The Horde, as it stands today, lacks a hero to cheer for

We’ve already been through this story, though. It’s just a rerun.

If they wanted to do the same idea, they should have done it differently by having Genn Greymane stage a coup and take over the Alliance. And have the Alliance with the Crazy Leader for a change.

3 Likes

I’ll take a leader willing to do whatever necessary to win, rather than a hero. If this is what drives Alliance storylines, no wonder they’re always terrible.

By the way, who’s the hero Alliance are cheering for?

2 Likes

All she ever does is “The Barrier… will… not… hold…”

the problem we all know that is coming is that all of the allied races will be just like the pandas.

forgotten about until the end of time.

hell it took blizz almost 10 years to write some actual story for the draenei. the allied races all can have real potential to really spread out the storylines and add a lot of depth to the overall narative, but we all know blizz wont do it, and after this xpack they will essentially not exist within the story ever again.

i agree with you and thalyssra. that would also be a prime example of trying to strengthen the hordes narrative and fleshing out more of sylvanas’s intentions. strictly speaking the nightborne are nearly an infant race at this stage, outside of the ones who stayed in the city there would be very few in number actually joining the horde for there antics. and they would be pretty against the genocide of entire races and the destruction of the planet that sylvanas is trying to pull. im also surprised the high mountain havnt just gone: " whelp screw this noise, back to our mountain, i didnt sign up for genocidal maniacs whos sole goal is to kill everyone and everything ". why any of the allied races are siding with the horde is a mystery at this point.

2 Likes

im 1 of the smrattest n strongest ppl hear so u bettar watch it
im a undead menstrasity now n i will eat u i think dks eat ppl

not jsut the HM tauren…I am not sure why the hell the regular tauren are still around.

Yes as I recall they had border disputes and issues with their Night elf neighbors. But nothing reaching to the point they’d go yep…lets kill some women and kids too.

In WC3 they came as more honorable than this. As WC3 is when we seemed to have spent more quality time with them. At least for me, I will admit to 80 and done northrend, 90 and done panda land and 100 done WOD. If they expanded tauren I may have missed it.

All I have is WC3 memories and while the NE weren’t exactly on the X-mas card list…they weren’t exactly looking to start handing out awards for how many mom’s and their kids they kill in a day either.

Now if they caught a NE patrol sneaking about and being a pita doing sabotage stuff yeah they might ice them. That falls under “its war”. Soldier each side meets…one of them may die.

As Patton put you ideally don’t want to do for your county, you want to make that poor bast… die for his. How that goes.

1 Like

We have Sylvanas.

Sylvanas vindication post:

Without the Stormwind Alliance not accepting the founders of the Alliance of Lordaeron, even though they had free will and broke free of the Lich King, Sylvanas would not be needed

The Invasion of Gilneas happened because Garrosh Hellscream ordered her to do it

“Abandon” Varian Wrynn or let the Horde’s entire government infrastructure die, leading to the Legion having an easier time conquering Azeroth. That day, she didn’t save just the Horde, she saved the world.

The War of the Thorns was necessary, as Genn Greymane proved during that even during a legion invasion, the Alliance would rekindle hostility with the Horde even during the most world-threatening moments, and it would be more prudent to declare war on the Alliance before they are azerite-fuelled and declare war on us in their quest for pretending to be peaceful

The burning of Teldrassil was necessary, because Teldrassil is just sitting there next to a recently conquered Darkshore, a military target ready to be a port to retake it (All civilians were evacuated and Malfurion was spared, Sylvanas did not commit genocide as popularly stated)

The raising of Horde troops during the Battle for Lordaeron proved necessary, as it is the only thing that turned the tide to near victory before Jaina came in with her flying boat, these were also soldiers that died willingly fighting for the Horde, certainly being raised temporarily is not an injustice, they were brought to peace, and if we won they surely would have been put down humanely and honorably

Saurfang chose self-exile instead of a Mak’gora, making his treason completely dishonorable, objectively more so than any of Sylvanas’ actions, and instead is going to likely attempt an illegal rebellion, whereas Vol’jin and the entire Darkspear were forced out of the Horde, making a rebellion necessary

4 Likes

How to be a hero of the horde to Kaurmine: Be Horde, do whatever is necessary to who or whatever for the betterment of the Horde :man_shrugging: there are no Geneva Conventions in Azeroth.

In what universe.

It was waged for tenuous reasons and it gained nothing but enmity and added yet another thing on the checklist of reasons the Alliance has to destroy the Horde.

Sylvanas is an idiot and her reasoning that “War was inevitable” and then chosing to be the active catalyst is almost beyond parody.

The Real motivation for this war are external, company-driven ones. No amount of world building can justify Putting a whole city to the Torch out of spite.

9 Likes

fair enough.

Now please explain the slave army. And explain how great she is that after genn destroys the lamp no val’kyr say you know what gf…you didn’t need the lamp. We will work for you of own free will. See the val’kyr are like Odyn. If they respect you enough they will be your friends.

See to some this is a growing horde story issue. Its mine anyway. I have 2 horde who would love to have the option of burning the dead.

Nathanos comes over and goes wtf? Why?

So you can’t rez them genius is what I’d reply back to Nathanos. These 7th marines fought hard, fought well. They rate a true warriors rest. So they get it.

Now get the hell out my face before I drop you and burn your corpse too. As I don’t think your few val’kyr left can rez ash piles. Want to find out Nathanos? Didn’t think so…

3 Likes

I don’t understand, you may have to clarify as I’ve never encountered a single person being a slave to Sylvanas

Every corpse risen by the forsaken has a spiritual choice whether to remain dead or come back for a second chance. This isn’t just made up, it’s fact.

2 Likes

Baine, Saurfang, Zappy Boy.

There.

1 Like

Subscriptions started dropping the same time (cataclysm) they made the horde leadership into a soap opera drama. Conicendence? Or something more. Alliance siege 2 horde cities in a row and we do nothing, how poor is that for story.

But those are dishonorable traitors, who did not trust their Warchief, even though the Horde has had a worse one during Cataclysm and MoP

2 Likes

Sylvanas i think is such a mess of a character. As the leader of the forsaken she was interesting, someone fighting with the horde but separate from the other factions of the horde itself.
As the warcheif i look and think there was no way this was going to end well. From the story now, i wonder how most of the horde races can follow her. The other race leaders seem to have been pushed off into the hut out the back so as not to get in the way of the “Cool” War story they have set up.

Its a disaster of a story, that could have been interesting if it was just paced right. That makes the horde come off as kind of stupid. at the sacrifice of a interesting character.
Sometimes it would have been better to just let a character be who they are i feel.

1 Like

They are not traitors because they are following the traditional values of the Horde.

4 Likes

This is wrong, none of them did a mak’gora, and instead are leaving the Horde. The Horde. They aren’t the entire Horde, and for them to assume they are is massive hubris

1 Like

They never said they were the entire Horde.

The thing I always assumed is that Saurfang would not Mak’gora Sylvanas because she has no honor. She would cheat.

4 Likes

She would risk upsetting the entire Horde’s allegiance by doing so, she’s not stupid.

Then they’re traitors, and ones not following Horde traditions.

3 Likes