The National Carp League Hosted by Orchid Bell Amity! (Neutral Factioned RP Guild)

Hello friends! Nice to finally be able to officially announce a new League that’s starting up in the Moon Guard Community.

As we wrap up the 2018 year, there are some who are interested in a particular sport that was played, and become more popularized in the Tournament of Ages. This game is known as Carpball, and, for those of you who don’t know what that is, allow me to summarize.

It’s essentially much like soccer (or football) in World of Warcraft, two teams are pinned against one another in a timed event, using only their skill, abilities, and their reliability in their teammates to win the event.

Now, as mentioned, the game was popularized in Tournament of Ages, but Orchid Bell Amity is looking to expand to having more than one time in the year be available to Carpball Enthusiast. And currently, we have a reality of that goal in the works.

The truth, however, is that we need help from the Moon Guard community to make this reality come true.

And so this is what we’ve come up with, introducing the National Carp League, a new league formed around getting things in motion for those interested in Carpball. Whether it be forming a team with your friends, or in your organization, referees, camera crew, or simply being a fan of the sport. We could use your help in making this dream come to life. I’ll try to sum things up briefly here:

Currently, we’re looking to kick off our first official game in mid January.

We have 3 teams already signed up, and are looking to have at least 6.

We have taken the Carpball rules and have modified them as well as expanded on the premise. While some of it is less soccer oriented, we believe these rules can be used to make a more solid, yet fun experience.

And another thing to note, if you want to learn how to play Carpball, or want to understand just what exactly this post is all about, we’re more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Honestly, we’re still developing, and we hope to get things off the ground ASAP, and unfortunatley, with Cross Roleplay being down as it is, we’re on a setback.

But rest assured, we still have plans to get the first game going, Livestreamed, and refereed, in Mid January

So you might ask, how do I get to join in on this campaign? Simple really, feel free to message, or send in game mail to Taeljan, Vaanna, or Vorawsoul, and ask them about it. We’ll help you get squared up with what needs to be done.

And if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. I’m fairly good about getting back to people with questions they may have. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and if there’s anything you need me to clarify, please don’t hesitate to let me know!

2 Likes

Marmotball for life

1 Like

Carpball is truly an entertaining sport to be had! I think the potential of making it a seasonal game in its entirety is something we can possibly strive for.

1 Like

I really hope to get this off the ground! I encourage anyone, whether its an experienced Carpball player, or someone who wants to learn how to play, to talk to me! I’m more than happy to help anyone with any questions they may have. Thank you!

Update! We have a flyer about Carpball, and a couple of articles written for those interested in learning more about it. Feel free to message me either in game or on the forum post to see them! Also our Free Agents pool is increasing. We hope some people will be interested in forming teams as well!

1 Like

Bumping this post for people to see!

1 Like

Update! We now have a fourth team currently signed up and are starting to move ahead with plans to set up scheduling for the first games. Cheers to Carpball!

Events with fish=good.

1 Like

Yes ma’am. Fish have a special appearance. They’re even in the name of the sport!

1 Like

If there is the case that someone is looking to join in on the fun, but doesn’t have a team, we have a rank for you! Other teams are of course looking for new members! You’ll just be listed as a Free Agent with us <3

1 Like

bump bump <3

1 Like

We’re still looking for more teams!

1 Like

Let’s Get This Carp!

1 Like