The last realm connection was over a year ago. When will we see more realm connections?

I’m still staunchly against realm connections :+1:
In favor of free transfers off realms though :+1:

Why not both?

Connected realms are Blizzard’s way of dealing with the naming issue; some people are really attached to their names (same with guilds). If you look at a mega server like yours (Area 52), there are seriously no good names left (outside of using alt character letters). People don’t want to lose something they may have had for more than a decade.

Earthenring player here, Orgrimmar is a ghost town - it’s spooky. Lvling alts on this server is seriously lonely. I must have had Northrend all to myself.

1 Like

I have a feeling AIE is the biggest reason Earthen Ring hasn’t been connected. Sucks for the other half of the server that isn’t in that guild.

Ravenholdt got connected, but is so dead it should be connected to emeral Dream as well, because that one needs more as well.

They need to connect low realms to a high realm. I play on two realms that have 6 connections and are still low. Just put them with a high please.

1 Like

Agreed. All of the former RPPVP realms need to be together.

1 Like

They really need to get back to realm connections, I see more people in the world and in chat channels from CRZ’ed realms than the two connected realms I play on. I get there were issues, which they eventually solved so now that they seemingly know what went wrong and seemingly know how to fix it if it happens again, why not start connecting again. If they need to take it at a slower pace then so be it.

1 Like

CRZ should equal connected realms. It has always bothered me that I can interact with some servers through chat channels and tagging mobs but I can’t join their guilds or trade with them.

On Whisperwind/Dentarg, I see players from Alleria, Exodar, Khadgar, and Medivh in my realm’s Oribos. I can’t do anything with those players except talk to them. It’s an illusion to make the game feel more alive.

It is, and it is a very poor way to make the world feel more alive, it doesn’t work because of the reasons you stated of not being able to do much outside chat and group with them.

Would like to add, in some instances it makes things worse, mainly with herb and ore nodes, saw this problem a lot in BfA with the herb in Nazjatar, nodes would be stripped by CRZ players but your realm could never benefit from it.

1 Like

I know they won’t do it, but I think merging realms is what really should happen. The naming excuse is just that, an excuse. They could make it so only the name being displayed is the one you chose.

They could hide a unique identifier like Bravic_001 being displayed as Bravic. It’s not like they don’t have multiple versions of NPC’s in game with the same name already without issues.

The real reason they don’t merge servers is it would remove the illusion that the game doesn’t have a declining player base that has no need for over half of the number of servers currently online.

2 Likes

That is an interesting take. I’m sure they could have us all on one server or a few. Whatever Blizzard decides to do with servers is irreversible, so I’m guessing they are being cautious.

Only problem I can see with this, if you want to send mail to a friend, but don’t know the hidden identifier, because it’s hidden, how do you ensure the right person gets the mail. Or if you want to send mail to an alt, you would also need to know that hidden identifier. If you play on a server that was 4, 5, or more merged and each alt has a different hidden identifier, eventually you may have to start keeping a notebook around with each alts name and identifier.

1 Like

If they consolidated every single server into one or a couple and got rid of the realms altogether, this would definitely be an issue. If someone was mailing something to me, they would have to make sure they didn’t mail it to one of the 159 other characters named Rollo in WoW.

I’m sure last names would fix/partly fix this, but is that even possible in WoW with the current game? I assume the realm names after our character names are already a workaround.

1 Like

HONESTLY, what Warcraft is missing right now is a community atmosphere and being divided amongus all these servers is not helping.

The reason why there was so many originally was hardware limitations BUT NOW we have these dynamically scaling SUPER SEVERS that spin up additional servers as needed to handle population fluctuation.

JUST LOOK AT LEAGUE OF LEGENDS. Riot Games combined ALL servers across all regions and time zones into a global server and the queue times have never been shorter.

The supply and demand of the raid scene will see the biggest quality of life improvement. Regardless of time of day, you will easily find the classes needed to keep raiding. Furthermore, the Mythic Raiding scene, which is completely dead on almost every single retail server will spring to life again once more.

Hopefully with Merger of ALL Retail Warcraft servers into one will help the faction imbalance problem as well.

For example, merge the all the PVP servers together into one.

Additionally, an automatic chat translation tool (in-game) could be added to bridge the language barrier.

But this would eat into Blizzard profits on transfers and will never happen.

1 Like

That’s a good point. My initial idea isn’t rock solid, but if they wanted to merge they could come up with a system that would work. They do like systems afterall.:wink:

1 Like
  • 36,057,451 seconds
  • 600,957 minutes
  • 10,015 hours
  • 417 days
  • 59 weeks

Since the last realm connection in WoW (the infamous Khadgar connection of 9/29/2020).

1 Like

The word “merge” really upsets some people on this forum. They prefer you use the word “connect” like Blizzard does. Obviously, people are talking about very similar things when they use either word. The word “connect” doesn’t cause the ATVI stock to fall as much as “merge” would.

I agree with most of your ideas. I don’t think we’ll lose the realms after our names, though - which I don’t mind, I like the names of the realms I chose.