The Littlest Defender

I think they changed this quest recently. All available walkthroughs online say that you can use any 3 battle pets, but I killed Baruk Stone Defender without my hatchling in the group and did not get the quest to complete. I think they hotfixed it so that your 3rd pet HAS to be the hatchling. It’s near impossible without 3 undead pets, even using level 1s. And the guides online specify that we need to use the unborn valkyr which is a freakin RARE pet that’s hard to find. Then you need to level it some, as all your other pets, so that you can use the abilities mentioned in the walkthrough. Bit much ain’t it?

You have to have the hatchling as one of the 3 pets in your lineup for the quest to be completed. I dont’ think the hatchling have to be called upon to fight, but it does have to be in the lineup. To my knowledge, this has never changed. You always had to have the hatchling in your lineup for the pet battle for the quest to be completed.

As for the pet battle, there are so many different composition you can use with level 1 pets to successfully win, just have to use what you have available or buy whatever your missing in the AH. If the only guide you are seeing requires you to use an unborn valkyr then I would suggest using a different source. I can read the comment on wowhead and see about 4 different pet lineup people use that are level 1.

It’s easy to find

1. make a target macro: /tar unborn valkyr
  2. check wowhead for its spawn locations
  3. Fly around those areas, spamming macro
  4. Pet Battle. Capture. Done.

No. not even close.