The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes

Please revert the guild permissions.

It would be awesome.

Also

I’m tempted to hunt down all my songs in this thread and embed youtube links to the originals in the posts lol.

6 Likes

I’d be very surprised if half the player base is still here compared to what BfA started with, which is probably why actually fixing anything isn’t a concern.

1 Like

I’m in favor of this. :grin:

I can only quote posts. Contrary to what a certain other poster claims, I haven’t been working on getting my forum status up. For one thing, you have to read something like 500 different topics, and I pretty much just stick to this one.

But I think it would be really cool to have the music to go with your songs, Venj.

4 Likes

Heh…are there 500 topics?

There’s this, High Elves, Raider-O’s, Titanforge Has Ruin All the Things, Flightfinder, and Classic. No one will ever level up! :sob:

1 Like

Where can I find more information on raising my forum status? I’d really love to be able to post links, videos, etc. If there isn’t something to link, can you explain, please? I’m sorry.

The full post is here: New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features.

By “topics,” they mean forum threads. So you can get to 500 just by reading guild related threads, but it will be much faster if you click into other stuff too. You can also cheese the 20,000 read messages requirement by scrolling slowly through the megathreads. (High elf and vulpera threads are great for that.) I did it while watching YouTube videos.

To see where you are right now, click on your character portrait in the top right, and then on your name in the dropdown that comes up. You’ll be able to see your stats for most of these requirements.

To see your current trust level, use this URL.

Replace your name and realm in the URL, and then control+F trust. The realm is not capitalized. The highest trust number listed is your current level. (When you gain a new rank, it can take a few hours to update.)

3 Likes

This is abhorrent. Get a CM on this immediately.

1 Like

So here is a post made after Ion said, “Please let us know what features are needed and how you use them.”

For the record, Ion’s comment in the Q&A is the reason I’ve been going back through and pulling out posts from earlier in the thread. Because, you know, they somehow got missed the first time.

6 Likes

Darn. I came here for Venjin songs and there aren’t any posted yet!

Oh, wait, that’s not why I came. It was to pad my stats. And, um…remind Blizzard that we still want guild permissions separated so guild masters can assign them as they wish.

:microphone:HELLO?? IS THIS THING ON??

4 Likes

Separate guild permissions delegated as the GM sees fit, please.

#StatPaddin

7 Likes

The only CM that carried about us, no longer works for the company. I don’t think this change is coming ever.

5 Likes

I started at the top:

https:// www. linkedin. com /in /michael-morhaime-1081a7170/
https:// twitter. com /mikemorhaime

https:// www. linkedin. com /in /coddy-johnson-a823582/

A simple message to these two on LinkedIn and point them to this discussion/thread. I’m sure one of their assistants will be the person to deal with it but anything is better than the stony silence of this thread.

1 Like

I’m gonna get on it…just as soon as my boss stops walking by every 5 friggin’ minutes…

Oh, and just to keep on-topic:

Current permissions setup bad.
Old setup good.
Bring back old setup for more good.

5 Likes

Update?

5 Likes

So, here’s a quote from another smart Guild Master (back in August) explaining why separate permissions are necessary:

I hadn’t intended to quote myself when I started this read-through, but I feel like some of my original posts are just as relevant and worthy of highlighting as the other posts I quote. So, here I am.

Yes, I realize a certain poster believes I’m only doing this to pad my forum stats and um… Well, I can’t remember what he’s always accusing me of doing beyond keeping the thread alive. He’s partly right about keeping the thread alive, but that’s not really why I do this. I do it because Ion ticked me off by asking for more feedback when this thread already had over 1k posts, and because nobody is more stubborn–I mean tenacious–than I am. I’ll be posting here until they either fix the permissions or close the thread.

4 Likes

I agree your posts are worthy of highlighting. Carry on. :smiley:

2 Likes

You started at the top… with people that are no longer with the company. At least, Morhaime isn’t… that’s why J. Allen “You think you do, but you don’t” is in charge of things now… Mike is gone…

2 Likes

reverse it

2 Likes

You do realize that Morhaime retired, right?

You’ll need to find J. Allen Brack’s assistant. And remember that he’s the “you think you do but you don’t” guy while you’re looking. :blush:

2 Likes

I don’t follow blizzard corporate shenanigans/news…hence I just went to their site, pulled their management info up and searched by that.

The over all point though is contact information is out there and can be used.

ie: https:// www. linkedin. com/in/ j-allen-brack-27a2582/ took me 5 seconds to find that and his FB profile (/jbrack)

At this point continuing to moan here in the forums is a useless. If we really want answers or even the holy grail of Blizz fixing the issues that have been documented countless times in these threads, people have to get off their butts and do the uncomfortable work of finding people who will listen or at least make others do the listening.

2 Likes