The Night Elves are terrible allies of the Furbolgs

The hilarious part is they probably would’ve still been murdered. The internal violence rate for the Horde isn’t exactly low.

6 Likes

Exactly!

If everyone just submits, there’d be no war!

You’re acting as if the Thistlefur weren’t corrupted. But they were. They were culled because they were corrupted and growing in numbers. The quest you quoted mentions the corruption.

" The furbolgs’ corruption has caused Ashenvale to become a fraction of its former glory."

Edit: Them being corrupted is also a plot point in the comics as well.

1 Like

From my understanding, Furbolg are very easily corrupted. Something something super in tune with nature something something.
I’m pretty sure in many cases, we find things like Satyr behind corrupted furbolgs. But yeah, doesnt take much.
They’re kinda like frogs, I guess. Frogs are cute and everyone loves them, but they are like the first thing to die (or in this case, corrupted) as soon as anything goes wrong with the environment.

A lot of the explanation for it got lost in Cataclysm. Corruption had just swept through from Felwood into Darkshore and Ashenvale. And stemming it is hard when you’ve got outsiders also trying to take the land from you at the same time while your greatest forces of nature are in a spirit realm fighting another corrupting force.

1 Like

No they are actually corrupted. Only Furbolg Tribe that hasn’t gone insane are the ones in the Furbolg Hold in Felwood, Winterspring, and Moonglade.

Every Furbolg when the PC exterminate their villages.

“This was not the deal I made”

yeah night elves su…ks at defending the forest ppl

Furbolg get corrupted the second anyone does anything in their territory.

2 Likes

Nah, there are others. For one, theres the friendly tribe to the Draenei on Azuremyst. The Blackwood have been freed and recorrupted back and forth like a game of ping pong. The Blackmaw in Azshara just straight up aren’t corrupted, they were actually connected to the Timbermaw until Cata when they needed to start keeping their portions of Azshara unpolluted to ensure the survival of their way of life.

Oh yea I forgot that about. They were attacked by Corrupted Owlpeople in their cave and I didn’t even knew about the Blackwood Furbolgs in Azshara.

The Horde?

When we arrived, the Razormane quilboars possessed much of the land, and proved a thorn in our sides. Through our efforts we have driven out the largest part of their numbers, but still they remain well-fortified in some areas. It has gone on long enough, however. For our own protection, we cannot allow the Razormane any hold in our lands. Their camps can be found to the west of here. Look for the brambles and you will find them. Today we drive them from Durotar, tomorrow, perhaps from all of Kalimdor.

-The Horde is all about stealing others lands and fortune while killing everyone. We heroes usually fight against such villains. )

4 Likes

And Horde fans call the Alliance the colonists :smile:

3 Likes

I mean, to be fair… Centaur and Quiboar are super aggressive and tried to drive some races like Tauren to extinction. The Quillboar around Razor Hill are just as aggressive and unfriendly. Even if the Orcs had been on Azeroth and in that location at the very start, the Quilboar would still be an issue. They are not peaceful at all.

EDIT:
And here’s a small exert:
" The quilboar would eventually settle within the Barrens and wage war against the other races living within the region, like the tauren. This way of life would move forward without incident until the beginning of the Third War."

Don’t forget Azure Myst.

Can’t. Got one of my favorite tames there… the two-headed white puppy.

Tbf, Quillboars aggression was in reaction to the state of the Barrens after the sundering. The ones in Kul Tiras are way worse, they gave up the peaceful life in a completely fertile area that circumvented their reason for going feral to everyone lol.

The Night Elves have never really been good at initiating alliances themselves. It’s not been their thing until they met the Worgen and there’s some real old history behind that. At best, they had neighbors they didn’t go shooting at.

2 Likes

Night Elves suck.

Saurfang was looking for a fight, Sylvanas just happened to provide a target and lied about the details enough to sell it. Selling a war to Orcs like him is like selling drugs to a junkie, trivially easy because they’ll make up their own excuses as long as they get what they want.

1 Like

Honestly I blame Blizzard writing more than I do the night elves, Kalimdor in general was a faction unto itself in WC3 and that included the kaldorei, the ancients, the dryads, keepers, furbolg, and even owlkin and chimaera. But in order to fold them into the Alliance, that level of power had to be nerfed somewhat just to make them equitable, and it never really recovered.

Night Elves are supposed to protect their forests, but the plot dictates they fail at that all the time. This includes trying to solve the perennial issue of furbolg corruption, and even owlkin as well. Also Blizzard just seems to have it in for furbolg, even the new ones on the Dragon Isles are getting attacked by the Primalists. I don’t think there’s been a single expansion where furbolgs were present that Blizzard didn’t decide to have them get hit with tragedy.

1 Like