The MAW! Tune it correctly please!

So I have been around a bit in this game but seeing how the Maw is setup really irritates the hell out of me. It seems its set to restrict our use of it and the amount of deaths and time between is insane at any measure. The no mounts isn’t an issue to me but dying to mob after mob with nowhere to go to even get a break to revive and heal seems to be a bit off. I get some areas should be thick but to be smothered from start to finish non-stop and this isn’t even taking the eye into account. You add that stupid eye that triggers off nothing, it becomes unplayable. Even entry story missions cannot be completed due to how quickly the eye ramps and then the 10 stacks of immediate execution on top of it and the game is done. Nothing but trying to fight through countless mobs, being taken into the air and dropped and the fact no healing works makes this futile.

Not sure why this area must be so overwhelming at all times from all angles but its not balanced and nothing I have seen in WoW before. Blizzard you seriously need to take a look at this some how some way and see if it can have a better balance or longer times for the eye to ramp or faster cool offs. Mobs are thick enough but add that on and no reason to go in there but for 10 min a day. Other then that love the expansion and been having fun since 6 months off from BFA.

1 Like

So in other words, time there causes you to suffer… almost like you’re in hell?

2 Likes

Just be smart and so important stuff first so the eye doesn’t each level 5

2 Likes

Hell in a video game is still supposed to be fun, which is what people are complaining about.

If the point of your content is that players suffer while doing it, that content was not well designed.

See Doom Eternal for more information on how to make going to hell fun.

2 Likes

If not being able to mount is suffering to you, then you might be a zoomer.

People have complained about more than just not mounting, and in this thread the OP specifically said the problem isn’t the lack of mounting.

but sure, I guess people are just zoomers because they don’t like something.

1 Like

Mounting isnt an issue…I have run across this game for years so doesnt make a difference to me. Issue isnt even something being tough or difficult, its the way its designed to be difficult. Overwhelming a player to the point the very systems used by the player are ineffective leaving you helpless then that is not a good design. WoW has had some crazy areas before but the game has always been pretty fair in how that occurs i.e. in bursts with lulls to provide recovery time, planning etc. This zone is designed to not just eliminate the lulls with continuous attacks but also negate every survival skill provided by the game with the eye providing a 100% reduced healing debuff. That is what is bothering me along with why this zone was designed in this way on top of only allowing a certain time in the zone per 24 hours. If the eye wasnt present and/or could be reset or downgraded in some way then possibly the rest wouldnt be an issue but my 1st time there after intro quests I was at 5th level on Eye in a matter of 20 minutes and could not walk more then 30 seconds without being flown off, dog piled or just simply erased off the field. That is extremely over tuned especially when you just hit level 60 and gear is garbage etc along with the main storyline quests bringing you here and asking you to do a lot of things which with current setup will force it to take days. On the ember part where elementals are killed for 5 embers I simply ran out killed 1 (maybe) and then died, ported back to main city and jumped in again to go again. Took almost 2 hours to get the 5 last night. I can only imagine new players what they are thinking. I do know there was a quest question about the difficulty but I didn’t think to much of it and answered “Difficult but I will manage” which was in the middle of the responses. The zone is cool in look and feel and it really is a shame they limit the time you can be there to maybe under 30 minutes to 1 hour per day. Again this isnt complaining. I am simply providing feedback on the experience I had in the zone and my opinion of it. If it is intended to be the OP then so be it but it will take a lot of time to gear to be able to handle most elements of it and that might be what needs to be communicated to the players…High level content proceed at own risk or something :slight_smile:

The maw is working as intended. they wanted us to hate it. they wanted us not to play it. And It’s working, I’m not going there for any reason. It’s makes me not want to level alts, it makes me not want to play my main. It makes me not want to play at all. it’s annoying, it’s not fun, it’s horrible horrible content.

If you don’t want us in there stop making quest go in there. You made it perfect I hate it, i hate it, I hate it. It’s not fun, I’m playing less because of it. Great job Blizzard.

1 Like

I don’t mind that it takes some care to navigate the Maw. It creates a sense of risk simply by being there, which is the idea.

Get in, get out. The eye resets everyday, so it’s just a matter of pacing your activities. You are not meant to spend a lot of time there each day.

1 Like

I think you misunderstand the maw. Once you hit level 5, you’re done. Period. If you’re staying in, you’re not figuring it out. There is nothing wrong with this, you just didn’t understand what you were supposed to do.

Not strictly speaking true, you can logout to reset your stacks of level 5 eye over and over. Its insanely degenerate and not worth doing for 99.9% of people but you can stay in for quite a bit at level 5.

When you’re at jailer 5, that’s time to leave. Come back the next day.

You’re not earning rep or Stygia at that point except from turning in quests.