The guardians of frostmourne?

Think we’ll get any explanation as to the spirits that were guarding Frostmourne when Arthas and Magni came upon it? With all this new lore surrounding Frostmourne and the helm it would be interesting if they were sent by the other eternal ones to guard it or not? I doubt they just suddenly came across it.

2 Likes

Since it was so long ago and, frankly, it’s kind of irrelevant to well everything going on right now, I strongly doubt we will.

Frankly, it was probably some 300 IQ play by the Lich King to get Arthas to his side some way or another.

1 Like

Well, given the sword was made by the Runecarver, who is probably the Primus, and “Mourneblades” are something thus of Maldraxxus and the necrolords and not of Zovaal or his people, I’d wager that the guardian of Frostmourne was a sort of built in “safety device”/failsafe that the Primus baked into the design in case what happened happened.

Which failed spectacularly.

Nothing change about that I think. Frostmourne was in ice with ner’zhul back then. Then ner’zhul still push it out to look for a champion.

The weirdest thing that change was probably the dreadlords. Which would be insanely confusing now that the dreadlords are working for the jailer. And it’s yet another one of the “It was _____’s plan all along.”

No I don’t think we’ll ever get an explanation for The Guardian’s actions. The closet they ever come to answer it was by stating the reasoning would be in the Rise of the Lich King novel… expect it was just a rehash of the War3 exchange and explained nothing.

Per the Warcraft III manual revenants have a sort of resistance to the Lich King’s influence. Thus it’s possible that the Guardian and his folk decided to safeguard the blade, under the fear that this resistance would fade if the Lich King grew too powerful.