The New leader of the Forsaken

It’s a trap.

The cost of living is lower, yes. But so are the wages, and there’s basically no worker protections or social safety net. It sucks people in with cheap rent and food and makes sure they will never be able to afford to move away.

Hence more homeless.

1 Like

Now that I think about it I lied. There were better paying jobs where I was but I wanted to do a different type of work in my field. And the people I work with are very cool but there is clearly more ambient poverty and people occasionally give me strange looks when I tell them i moved here.

1 Like

Honestly, I do hope that Calia does make an appearance and reforms the Desolate Council that had survived Sylvanas along with adding Alonsus Foal and other more peaceful types.

Having a half and half type Council could make everything much more interesting in the long term.

4 Likes

Blizzard implement a council when they could just have one leader everyone looks up to and obeys? Surely you jest.

Wasnt like one of the prime objectives of the Desolate Council something along the lines of “we should be able to off ourselves if we want”?

Yeah. Gonna pass on them too.

2 Likes

I’m going to pose this to the longtime Forsaken fans here.

Given the lore we currently have, what would like to see happen?

I agree that Calia leading by herself (coupled with Blizzards generally &@^% writing) would be a poor decision. I happen to think a brand new council (Desolate or not) could work in both introducing new facets to the Forsaken while retaining some semblance of the older stuff.

1 Like

This. I think a storyline with a new Desolate Council, with Calia as a part of it could make for an interesting story. Maybe some Forsaken feel loyal to Calia still as the rightful heir to Lordaeron. Maybe some just want to live their lives how they see fit and don’t want to follow her, but instead the rest of the council who were part of the Forsaken either made by Arthas or Sylvanas.

I don’t know, there is a lot of potential there and the Forsaken DESPERATELY need it to get out of the shadow of Sylvanas.

5 Likes

All this talk just makes me realize how much better Warcraft would have been if it had just stayed an RTS. I think back fondly to a few story arcs in various RTS games that ultimately boil down to being a massive love story between two characters with some supporting cast or something similar, and nobody cared because they weren’t stuck in perpetuity as one of the basic units where every map equated to three months of your actual, short human life.

Calia Menethil as the restored queen of Lordaeron probably would’ve been pretty cool in Warcraft 4 as one of the campaigns as a mix of undead and humans, scourging (huehue) away the sins of her brother and uplifting a mistreated people. It’s less cool when you go “Aw man, I might have to give up my edgy gore quests and get my Sylvanas and Jack Skellington co-pin up tattoo laser removed” because all you’ve felt like doing for the last 15 years is roleplaying as a 1 food, 100 gold basic unit.

2 Likes

Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty/Heart of the Swarm

1 Like

Hell, all of Starcraft was always the story of Jimmy Raynor and Sarah Kerrigan and all the odds set against them and the lives ruined or improved along the way.

Space fairy demigoddess aside, it was well done the whole way. I suspect part of that is because, as I said, I haven’t been playing a medic for 15 years in what amounts to a storyline you can bang out in a week off from work.

Same can be said about a lot of vidya james and their stories. They’re awesome in short sprints, fun to replay, but in an MMO we’re not all… the Courier from New Vegas, or the Grey Warden from Dragon Age, or Commander Shepard. We were barely even a named NPC until recently and regardless of how the story beats call us the Champion we still get our faces rocked by other basic units like quillboar and murlocs so I have a hard time thinking I’m anything more than NCR Trooper, doing a couple world quests patrol reports while waiting for the Courier to advance the plot.

2 Likes

I’m gonna put forward Magistrate Sevren, since he has leadership experience, has been Forsaken for a long time and he’s one of the few Forsaken I can name that isn’t a Deathstalker or Apothecary.

Calia can run an off shoot if she wants to.

1 Like

101% Says who? It’s not guaranteed at all.

Alright, hear me out. What the Forsaken need is new blood in their leadership. Someone who knows when to ask for help.

Dumass.

10 Likes

The new leader of foresake-skin.

Ah man, remember my Army of the Light/Circumcision thread?

Guys? Guys?!

1 Like

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I need an adult?

But you’re OUR adult??

2 Likes

Not gonna lie a fallout spin off game where you play as an ncr trooper sounds fun.

2 Likes

I think sylvanas was the thing not allowing forsaken to actually, not, …be forsaken? Before the storm showed a depth to the forsaken i didnt appreciate and sylvanas hated, they do still cling to life and hope. They do see themselves as citizens of lorderon, and despite what arthas did, they for the most part loved calia, at least some. Enough that sylvanas killed her own people who dared to want their family, exposing herself finally as someone who has never been morally grey. Calia should be a figurehead and the desolate council should be raised up. And let the forsaken use their actual names and not those dark made up names with some pride.

2 Likes

We need Arthas as leader of the Forsaken change my mind!

“HI! I’M THE NEW LEADER! I LOVE YOU!”

Clear sentence, dipsh*t forum.

1 Like