The Meta Point of BFA?

I would certainly be up for Alliance aggression. You get glimpses of it in the Cata storyline with humans doing horrifying things in Taurajo. Even the Forsaken are portrayed pretty evenly in Silverpine. From an outside perspective they’ve to look pretty villainous but from their side it comes off as a pretty desperate fight for survival. Alliance NPCs loudly inform you of their intention to retake Lordaeron with armies that will march over your broken bones.

In BFA though we come off as lunatics. Derek Proudmoore comes to mind. Now I assumed hey we drudge this guy up, raise him, let Voss do her social worker of the dead routine then boom we’ve a new Forsaken Admiral with in depth knowledge on how to dismantle the Kul Tiran fleet.

Instead nah just, torture the free will out of him so we can make him a bomb. Stealing the free will of a Forsaken is in Hillsbrad portrayed as the highest crime in Forsaken society. I’m still bewildered ‘The Horde is Nothing!’ turned many Forsaken against Windy instead of ya know, violating the most sacred law of their culture.

But who knows maybe Tyrande will do something violent in or around SL. By design the factions can’t actually be at peace which makes the ‘Stop fighting and work together’ lesson that’s as old as Reign of Chaos just come off really hollow. And probably why a faction war should never be the A plot of any WoW story.