The Inevitable Solo Thread

Wall of Text, you can skip down to the Meat and Potatoes for the sake of convenience:

Here’s my question gents. Since I have max level chars in every class, I keep switching “Mains.”

I have narrowed down my most desirable criteria for a class down to this.

Which class is best for 1v1 duels. Foolish I know, but thats where I’m at in this weird game that doesn’t account for duels.

I’ve narrowed it down to:
Warrior
Paladin
Death Knight
And Monk.

And i know that Monk is probably in the best spot of these. But I absolutely cannot stand the whole run/kite/heal meta. I think that excessive mobility and SOME of the self healing was a huge mistake for Wows combat design.

I want to DUEL. Step into a ring and FIGHT without one guy getting low after 2 minutes and then spending the next 5 running around a pillar casting “Vivify.”

As much as I love the Monk class fantasy, Blizzard has done a garbage job of implementing an enjoyable experience in my opinion.

“Hey Bruh! You want some of this? You think you can take my Hokuto Shin ken?! Well how about you chase me around this pillar for an hour?!” Its not fighting its trolling, I can kinda cross off monk.

Fury warrior? No thanks. It can be exciting, but I often get this feeling that I’m not actually DOing anything. And that most of my fights revolve around when I push that regen button. Arms is absolutely great, but 1v1? You melt and it is sooooo disappointing.

THE MEAT AND POTATOES:

Dk and Pally have some similar problems. I’m okay with being the slow melee, But:

Pally is the most fun I’ve had. Is my burst predictable? Yes, do I have a distinct shortage of gap closers? Yes. I’m fine with this BUT is Ret really a spec that you can

1. Play in the Long term without getting stale?
  2. Does it have a higher skill ceiling despite what everyone says? Or is it ultimately the “safe” button mashing class people claim?

DK is great, both specs. Unholy has alot of niche play that i enjoy and Frost appears like its no longer going to be a one trick pony going into SL. And FROST IS GETTING 2 HANDERS BACK. Is it worth switching to?

Taking the above into consideration, whats your feedback? Do you have special considerations to add to the Warrior/Monk side of things?

I apologize in advance for the Turf war about to ensue.

HPally

DK… always strong against casters and now all specs getting AMZ . Pretty unbelievable.

Enhancement Shaman. /drops mic

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I didn’t believe it possible but it looks like SL Enh gonna be even worse than BFA Enh for PvP.

2 Likes

I used to alt enhancement shammy in pvp back when you could use 2h weapons. But I do enjoy my shammy as elemental also.

What they did to enhancement is a crime in my book.

always this one.

I think you maybe bias. Because we all know it’s enhancement Shaman.

1 Like

Enhance wish they would be me

1 Like

For Shadowlands, Shadow Priest is looking to be really, really powerful.

I have a few things up my sleeve for Shadowlands for Shadow Priest and I’ll probably end up making a compilation of Shadow Priest WPvP for prepatch.

Shadow in Shadowlands is op.

Oh yeah it’s really strong, but not sure how strong it is at level 60.

Nothing is really balanced at level 50, things could change with covenant abilities, soulbinds, and legendaries.

I am leveling a shadow priest at the moment. He is at 108 at this very moment.

With this new expansion I will most likely main my paladin and alt my priest.

Based on what you listed - unholy dk.

Really good survivability, defensives, high skill cap, fun.

Thank you all for your input.

I have decided that, after several days of consideration, OG Death touch is worth a return to monk, despite all the pillar running (which honestly ever class has to do every once in a while.)

2h frost seems great, and Unholy can be really satisfying with the whole army of the dead thing. But I wanna touch someone’s forehead and make their head explode.

You guys helped alot.
Especially you, orc in a g-string, you’ve made me realize that sometimes, you just have to be yourself. You’ve taught me compassion, empathy.

You taught me that ooking a man in the dooker is more important than exploding his bungus with a runeblade.

1 Like