The JOKE that is Chromie Time

Says the troll. Git gud

That won’t work. The modern game is much faster and more complex in its rotations/spells, it’s more of a twitch game and less rolling dice-- and that’s too deeply ingrained to revert.

What they need to do is make mobs more intelligent, and yes they do need more health and do more damage also. The reason why people say “Making them damage sponges just takes longer so what’s the point.” is because they are mindless zombies so that’s how combat feels. If they actually presented and interesting engagement that would justify slightly longer and more challenging fights (and when I say challenging I don’t mean hard).

1 Like

And if xp is locked you can leave Chromie Time to have a friend take you through the raid. Though sorry, you’re not missing out on far more of the story than being kicked out of CT at 50. However, you’re mild bump in the road is covered.

Can you link Wowhead please and ty.

At least you learned faster than I did lol!!

1 Like

It’s not really much of an article. It just highlights the issue people have with it.

Here’s the main thread on it:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-dont-force-us-out-of-chromie-time-timewalking-journey/617686

1 Like

Halfway is still better than the way it used to be. I always capped out by the time I was halfway through the second zone of a given expansion.

This sounds really hard.

I dunno if it could be done with the resources available.

Doesnt work. Party sync has been nerfed to 90-95% XP loss. So maybe your toons scaled, but you must not have tried questing to see the nerf. You only get normal XP in party sync if chromie time is turned on, on the higher level toon.

For example, you party sync with a level 49 without chromie time, everything syncs just fine, the mobs are your level, the scaling works, but every quest you try to do gives you a lousy 100-300 xp.

So while all zones will be your level and all the mobs scale to you, any rewards like xp DO NOT work in regular party sync.

So you are ported from one alternate reality to another. Best not to think about their logic. We will say it until patch 10. Revamped leveling is wasted resources and will be a mess in shadowlands.

Yea this seems silly to me too. The XP should get cut off maybe once you hit 50 and continue in the xpac you are in, but under no circumstances should the game port you without you telling it to, ie: scenario, event start, portal, etc.

Seems like it’s an easy fix…put up a portal for the player and give them a pop up letting them know the next step is going to Org or SW, but if not, they can continue to finish the xpac story.

3 Likes

It sounds like it would be good for Blizzard to just cap the leveling and switch to gold as if it was the end of that expansion. Also, give you one of those auto-accept quests like we get after new patch content for when you decide to move on to SL.

BTW: you can go to the keep in SW and shell out a small amount of gold to stop your leveling. It is the way of the Twink PvP.

1 Like

You can experience the content after the leveling. Besides its very old content anyways, this crying about “I wanna experience it!” is getting old. You’ve had so many years to go and experience it even if you were over the level. The system is there to level you quickly and honestly consider yourself lucky you to get ported to your main capital because that is a huge luxury. Now granted yes if people for whatever reason after 50 want to keep doing it then there should be a accept or decline option to go back. Declining should then turn off xp and quest rewards, then you’ll have to speak to an NPC at your capital to keep continuing to SL.

They just need to not make it automatic. The game shouldn’t just port you around all by itself.

3 Likes

As far as I can tell, the only real problem with allowing people to stay in Chromie Time without XP gains is people twinking at level 50, and there must be a better solution for this than the current one.

What about not allowing people to be in War Mode if they are at Level 50 and in Chromie Time? That prevents the griefing mentioned above, and would still allow people who want to stay in CT for story reasons to do so. There could be a similar limitation for battlegrounds, put them in the XP off queue or whatever.

1 Like

Here’s my simple solution to that problem: When you hit level 50, you will be automatically given a chrome hearthstone to SW/Org whenever your ready, as well Chromie saying “If your ready to go back to present time, here’s this hearthstone.” And if you choose to stay in that expansion, you earn 1% of the normal experience but earn 50% more gold to compensate for that.

It’s really no excuse to say “it’s old content”. If the person wants to experience that old content, they should be allowed to without hindrance or problem.

Normally, yes. But when you were in the middle of experiencing a story, and the game suddenly rips you out in the middle of it for another story all because you reached a number, that’s immersion breaking. That’s not a great thing in this instance. A player should have a choice in this regard if they want to stop the expansion and leave or continue it to the end.

4 Likes

Will Chromie Time re-set our quest lines that I had previously completed, or will it pick up where I left off when jumping between x-packs ?

The game has always been the above.

You can always… get this… go back to whatever you were doing after Chromie time is disabled.

WOAH MIND FREAKIN’ BLOWN, RIGHT?!!?

The scaling gets disabled immediately because you aren’t going to be able to level to 60 in old world zones, sorry. You’d have to be addicted licking windows and drinking Windex to think you were going to be able to level to 60 by questing in the Badlands or whatever.

Chromie time and level/xp scaling stops when you hit 50, it’s by design.

OH HEAVENS NO, PLEASE SAY THIS ISNT TRUE! Two minutes of travel time to get back to where ever you were, THE ABSOLUTE HORROR!

Those monsters at Blizzard, how could they inflict such PAIN, TORMENT, AND TORTURE upon your mind, with this teleport. This single act, which will have repercussion following you for the rest of your life, forcing you to live a haunted existence, of that time you were ported against your will and it took two minutes to get back to what you were doing… this will leave you a PERMANENTLY shattered husk of your former self.

So glad you came here to cry about how MASSIVELY DEVASTATED this one time teleport is going to leave your fragile psyche.

I am so sorry for your impending mental destruction. I hope you seriously consider unsubscribing RIGHT NOW to prevent this catastrophe of inconceivable proportions from taking place. The rest of your life depends on this.

My thoughts go out to you in this exceptionally trying time for you, while you decide if such a gargantuan risk is worth taking, or if you’ll just do the smart thing and unsubscribe.

This will be the port that echoes throughout the cosmos.

2 Likes

Can you give me an actual response that isn’t just heavy sarcasm and mocking? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Like i don’t know, why do you think being teleported off into a city (something that you don’t even have a say in the matter once you reached level 50) while your in the middle of something, whether it be a story or something else even, is a good thing to you or you think it doesn’t even deserved to be questioned?

You’re trying to paint this as it’s a bad thing to complain about how we don’t have a choice in the matter to continue uninterrupted. I have given my solution on how to fix this issue quite elegantly. :point_down:

1 Like