the game my way is “fun” then yeah im ok at times

Edit: Also lets not pretend like nobody plays any alts at all

I think it was more directed at the choices for his/her friends. Not the fact they made those choices.

Surely people would play on their mains more frequently if they didn’t have to uphold their buffs. And this case, the guild doesn’t play until raid time because of the buff meta.

It’s not an every case situation, but that’s irrelevant, it happens and that’s the complaint, not that his/her friends aren’t choosing to play the way they want, but they are lacking the option to play because of the meta being upheld by their guild.

Then find a new guild?

If a person doesn’t enjoy a guilds requirements then they are free to move on. Obviously their friends know and accept it so they should respect that

I think everyone needs to make choices that make your gameplay enjoyable. Don’t expect others to change themselves to fit your needs. Don’t like WBs? There’s a simple solution for that!

Here’s the problem with saying it’s the worst part of Classic WoW. It’s not Classic WoW. It’s the players. Don’t blame the game for something the players created.

2 Likes

I think you misunderstand. Of course tuning the bosses around world buffs would be wildly idiotic. The correct, sane thing to do would be to get rid of world buffs in raids entirely. Which is exactly what Blizzard did when people started to use them in raids.

I get there are options. Just stating the person wasn’t upset with the choices his/her friends made, but more so upset that the options everyone has to choose from suck, due to the meta.

It’s not fun finding a guild and people you like, ones with your friends in it, then leaving. Sometimes you deal with the stupid requirements because the people you play with are friends, or cool people and you like to play with them. Sometimes you make a sacrifice to be around people you like. Doesn’t mean you have to like it, and doesn’t mean you can’t try to voice an opinion to change it.

2 Likes

Then do not worry about world buffs, play your character whenever you want. /thread

Nobody forcing you to play this way.

“Am I playing my best and bringing the most that I can to this raid?”

This question is the reason that I bother with world buffs despite that I hate them, despite that they’re unnecessary even in Naxx content, and despite that it diminishes the game for me outside of raid night. Skipping them isn’t a reasonable thing to ask of players who are logging in to optimize; for most they’d rather drop the game entirely than raid without optimizing; and I know several, both inside and outside my guild/raid, who have dropped the game entirely from the chore of collecting and holding world buffs, especially with the recent spike in WB griefing.

That may seem strange to players who aren’t driven by optimization, but world buffs are so monstrously large while also being exhausting to collect with any sort of regularity that it causes players to burn out if they aren’t using them as well as burn out from having to collect them. Adding the “shenanigans” factor of griefing or having people ninja drop buffs constantly will make the “hardcore” players hate their server and eventually hate playing the game.

It’s why removing world buffs would make the game better.

3 Likes

I mean I hope your ready to drop and pick up enchanting eveytime you get a new ring in TBC, be a leather worked and engineer the rest of the time.