The maw is bad guys, really really bad

I’m sorry, this is completely unrrelated but this is the first thing i thought when i read the title :rofl:

So much for all the people defending it with “well, you can get Stygia in Torghast too, you know, so shut up about the Maw.”

1 Like

Blizzard intentionally make the game and game systems grindy as a way to control and cater to player behaviour.
By week 8-12 after the launch Stygia drops will be buffed, many QOL improvements will be made and many “catch up” tuning adjustments will be made.

edit: The days where you can grind out ahead of the pack and coast on your lead are long gone.

I don’t get this zone at all. They make this 5 star system but then give you a way to hearth out? What’s the point of that? Why not just use a timer/clock If that’s all it is.

So it’s just a big grind zone for drops like you’re back in classic endlessly farming for Zheva hooves? Truly is wow hell.

1 Like

Yes but some Zhevras are elite! Exciting!

Heh yeah, that defense kinda dead in the water.

1 Like

I’ll call you Big Chicken now.

Chik fil A is awesome.

Eat more chicken.

Save the Tauren! Save Azeroth.

:hugs: :chicken: :point_left:

1 Like

You’re surprised ? The guy saying “but it drops in Torghast!” was in for a rude awakening.

No way they were going to make their “signature” zone be completely bypassable.

3 Likes

Good ol’ ActiBlizzard never fails to fail. Shadowlands is going to be FUBAR if they continue down this road.

2 Likes

It’s a shame they didn’t also make their “signature” zone good.

Playing a hell-themed zone should not actually feel like we’re in hell.

1 Like

According to a lot of the special folks on these forums it’s supposed to be a miserable zone to play in, because ya know, everyone wants to spend time grinding in a zone that literally makes you want to /wrists. Definitely good for subscriber numbers.

Anyone else remember when this game had 12+ million subscribers and Blizzard wasn’t trying to sabotage their own game? The good ol’ days.

7 Likes

To be fair, it should, but in a good way :

Yea but that is fun and we just can’t have any of that around here.

1 Like

I just really don’t understand how the same team that gave us Suramar gave us this. I died so much in Suramar. I overpulled, I got lost in the city streets, I loathed that zone for making me face my own inadequacies and I freaking loved every minute of it. Blizzard didn’t need to bribe me into Suramar with zone-specific loot.

Similarly, I’ve been leveling toons in Northrend and even Cataclysm while working on Loremaster, and finding stories I’m looking forward to playing through again. I can’t say that about anything in BfA or even Legion, though I enjoyed Legion at the time.

Exactly. It might be punishing content, but it shouldn’t feel like we’re actually BEING PUNISHED.

3 Likes

Because whiny players complained it was hard to stay in costume.

Whenever I play hellish landscapes, I like to feel like I’m the one doing the punishing. Darksiders 1 was a great game. So were Doom and Doom Eternal.

Hellish, done right (with the demons cowering in fear).

1 Like

That big huge button on your screen was quite taxing to press every once in a while.

It’s a grind with rng. An intense grind. hm.

• OP, ty for the videos. I have a much better idea of what you were talking about now.

Glad it could help! I couldn’t really find anywhere that concisely wrapped up what each threat did and the overall feel for it.

1 Like

I take it that you can enter the Maw with Warmode on?

You can, yes.