The ilvl buff is ridiculous

So with a bare minimum of 1000 arena rating mind you, plus some luck in 10/25 man Uld, was able to stack a GS of 4800. People were asking me if I killed Algalon yet lolol (spoilers: sweet salty christ no.)

In BGS and even Arena matches, anything with a red bar just explodes. Turns into blood vapor. Poof. Ded ded.

And we are only what, a few weeks into this phase? It’s gonna be interesting seeing the full effects of the new ilvl cap. People are going to get away with some silly shenanigans.

1 Like

yeah, making gold buying and gdkps even more popular.

but at the same time Season 6 is the season where your want as much res as possible, high res benefits s6.

it’s s7/s8 where the pve gear gets nutty and makes a difference in pvp. I’m at 2100 so far with just Deadly and Furious gear

1 Like

There are still people that will tell you gear doesn’t matter in PvP and it should still be fully locked behind rating requirements. :melting_face:

6 Likes

Lolol yeah and that’s just the PVP side of things.

When I build up enough tank gear I’m gonna solo kaelthas in TK for the mount.

By “red bar” are you talking about a rage bar i.e. Warriors?

Those too, yeah. Anybody that’s a baddie and targetable on my screen in a bg, even Resto druids. And those never seem to die.

Oh gotcha. That kind of scares me… as a Disc Priest currently leveling up with hopes of PvPing.

Dont worry. U will be unkillable. Just keep the shield up.

I worry about shamans purging it lol

Purging isn’t as common on bgs I’ve noticed. I pop wings a lot and it’s rare when I get purged/dispelled.

Arena? That’s different

Still people who think RDF is what destroyed the game 🫠

2 Likes

Its a bit lame when I look at a pvp BiS list and its basically just 4 piece furious gear and everything else is hard mode gear with resil gems thrown in it.

I think my pally who is in like 4pc deadly with mostly furious (and a couple deadly) offsets is over 15% crit lower than s6 BiS and still is equal or lower resil.

3 Likes

I swear, I can’t make one thread without someone bringing up RDF.

Do you see me talking about Ret paladins in here?

Let’s agree to leave both out of this thread okay?

In any event, I wonder what will happen to TOC ilvl gear?

3 Likes

someone say Ret Paladins?

I hate it here :sob:

It not be so bad…but then they complain in bg.

why is your weapon still…brutal 70?

Okay, Lets add this up.

No arena to get that weapon. I have not tried x-realm to see if easier to get in tbh.

with how WG and VOA works I could bet on login I have no access to VoA. and win that bet most of the time.

I don’t spam gold making hard to buy boe/crafted. also…this rogue is a leatherworker. I make leather outfits, not weapons. No plans to redo a whole new crafting. Leatherworking was “fun” enough.

and in ,say, 2 hours of play I see if bg anywhere or lfg gets hits. bg queues are more successful way more often, ofc.

I could hang around dalaran for 2 hours and hope on lfg hits. Or I could run random pvp event till I get a win for the daily reward. I opt for the latter. then more bg’s for more honor. mains or alts.

Ehh, join a guild or an easy Naxx run. Its gonna get really easy to get carried in Naxx or the older raids. If you don’t get weapons, you’ll get valor badges for Hateful gear.

Yea i mean in arenas. With the way dmg is right now i wonder if a Disc priest can survive as well as, say, a Holy Paladin or Resto Shaman.

Without the ilvl buff most of Ulduar wouldn’t even be worth doing. Even now, I bought one piece of token gear w/ conquest and the rest of the gear in there is such a small upgrade like <10 dps its not even worth, better off buying and selling runed orbs. If they hadn’t buffed ulduar I wouldve legit cleared it once and never logged in again until TOC.

This is the kind of take that makes absolutely no sense.

You do the content because it’s fun. The gear is a secondary reward.

Buffing Ulduar ilvl was completely unnecessary and forgot the primary issue of why people skipped Ulduar gearing originally… ToC came out too quickly after Ulduar. Not because the gear wasn’t “worth”.

2 Likes