The Kaldorei Conundrum

A high king betrays the whole purpose of an Alliance. Anduin acting as a superior the others is inferring vassal status to those he pretty much depends upon.

The burning of Teldrassil says allot about the power shift in the Alliance. Because without a Capital of their own, the Kaldorei have been duped into becoming vassals unwittingly to a nation that no longer has their well being at heart.

Thus why a Kaldorei quarter in Stormwind is so disappointing and disastrous; its a tribute to the betrayal/failing of the Kaldorei as a nation and society.

Where were the Stormwind warships when the Kaldorei army and navy were off to intercept Saurfangs deception? S.I.7 is a Stormwind organization; therefore the bad Intel is Anduin’s responsibility.

If anything, Anduin is as responsible for the burning of Teldrassil as Sylvanas is. Because his deliberations put his largest and wealthiest ally in a position where they could’ve easily defended themselves.

Not to mention, the burning was also a slight against Genn Graymane and Gilneas, as his makeshift Capital was located there. Therefore Anduin undermined not one, but two allies.

Hence the possible development of a third faction; the development is right in our eyes.

I’ve yet to see the Horde with a matriarchal culture. And the one they have lead by a Women, its a North Korea of Azeroth.

At the end of the day, the well being of blizzard depends on their ability to tell stories in tangible way. Given most of them are dudes, its no suprise they have a hard time knowing how and what constitutes a strong women.

4 Likes

I’m just happy that for the first time since vanilla in 15 years I have a plate set that looks like it was meant for me and not;

1. A Human
  2. An Orc
  3. A bug
  4. A tentacle monster

Nothing wrong with the above 4 but it’s about time I got something like this!! XD

3 Likes

Ehh, Not really, the plate has gold which should be silver. It looks allot like the armor Wyrmbayne is wearing Except there’s moons and feathers thrown in.

1 Like

Yet another issue I take with being shoved into Stormwind’s Pumpkin Patch…

We may never again see Night elves have any real power in ashenvale region again. I didn’t really care for Teldrassil in that it was against reason to have their population isolated from the mainland.

When they come to a conclusion of the darkshore events they will probably just blight the entire forest. That is actually what iam expecting will happen… they blight everything they don’t want touched again.

5 Likes

Given the number of Kaldorei cities and towns Teldrassil couldn’t have held more than 40-50% of the population. It was a calamity that shouldn’t have happened and probably was influenced by the massive fires in Northern California; but if the wowwiki page states some dinkle town like Dolanaar housed 5000 elves than Astranaar has a population of 20k at least. The Night Elves have some 23 cities and towns scattered across Azeroth and Outland, Blizzard math doesn’t add up; they probably mispoke than tried to run with it.

With the aid of the Wargen, the Kaldorei have enough people to take something strategic back and keep it; and should.

All.

There’s nothing to be gained by giving in-depth analysis of various historic events in what is just a poorly disgused gish-gallop.

No it isn’t. These things do revolve around different considerations. They are similar and have some relation (obviously as both involve humans and certain concepts) but are not the same. And as I pointed out earlier, even blurrier further in the past given technological restrictions.

Not really. Even in an average setting. Even aside from being non-realistic High Fantasy, it would be a reasonable move.

Even by their mortal standards, the time in question is relatively short.

And yet they rarely ever cite that issue in regards to Cenarius. Because it was less traumatic than you insist.

I’m not saying the Canon is a hypothetical… The hypothetical is a series of events where different things are written (where the Night Elves ally with the Horde). So the Canon future does not necessarily apply to said hypothetical.

Jordan Peterson is overrated and steps outside what he knows too often.

A deeper connection to nature via shamanism. Compared to Stromwind that has none.

And had a long druidic tradition.

What is said in a game has a great influence on many things. For example, if Tyrande says, ‘I forgive you for taking wood and killing Cenarius’.

1 Like

That’s all well and good, but that means we don’t have a story and more importantly, we don’t have a game.

1 Like

Isolatonism is a Kal’dorei trait… that’s probably why so many settled on the Tree.

You folks keep saying on how I should be paying attention to books and comics, yet you all ignore them when you want to argue a specific polemic… in this case piling all the blame on Anduin.

Anduin didn’t send the Night Elves down to Silithus, He merely confirmed TYRANDE’S desire to do so. He had veterans of the First and Second and Third Wars and the battle of Hyjal advising him and HE TOOK THEIR ADVICE.

If you’re looking for people to crucify with blame, why are you ignoring these facts?

I generally take pains to avoid personal insults when expressing disagreement. Is that too much to expect from the younger generations?

1 Like

Yes and no, more or less isolation should have put them in ashenvale mostly. I understand the tree aspect, but why was it in the middle of the ocean? Grown on a rock? lol

Oh come now Drahliana you contrarian you, I know there are things in the story that make you upset and you don’t like.

1 Like

Er, sorry. That makes zero sense to me. Just because the Horde and the Night Elves would have peaceful relations at the start of Vanilla doesn’t mean there can’t be a game or even stories. WoW isn’t all about the Horde and Night Elves.

Remember how the Twilight Cultists framed the Horde and Garrosh for the massacre in Ashenvale right before Cata came out? There was interesting story potential right there if the road I outlined came to pass.

You a most certainly correct. Anduin is not to blame for everything, though he did force Shaw into complying with his Flood Orgrimmar with Spies directive which the head of SI:7 argued against.

1 Like

There are things that my character doesn’t like and there are developments that I’m not happy with, but that’s better than not caring anything about the story at all. The fact that bad things happen and aren’t given a magic reset is what makes the story a living evolving thing.

the way you phrase it makes it sound like he put him on a rack until he agreed. Anduin was simply telling Shaw to keep doing what he had been doing all ready and to crank it up to 11. And was there a hint of protest?.. from anyone?

1 Like

Perhaps I could have phrased it a little better, but Shaw did as his king commanded despite disagreeing with the decision.

I’ve checked Elegy and I don’t see any disagreement. On the contrary I do sense amusement and a refreshing sense of novelty at the approach.

Really? I’ll have to go through it again. I could have sworn Shaw didn’t like the idea. Wouldn’t be the first time I remembered something wrongly :grimacing:

OK so you are like the rest of us.

So what do you mean? Are you saying there is no way for the story to evoke emotion than what they have written?

I think the point is not for bad things to never happen, it’s the kind of bad things and how they happen which people have a problem with.

2 Likes

And that’s my main disagreement here. My history with this franchis goes back to the RTS game, and every race in the game has endured it’s own heaping mass of tragedy and sorrow. The Humans had Seven Kingdoms, they lost nearly ALL of them. The Dwarves fell to a civil war that put three clans against each other… The Gnomes were betrayed by one of their own. The Night Elves don’t have a lock on grief and while they may have been defeated in the War of Thorns they put on a better fight than the High Elves did, despite being caught off guard. The conquest of Darkshore and Astrannar wasn’t aided by a traitor whose motive was nothing more than greed for power… or a son committing regicide on his father. And in their fall, the Night Elves had some of their proudest moments.

All in all it’s a good story because of that.

1 Like

I disagree simply for the typical reasons. I think the Night Elves had already lost a lot throughout their time in both the RTS game and WoW, so Teldrassil was kind of overboard. It was a really emotional moment, I can’t deny, but it will never have any closure simply because of the way WoW is written. It also was a double down on all the things which make the Horde bad, and I don’t want the Horde to be bad. In short, the War of Thorns cemented into this game and doubled down on all of the worst aspects of WoW story telling.

7 Likes