The Horde, as it stands today, lacks a hero to cheer for

Right now the Horde doesn’t have anyone they can cheer for. They have no Hero. Zero. Nada.

Sylvanas isn’t a hero to be cheered for. She’s either a villian or very, very heavy anti-hero depending on how you look at her. Baine isn’t a hero. He’s too busy crying and not doing anything. Every other faction leader is just a supporting character at this point so I’m not even going to write their names.

The Horde need someone to that they can look up to. Someone that ALL the Horde can look up to. Not just one specific race who likes a character because they’re the faction leader.

18 Likes

Agreed. Probably 50% of the Horde hates Sylvanas and the other 50% hates Saurfang. It 100% sucks.

35 Likes

I think we can all agree that we hate the writers 100%.

38 Likes

a true hero of the horde is gallywix

7 Likes

I cheer for freedom, the end of warchiefs and heros like we’ve seen in the end of time. We don’t need those to be free, we just have to free ourselves. Like the Ebon blade did.

1 Like

Sylvannas killed more night elves than any Horde Champion.

She has my undying loyalty for that alone.

Now if only she could do the same with the Gnomes…

22 Likes

At this point, i think they’re trying to show us (the players) that WoW isn’t so black and white.

Personally I think they’re doing a bad job.

9 Likes

We need Thrall back. He was the one guy everyone looked up too. He needs to grow his hair back, get his armor and hammer back, and his connection with the elements and Thrall will be good to go to be Warchief again.

11 Likes
3 Likes

A hero? The Horde lacks everything: honor, loyalty, normal architecture, deodorants, a cleaning policy, schizophrenia pills, lime blossom tea for orcs, and, in general, COMMON SENSE. The lack of a hero is the least of their problems.

16 Likes

Dude let hellscream down and called it quits like what’s there to look up to. We need something better like sylvanas’ boy toy but different

2 Likes

:cry: bully

1 Like

It seems you forgot to post on your male human paladin

5 Likes

Nah, human/blood elf paladins do not own exclusive rights to faction pride. :blush:

I mean, we have zappy boi. But i guess he sorta falls into the crowd of saurfang.
Though we do need someone.
I sided with Sylvanas this xpac as im biased to her backstory. Though i wouldnt be surprised if she were to be dethroned by someone aiming to join both the horde and alliance together,

ppl r conveniantly fogretting about me i destoryed teh burninglegion of fel fire hill in ashevale conqering teh legion b4 ne1 else

i am in teh horde

3 Likes

Those damn bent backs
Straighten the back the brains come back.

2 Likes

Return Broxigar or MU Ga’nar to the horde and they will have honor again. im still surprised blizz only had the one tiny quest with the echo of broxigar in it and otherwise didnt mention him at all in legion.

its true though. there is very few heroes to actually root for in the horde. i play both factions and its hard to get behind anyone on horde side. all of there leaders range from crazy to pathetic. blizz finally broke the mold of humans Vs orcs in there story narrative, but this isnt much better. sylvanas’s story now is so damn bad, its even worse than " high king varian " that they tried to do in MOP.

im still rooting for saurfang at this stage. its basically the same story as kayn and altruis. do you blindly serve a madman or speak up and try to do the right thing regardless.

a big problem blizz has had with the hordes narrative since MOP is that when there planetary level threats the horde are nowhere to be seen trying to save the outcome of ALL of the races on the planet/universe. but when that threat is dealt with, blizz make the horde stomp through trying to take an opportune time to exact there vengeance on getting there butts whooped the last time the horde did something stupid. its a pretty stupid cycle at this stage.

• a horde does something dumb and starts a planetary level threat.
  • the horde act in aggression against the alliance.
  • the alliance lose some battles/cities.
  • the planetary level threat is looming and the alliance deals with it because we have the heroes at a power level sufficient enough to deal with it.
  • then the alliance mop up the horde for there stupidity in causing the issue in the first place, threaten them not to do it again until they inevitably do.

rinse wash repeat.

id like to actually see horde leaders be present in the actual stakes of saving azeroth for once. thrall has basically been the only one because by that point in cata he literally was superman/green jesus. id love to see talanji or geya’rah step up and do something for the betterment of azeroth. i would of loved to have seen talanji take up bwomsamdi’s bargain of taking sylvana’s head. and then you would of had interesting storytelling with her and saurfang, and saurfang filling her in on what it means to be true horde with honor. or like with the saurfang quest chain, you as the player in the zandalari scenerio coming in 8.1.5 you can get talanji to choose to take the bargain or not changing the narrative of talanji if you side with saurfang or sylvanas. that would of been interesting.

TLDR: i agree with the OP. the horde dont really have anyone to rally behind. blizz can do much better than this mess.

2 Likes

They need to write more of the first arcanist into this story. She could be that strong lead. If ,you know , the writers could bothered to develop her better.

Old girl defied elisande to be exiled and lived. Among the horde lead minions she’d be the one best suited to walk up to sylvanas and go

Gf…we need to talk. Your plans suck, your credibility sucks, I have a few ideas to turn this around.You will hear them. As you have no choice.

I am anallied race leader. I can go home…and you can’t fight a war in east/west parts and now these islands here so don’t even be threatening me with attack threats. You can’t Muster troops to invade the broken isles even if you wanted too. Your hm cows are here…not high mountain. You need me more than I need you…so let’s talk about making the horde great again.

This is first arcanist I would write in.

2 Likes

I think this was a miscalculation on the writers part. It feels like it was decided on during a business meeting when someone asked what they could do to improve user engagement.

3 Likes