The Mythic Dungeon International is Back -- Live Today

Are you being serious ? I can’t tell cause I was thinking of going mage

I play a lot of games that have competitions such as FF1 Randomizer. What makes that more interesting in the speed run tournaments is that not everything is handpicked by the team. If you want this to be interesting, you don’t allow the teams to pick comps, you have it generated randomly. If a team adapts to the challenge then, that shows something. But allowing everyone to pick everything is dumb. There is no need to diversify or take a chance on routing or tactics. Imagine if they had to take a Frost Mage, Demo Lok, Pro Warrior, Holy Priest, and Surv Hunter.

But nope lets just bend over with the idea of players adapting to a problem set. I just don’t get this. Bonus round would be the All Pally Challenge. But you know why try to have funny or cool ideas.

3 Likes

I was being sarcastic. I wouldn’t expect nerfs to any of the specs being showcased heavily (100% in some cases) in the MDI.

No thanks I don’t feel like watching the same near identical comp over and over again. How about some tuning changes. Oh thats right we can’t. We have the MDI going on until March so the top .00000000001% of players can compete. Realistically its like 20 people probably in the end because most of these teams don’t stand a chance.

Ha. Haha. Hahaha. MDI is going on for until March 14th. No class tuning until 9.1. Expect very lazy minor % buffs that will amount to almost nothing.

1 Like

Screw you Blizzard for no class tuning

3 Likes

The 2% 2hand buff for Frost DK put them at the top of the charts right? I mean just look at how many Frost DKs are in MDI…

2 Likes

Its not in the budget.

THREE LIKES 200 COMMENTS LoL

2 Likes

Forcing mythic dungeons as an esport has gone swimmingly!

you are using 1 meaning of the word, its not the only meaning and even if its what these guys do currently for financial gain doesnt make it a profession. I searched the word it had “engaged in a specified activity as one’s main paid occupation rather than as a pastime” and for the example was “a professional boxer”. One could stretch video game “esports” to equate to real world sports but how many professional sports stars have no coaching and no trainning beyond whatever they do themselves? The answer is obviously not one. Every solo or team professional has a coach or several coaches plus trainers. A guy playing wow doesnt equate, even if its a guy playing wow with 4 others who he knows really really well. How many wow-coaches are there. Theres no companies or organisations that train/coach and mentor wow players.

Just because someone does something for a paid job doesnt mean its a profession, or that they are professionals. I’ve never seen a professional trolley pusher, or a professional checkout worker

What I find strange is that they use three affixes instead of the full four and they only do 18+ will the difficulty increase as they go along or is this static?

They only list the 3 affixes that can rotate, because Prideful is always the last affix.
Pretty sure the difficulty is static at +18.

Still 3 likes, 11 hours in.
LOL

2 Likes

i think if the teams were more diverse, it would be alot more interesting to watch!

I remember watching MDI a year back or maybe the first year it was out (idr) but atleast one team came out with something alot different than the other teams. That was interesting. Even though i think they lost (IDR)!

I just think it sends the message to non-wow players… if you want to do this (MDI) this is the only way you can possibly do it (by playing x-class/race/spec) otherwise it wont happen.

Think there should be a rule of 1 race 1 spec per team or atleast 2 race / 1 spec per team
–NE-tank /NE heals /human fire mage /human hunter mm dwarf monk ww (just an example but its a bit more diverse)

I did watch mdi yesterday so i still have all the teams stuck in my head lol… but the mdi itself just lacks any sense of adventure and ooohhh ahhh moments because its alot of the same repeatedly. One team just ends up doing it way better (even if they all die a gazzilion times lol)

Yeah it ended up just like their Overwatch league…
2 identical teams doing the exact same thing over and over.

@Blizzard E-Sports: Please don’t do this.

1 Like

What an embarrassment the MDI is this year lmao.
Disappointed in you Blizzard. So, so disappointed.

tried to watch it and got sleep , boring watching the same thing on 2 screens .

Class tunning is on hold for this crap.

1 Like

oh man, it’s so fun to watch two identical (or virtually identical) comps, featuring the same 4-5 classes, run the instance exactly (or virtually exactly) the same as the other every single time.

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Here’s hoping that first abom from the mini gauntlet on the third boss of Necrotic Wake falls out of the necropolis and brings a few packs up from the ground with it for at least one of the MDI runs.

Maybe then Blizzard will get around to fixing that bug.

2 Likes

just watched 10seconds of it.
got bored, closed the window.
…let’s watch people do what you can do in a dungeon… .wow… yawn.