The horde need new characters

Honestly I’m still miffed the Forsaken didn’t get leper gnomes as their allied race. There’s several working in the Apothecarium and in Tirisfal.

I really like the Forsaken being more of a collection of lost and undeadish than specifically the PC race. With Arthas gone I was a trifle miffed all the more interesting sapient undead went to KOTEB instead of the Forsaken.

Would’ve been cool to have a Crypt Lord and/or a Lich kicking around. Maybe an intelligent frost wyrm. And some of those upgraded abominations you see in Naxx’s construct quarter. It’d be neat. I’d even tolerate maybe one San’Layn.

15 Likes

I think there’s a lot of neat Horde characters who just need more exposure. (I mean, they needed this exposure two expansions ago to avoid the Horde character gap we have now, but better late than never?)

Forsaken:

• Helcular to train and lead a new sect of necromancers because who needs val’kyr
    (With Calder Gray as chief abomination-building assistant)
  • Lydon or Faranell for new RAS head apothecary (and make both of them active, they’re cool)
  • Belmont for being the sneaky Deathstalker who can show off all the Forsaken’s morally-dubious traits up to 11
  • Velonara for new leader of the Dark Rangers
  • Voss for intra-Horde ambassador
  • Calia for envoy to neutral factions and/or Alliance (and show off how she’s slowly coming to understand Forsaken and integrating - don’t pretend it’s instant)
  • Kasha for mascot and giving flying tours of the new Forsaken city to new players

Orcs:

• Thrall for making shamanism a bigger part of orc society as a whole (Also needs more shaman characters, but I can’t think of any off the top of my head other than Rehgar, who has his own complications.)
  • Cromush is still alive, isn’t he? Show off how some orc characters who are friendly to the Forsaken
  • Thura to continue the Saurfang cleave memes- oh, fine, she can just be the resident orc honor expert (and not in the stupidly over-the-top way, please? Maybe have a few in-game debates with other characters about what honor means?)
  • Gorgonna for someone who fights for the Horde but isn’t all rage-y about it
  • Usha Eyegouge to represent the gung-ho fighter orc. Can’t get rid of that even when expanding the other themes as well.

Tauren

• Just let Baine crush things For the Horde more often, please?
  • Jevan Grimtotem for non-Magatha Grimtotem representation
  • Hamuul should get to do more stuff than he currently does
  • Aponi Brightmane because Sunwalker representation shouldn’t be synonymous with baby armor

Goblins:

• Sassy Hardwrench for executive assistant to the Trade Prince. Gazlowe’s cool and all, but show some intra-Bilgewater rep, too.
  • Gob Squad. gimme hands

Blood Elves

• Rommath for extra sass
  • Astalor Bloodsworn for even more sass
  • Tae’thelan Bloodwatcher for some non-Explorer’s League archaeology
  • Halduron Brightwing for the rare occasions that don’t call for sass (and for someone who seems to have better relationships with Alliance characters, if positive diplomacy is needed in the story)

Pandaren:

• Ji needs his own short comic or video that’s a montage of him punching various dinosaurs in the face

Nightborne are doing pretty well, character-wise, though I have Valtrois withdrawals. (Her and Stellagosa need to show up for any future dragon content!)

Do the Mag’har still have old Kaz the Shrieker? If so, let her burn more things and collect skulls. And let Geya’rah be more than compressed non-Thrall orciness.

These are just the characters off the top of my head - I’m sure there’s a lot of others I missed, but in general, these smaller characters would do great if they could get more time to shine.

21 Likes

Can’t fault a man for wanting to kiss a princess. Queen now technically but still. I actually really liked Zenkan throughout the novel. It’s nice getting the perspective of someone who isn’t a king or at super hero power levels.

He’s just a basically competent young shaman who’s bumbled into this mess largely by accident. He’s the only genuinely relatable PoV character.

4 Likes

That’s good for you, for sure.
He had too many “anti-Talanji” and “pro Saurfang” vibes for me in the book.
If they can stop with him for example to tell Talanji: “The murderers of you father are nice too.” That would be a start for me.

6 Likes

Not sure what you want dude. Thrall and Baine are friends with Proudmoore. This complicates things. And she never forgives Jania. Just acknowledges there’s bigger fish to fry and that’ll have to be put on the back burner. For now.

You know, like a leader, thinking about the well being of her nation over a justified but still largely personal thirst for vengance.

1 Like

Time will heal Telanji’s anger over Rastakhan’s death, just like Jaina’s anger over Theramore healed over time. As much as I think her anger’s warranted, hopefully when the opportunity rises she comes to realize that trying to pursue vengeance would only cost more of her people their lives. Not something a good leader would do, IMO. Plus it would be bad form if she got to pursue her revenge and people on the Alliance didn’t get a similar chance.

Actually the original quest called him Vol’jin son, the Cataclysm version changed it to reveal at the end it was actually the quest giver’s son… then at some unknown point the quest got reverted back to referring to him as Vol’jin’s son.

1 Like

I’d love to see a comic series about Thura, Zekkahn, LIadarin and maybe some nightbourne mage I forget the name of from the Suramar campaign that reported to Thylryssa.

Have them go on some epic cosmic exploration of another world infected by a old god and they manage to defeat it and gain some power while doing it, or even go back in time to the time of the black empire and help defeat it. Have it lead upto a new Xpac.

When are we getting Nazgrel?

1 Like

Nazgrel is about as old as Thrall or even Saurfang. Doesn’t really seem like he’d be around for long even if he was brought back.

So magic him to be immortal like turalyon.
What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

edit: ALSO I will acept no “He’s too old” arguments. If Eitrigg cannot die when he was ancient in the Year of Our Lord Two-Thousand and Four, Nazgrel is 500% fine.

6 Likes

See I would love to see Broxigar back in that regard as some immortal orc warrior that survived Sargareas and fought across the nether or was brought back to life to fight in Shadowlands.

Just thinking about it man alot that Orc Horde roster are or were old men. Even though Thrall was young when he lead to Horde to Kalimdor he seems like an old man now.

That’d be neat. The Horde needs powerful characters and is short on orcs as it is.

Yeah I’m eternally confused by Eitrigg’s longevity. He isn’t even a cool character, so ???

1 Like

he’ll be leading the Orcs from a wheelchair next time we see him. But hey there is also Nazgrim, who while one of the Horsemen could still come back to the Horde.

I feel like as a Horseman, he should just stay with the Ebonblade. Which sucks because he was one of the best orcs, but Horsemen are diminished if they have multiple loyalties and act out of concert with eachother IMO.

True, I really do hope we see more of them in Shadowlands. Like Thoras actually coming across his sons soul in revendreth. Whitemane coming across the souls of scarlet crusade in the Kyrian story. Nazgrel coming across Garrosh in Maldraxxus(or voljin in nightfae). lots of interesting stories and connections there.

1 Like

I’d like to see them acting in unison against Sylvanas’s strongest enforcers, tearing them up.

Nazgrel was a kid 33 years ago, so he’s probably in his fourties. That’s pretty decent for Warcraft.

He’s 32.

3 Likes

I really want Nazgrel to get back into the story. They made a new model for him in Legion that was data-mined, but once they shelved their original warrior champion plan he only appeared for the PvP artifact appearance quest.

I think that they should of had Nazgrel in High Warlord Cromush’s role or serving as an Arathi War Front commander over Eitrigg. Considering his Outland Alliance counterpart Danath is an Alliance Commander, it feels like a missed opportunity.

You know since Dark Ranger Velonara is just randomly at the Orgrimmar Embassy after the Horde Council is formed, they could easily done the same for Nazgrel. After all with Nathanos gone, the Honorbound is leaderless…so they could Nazgrel the leader or have him in charge of a revamped Kor’kron Guard.

As for other characters I agree that Thura should have been involved and I think it would be neat to see other characters like Jevan Grimtotem, Gorgonna, Helcular, and more of the Revantusk.

We got the Darkspear, Revantusk, and the Zandalari in the Horde and there was not a single moment of us just seeing the Horde trolls working all together.

Yes. She’s apart of the Assault on Zuldazar WQ against the Alliance.

4 Likes

Both. Cromush has a stupid name. Eitrigg is not a warrior, he’s a voice of reason.