The most iconic races of the Franchise

Always remembered having a good giggle at Tieflings being made a baseline player race in the first major DnD edition after Draenei were introduced onwards. Whether or not it’s related, we’ll never know, but I can’t help but wonder.

Who would have guessed goat people are fun.

The fact that you even consider that any race is more iconic than orcs in Warcraft franchise, just show that you never ever understood what this game is all about.

But, i would say that night elves and forsakens are for sure the 2nd and 3rd place.

2 Likes

Sorry but Orcs lost their touch with Warcraft 3. Nobody wants green humans. If you want morality and nobility go play alliance.

I love the Draenei as much as anyone else, but I wouldn’t put them up there with orcs and humans as one of the games most iconic races

Yep, you never understood what Warcraft is about.

1 Like

The Horde is about killing your enemies. Sparing them and showing mercy is an alliance thing.

They are the chosen ones. It was Velen who had the final say by the end of Legion. Pretty obvious.

I don’t think you “get” the Horde.

6 Likes

I never understood this teenage edge lord cosplay by Erevien it is full of contradictions. He keeps trashing Sylvanas’ reign which is the closest thing to Warcraft 2 we’ve ever had.

I never understood his logic.

2 Likes

The Horde is whatever Blizzard wants it to be. The writing team that wants it to be more human acting can be replaced tomorrow and everything changes after that.

Your post says ‘iconic’ not ‘unique’.

My answer would be different if that was the ask.

Humans and Orcs are stereotypical. There is nothing special about them.

Didn’t Warcraft 3 help popularize the notion of flipping around tropes with monster races in protagonist roles in fantasy games through their orcs, as well as one of the contributing factors to WC3 itself popping off compared to the previous two games? I’d call them the most iconic just for that. I figure it’s why there’s a giant orc statue outside of Blizzard’s offices.

Following them, I’d guess night elves and forsaken, and that’s it.

1 Like

Lets be honest, a Warcraft 3 would likely have pop up even if it was a more “traditional” good guy/bad guy dichotomy if for no other reason than because Blizzard was already a gamer household name thanks to the popularity of Starcraft.

Other MMOs don’t burn up their cast like Blizzard is doing with the Horde. That is an WoW only problem.

It was notable enough to be mentioned on Wikipedia as one of the game’s appeals when the game was reviewed by critics, so I think it’s fair to bring up.

2 Likes

You marked out Blood Elves.