The maw is bad guys, really really bad

Why isn’t this eye of the jailer mechanic super cool. It should be there to set up the jailer as super powerful villian you want to kill as he’s a new introduction to the lore and we don’t know enough about him to make us want to kill him in the final raid. This mechanic should be apart of that build up. Like, you should be afraid to have it stack up, it’s f*cking hell, but then have it be mechanics that don’t make you wanna kill yourself with boredom. Have them be mechanics that make it harder for you to live, not mobility or utility wise but dmg and health wise. the different tiers shouldn’t be separate, they should stack together but spawn rates change depending on what level.

• Have tier 1 be little minions spawning near you every other minute that are easy to kill but in packs of 3-4.
    - Could even have them increase in pack numbers the longer you are in the maw.
  • Have tier 2 be the angel dude picking you up and dropping you as the jailer will think it be the quickest and easiet way to dispose of intruders.
    - Don’t have it be so high that it takes 5 minutes to reach the drop height.
    - Have the angel be killable whilst you are being lifted to produce some
    engagement with the mechanic.
    - Allow immunities to be used before you are grabbed in order to stop
    the mechanic from happening.
  • Tier 3 be a massive damage and health increase to all mobs - like 250% as they are enranged by your presence.
    - The numbers can be tweaked and I understand it would be impossible to have all mobs be increased in health because one player is at this tier
    when others attacking it might not be on the same level.
    - The problem is that you don’t wanna feel like your power has been
    decreased (as is the current version - 10% dmg reduction & 10% health
    reduction), but that you are facing more powerful enemies that require you to grow stronger. You don’t wanna see smaller numbers, that’s not a fun mechanic.
    - You could fix this with scaling the HP but then people not on the same
    threat tier could kill mobs quicker than you which makes you feel weaker in comparison to other players. The overall effect of mobs having more HP will be there, but only to you. This will also incentivise people to group up as those not on a lower threat level will be super helpful.
    - Then just have mobs hit you harder cause you are on this tier.
  • Tier 4 should still be the elite assassins as is the current build but much stronger and either 1-2 spawning every other minute.
    - These should make every pull be a choise of life and death and be similar to the two elites before the final boss in Underrot dungeon from BFA.
    - They should not effect mobility (they currently use this chains ability which is annoying af) and have another mechanic that’s interesting requiring a need to kick, dodge, look away, purgeor immune.
    - Could even have them increase in pack numbers the longer you are in the maw but this might be too difficult and 1-2 is enough.
  • Tier 5 should literally be the jailer coming out after 3 minutes at this tier and SMACKING YO A** INTO THE GROUND - like literally says “you nuisance” then click and you fade away faster than thanos.
    - This is to make you know even more who the big bad is, who the strongest is, and make players gain the feeling of f you, I can’t wait to
    kill you.

Have all the numbers, spawn rates, values and mechanics tweaked to be more balanced but damn, have something more interesting in a tier then a 10% dmg reduction, 10% health reduction, Chains that slow your movement and another tier of chains that roots you (annoying af, you already don’t have a mount I don’t want to be slower). As an important resource is in the Maw, to make you not have to suffer this everytime you wanna grind, the weekly reset thing suggested by preach is a fantastic idea meaning once you’ve capped the resource amount for that week you do not have to stay in the maw. To conclude, this is one of those times that you should make a zone absolutely f*cking hard, it’s the hell of world of warcraft with the boss literally being the cause of the previous expansion and one that dwarfs pretty much all before him. Make it hard, Make it interesting, Make it enjoyable.

Man if only someone tried to warn people how bad the maw was.

1 Like

This aged well, SL is bad

2 Likes

Thanks for this warning. I would never argue with your opinion.

Then again, I never watch videos that are linked to in forums. So I don’t even know what you have experienced. How could I argue?

1 Like

Most of the stuff from there is outdated now and people have had a chance to play in the maw first hand.

And now everyone has realised I was telling the truth and the maw is superrrrr baddddddddddddddddd

Just give us our mounts back to some capacity and will be happier.

Even if its a pathetic 40% speed increase.

No you must experience the maw by foot because it’s hell, hell isn’t supposed to be fun!!!

Screw your stupid RP crap.

By that logic we should’ve been caught and disembowel many times before.

Do you really think the Maw is finished? Like Blizzard isn’t going to add anything else? It’s day 3 into the expansion.

Pipe down or quit the game.

1 Like

Why would they make the maw such a core area if it isn’t finished?

The game is released fully by the way, we aren’t in beta. We are going to spend a lot of time in the maw.

the maw sucks now, sucked in beta, a billion posts about it. They wont fix it. The xpac is a fail. They dont care.

1 Like

The players: we don’t like flying being taken away each expansion.
Blizzard: here’s this main zone that you can’t even mount in.
:+1:

Jokes aside, the main issue of the maw is the disparity between the baseline movement tools available to classes. Some people will feel the pain of the maw much more than others.

This just seems like an elaborate twitch plug. :man_shrugging:t2:

This thread is old and the maw has been changed significantly, it’s still boring though.

1 Like