The new feral tree is... garbage

i want my old one back

14 Likes

So far it seems like itā€™s a wash. ( PvE at least )

Not sure what the purpose of it was.

3 Likes

If itā€™s to kill all motivation for druids as a whole and to make people feel they wasted time making druid a main.

They achieved that.

19 Likes

Itā€™s a wash to me. Damage just got rearranged so we take a slightly different set of talents and attacks are mostly the same. I donā€™t feel a noticeable impact to my st or aoe numbers. Not enough to go full-on sky is falling.

1 Like

Im convinced people complain no matter what. When the initial Dragonflight tree everyone cried about how bad it was, the lack of communication, and any changes at all throughout Dragonflight beta. It eventually got overhauled. It seemed like everyone was happy about that. There were a lot of posts about how the new dev must have listened to the people, knows what heā€™s doing. Now there are improvements to the tree that a lot of players liked and now itā€™s garbage? The forums make every class seem bad.

2 Likes

The only real negative so far is that BT is dead, and that sucks.

How so?

I agree with this post

Because the new incarn rotation is shred bite shred bite shred bite shred bite shred bite weeeeee

1 Like

New? This is how itā€™s been. Plus you get more out of Frenzied Assault than you do from the 10% bonus of BT over LS

I definitely feel weaker. Iā€™m guessing I have to adjust my playstyle, but kinda lost at the moment. Pre-patch dmg was 1.5 to 2 times more.

2 Likes

Wrong imo, with BT it added a small complexity to our opener and play that if executed properly we were rewarded with better damage shred bite wasnā€™t really a thing anymore, but now itā€™s honestly shadowlands 2.0 bite build.

They didnā€™t nerf damage by 33%-50% :joy:

They didnā€™t change anything from SL with Berserk and Bloodtalons. And with the addition of Frenzy, it was still better to forego BT in favor of Shred ā€”> Bite ā€”> Shred ā€”> Bite

This was MY experience in the few Mythics that I did after servers went up. Settle down lol. This was why I was speculating that maybe my play style needs to change. Was giving my 2 cents.

It was a few numbers changed out of bleeds and a little more into Bite (and Rampant Fury)

They play style shouldnā€™t change. Few more Bites at lower mob count instead of PW. Thatā€™s about it

1 Like

BT becoming losing its advantage in single-target is very unfortunate. When FB only costs 15 energy thanks to Relentless Predator and SOTF (yes you still need 30 to get the max benefit, but you gain 15 instantly) and youā€™re always taking double Tireless Energy because nothing else in the top part of the tree matters for single target, you can slam out so many bites that it doesnā€™t matter.

I think AoE/Cleave is much more rewarding though, as weaving bites between PWs is very rewarding. The downside is that Bees is basically dead (was already kind of hard to justify before), so hopefully that is something that can be looked at in the future.

I think the changes did exactly what they wanted to accomplish from a performance standpoint in PvE. Nerf our uncapped AoE a little bit (via Rip and Circle), buff our cleave to compensate (Bite/Rampant), and buff our single-target. I agree there are some unfortunate gameplay consequences to the changes that were made, but I think those are much harder to fix in away that makes people happy while also not nuking our performance in some manner.

I do lower single target dps, and lower aoe dps. Whether its 10 mobs or 4 mobs my dps is lower than it was prepatch.

4 Likes

Except very few were happy for the changes to the tree with the most recent patch. Folks were so happy that Feral was having a higher emphasis on Bleeds. Then 10.0.5 rolls around and Blizzard has once more started shoehorning Feral back into a Ferocious Bite bot. Again.

Regardless of whether its an improvement (buff) or a detriment (nerf) is up for debate (Iā€™m sure most of those in this thread talking about lower damage are ones who have not yet mastered a slightly different rotation), but whatā€™s not up for debate is that Ferals want most of the damage to be coming from bleeds and not Ferocious Bite.

3 Likes

I think we should consider which demographics are making those complaints, as there are various groups within a single class-community. To be fair, Resto druid was in a good place, it still is viable, but we literally got crap in one hand, and crap in the other. It wasnā€™t worth the trade off tbh.

It was a few numbers changed out of bleeds and a little more into Bite (and Rampant Fury)

They play style shouldnā€™t change. Few more Bites at lower mob count instead of PW. Thatā€™s about it

With the exact same playstyle in the same Mythics Iā€™ve ran a million times, my dps is way lower - according to dmg meters. Iā€™ve seen a lot of other posts about feral feeling weaker, too. I almost feel like something is bugged! I mean, we can already hard crash the game by stealthing and using Rake lol.

As a feral main whoā€™s been a feral main since Vanilla when nobody wanted a feral druid unless they were tanking, this is the worst Iā€™ve ever felt :(.

1 Like