The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes

Ayep. I’ll keep poking it any time I feel like it- if they have a problem with it they can shut the thread down. Though I’m sure someone would start another one. And maybe have screenshots.

“Is Officer” is terrible. Even if every guild ever has a workaround for it. It’s a bad idea that should have never gotten past the drawing board.

6 Likes

Heads up Bliz, I’m STILL getting wife aggro on this issue.

Be really nice if you could…y’know…just do what the OP asked…over 8 months ago…

Please revert the permissions

7 Likes

Here is another post from earlier in the thread that details how the poster used permissions to differentiate various ranks in the past. Clearly that’s something that can no longer be done. The poster also has a useful suggestion to offer about the ignore ability.

I feel this post really shows exactly what the problem is with lumping all the permissions together. No longer can guilds have a multi-tier officer system with permissions assigned according to rank. All-or-nothing permissions is NOT the way to effectively run any organization.

Fix the permissions, Blizz.

6 Likes

Well you can tell by the way we run our guild
I’m a busy troll, no time to kill.
Spamming trade and tanking mobs, I’ve been kicked around
since I was born
But it’s all broke, and all astray
And you just look the other way

We all try, to understand
What kind of fix is in the plan.

Whether you’re Druunah or just another poster
We are stayin’ alive, stayin’ alive.
Fumel keeps it goin’, the thread is always growin’
Cause we’re stayin’ alive, stayin’ alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin’ alive, stayin’ alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin’ alive

All our guilds are broke, its such a joke
until it all gets fixed, we’ll give a poke.
We got all the GMS’s on our side
I’m a patient troll, stuck on this ride.
You know it’s all bad, and not okay
But I’ll just post another day.

We all try, to understand
What kind of fix is in the plan.

Whether you’re Druunah or just another poster
We are stayin’ alive, stayin’ alive.
Fumel keeps it goin’, the thread is always growin’
Cause we’re stayin’ alive, stayin’ alive.
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin’ alive, stayin’ alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin’ alive

Thread goin’ nowhere, somebody help me,
Somebody help me yeah.
Thread goin’ nowhere, somebody help me, yeah.
WE’RE STAYIN ALIVE!

Fix the permissions plz.

7 Likes

Oh my.

I’ve been immortalized in song! :sunglasses:

(The Bee Gees are the best)

Blizzard.

Fix the permissions!

5 Likes

I feel like dancin’, yeah!

(How convenient that my dance moves somehow fit this song. :wink:)

5 Likes

THAT’S SO PERFECT!!!

sings along

Blizzard, fix permissions please.

5 Likes

So they’re STILL waiting for this one to blow over just like every other unwanted change they rammed down our throats, eh?

Blizzard’s motto: “We know better then you how you want to play the game, so close your eyes… and just let it happen.”

EDIT: I can’t get… that song… out of my head… HELP!!

6 Likes

Just go with it. Boogie down. We might as well have a dance party in here. Maybe that would get us some attention.

5 Likes

I understand the frustration with the current design and I’m hoping to see it fixed soon. Lots of you have given great input and I appreciate y’all taking the time to give your two cents. I’ve said this in other places and will say it here. Spread the word when you say stuff on here to your guild discord and various other communities you’re a part of that are associated with WoW. The more of y’all who say something the better.

I’m with you guys on this. The guild UI isn’t what it should be and there should be more options available to guild admin.

Regards,

Zin

10 Likes

My guildmates log at midnight,
Go right to work at dawn.
My GM runs my raid nights,
My GM heals my harms…

What you doin’ to our guilds, aah,
What you doin’ to our guilds, aah?
You should be fixin’ yeah!
Fixin’ yeah!

Permissions are so broken,
They used to be so good.
My GM is so angered,
So shook down to her blood.

Fixin’ yeah!

Fixin’ yeah!

Dance Solo

This thread just keeps on growin’
Cause we ain’t goin’ home, no.
Our guildies keep us fightin’!
We’re Heroes of the Storm!

Fixin’ yeah!

Fixin’ yeah!

5 Likes

Since we seem to be having a guild-fixing Bee Gees party, I brought a disco ball.

Thank you, Zin! Always nice when a green pops by to voice support. Want to dance?

Blizzard, fix permissions please.

6 Likes

It blew over the day it started because nobody actually unsubbed from the game due to this. Sure this might have been one of the many factors that caused unsubs, but as far as people actually leaving over this? Nah.

Blizzard cares when they lose money, Blizzard doesn’t care when people get mad and they don’t lose money.

This sort of attitude will destroy both WoW and the company. Seriously. Little things add up. And people have quit because of this change. Maybe not a huge number, but it’s happened.

The thing is, like the portals, it’s not so much the actual change that’s pushed people over the edge, it’s how these changes (and Blizzard’s response) show the devs’ attitude toward players and the game itself has fundamentally changed.

Instead of making an intricate and interesting world that players will want to delve into for hours, they simply make it take longer to get anywhere. That’s lazy game design, and it’ll end up killing WoW.

Same with the guild changes. Instead of improving a guild UI that has long needed major improvements, they cut it to the bone and combine it with a new feature nobody asked for or wanted, but which the devs hope would compete with discord. Why? I don’t know, but the effect is not one that will help the health of the game or Blizzard’s bottom line in the end.

8 Likes

It’s not that I disagree with you, I agree with you on 99% of everything you and the majority of what the posters have posted, it’s just that Blizzard doesn’t care. If you think they care you are oblivious. If they cared they would have at least given a response in this time frame, even a “we’re listening and hear you” post.

They don’t care, man, sorry.

I think they care about their bottom line and little to nothing else. I didn’t mean for my previous post to sound like I was dissing your attitude. It was Blizzard’s I’m annoyed with.

Guilds are the backbone of this game. Even with all the “looking for” tabs we now have, guilds are important and necessary. Blizzard should be supporting them rather than making it harder to organize and run a guild. But you’re right, they just don’t care.

2 Likes

They may not…but, we can leave a nice big cake of egg o’face, here, so that when they look back…or anyone else looking to boot up an MMO…

< shrug > It is what it is. Or it has become what it has become. At least there’s something here that might tell someone something.

2 Likes

With all due respect. You have no way of knowing this for a fact.

The game at present is plagued with “reasons to unsub”

I’d think Blizzard would want to fix as many of them as possible.

As has been stated, guilds keep people interested during content “issues” ie: lack of or poor content.

Scenario:

Guild A has been around for years through the good and the bad. Guild A has continued to function and to keep it’s members engaged in the game (Thus subbed) through some pretty bad content droughts and even some downright poor content over the years.

Blizzard borks guild permissions

Guild A can no longer function as it chooses to function.

Since Guild A can no longer function as it wishes, it puts recruitment on hold.

Therefore, many people that may otherwise (if not for the broken permissions) have been recruited by Guild A are not recruited.

The regulars of Guild A (as well as those who never got a chance to join Guild A because they weren’t recruiting) also stop playing mainly due to the other

Guild A, instead of being the thriving community is has always been, (thus keeping people subbed) limps along with only a handful of active members instead of it’s usual gaggle of goofs.

If the guild permission had been left intact and functioned as they always have, Guild A could have kept many players who quit for

engaged in the game regardless.

Instead, those players

because they never got a chance to join Guild A (or any similar guild) because Guild A (among many others) was not recruiting because guild permissions were borked by Blizzard’s best.

In this scenario at least, it seems Blizzard IS indeed losing money among other things:

Integrity

Respect.

Their (once stellar) reputation

I doubt you are correct when you say “no one has unsubbed over this”

Regardless if it’s a direct result of guild permissions or indirectly related to guild permissions unsubbing it unsubbing.

Unsubbing = lost money.

4 Likes

Welp, tossed our question into the QA thread again.

Not gonna get my hopes up, but can’t say we’re not trying.

7 Likes

Please be sure to like this so we get an answer!

4 Likes