The Lord of the Gordaunni quest

I can’t find him !!! Several times I make it to the top killing Orcs on the way. At the top is the pink/blueish looking wall of flames. I can’t get through it. I tried using that rocket thing that lifts you up, but it says you have to be at the throne to use it. I’ve tried to get around it on both sides but there is no way up the mountains. What am I doing wrong??? What is the secret to get through the flames so I can make it to the his throne??? please help

The comments on Wowhead seem to indicate that you are supposed to use the Emergency Rocket Pack in order to get past the barrier. If it’s not activating in one place, try moving along the barrier in either direction. It’s possible that the quest is picky and there’s a limited space in which it can be activated.

It’s also possible that the quest is bugged for whatever reason. I would suggest the following:

• look up a youtube video tutorial of the quest being done. There may be something you have missed that you might pick up on seeing it visually.
  • Disable any addons you have turned on. There are times when they can interfere with quest items. /reload after doing this and see if the quest works.
  • completely log out and back into the game
  • Drop the quest and pick it back up from the quest giver.
  • If all else fails and you cannot get the quest to work, submit a bug report either in game, or in the bug report forums here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/support/bug-report/17
1 Like

I believe that the flames is activated once he is engaged in a fight. If for some reason he is present and the flames are activated, you could try to attack from range and he should pull you through the flames to him.

2 Likes

thank you Kazzumii !! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. I hope that you were able to complete you quest. If you have questions regarding the game, you are more than welcome to add me @ Mortredx#1171

2 Likes