The greatest benefactor of Sylvanas' plan? NE

If Jailer’s and Sylvanas’ plan is to bring down the barriers between the boundaries between life and death (maybe other cosmic forces, too), then that would make it possible for the denizens of Azeroth could live in the Shadowlands and vice-versa.

So the Night Elves and all those who fallen in BFA would have a chance of living again.

Thoughts?

Except that their souls were mostly obliterated in the maw. And there’s no coming back from that.

And we still don’t know of the Jailer’s exact plan once he’s free. Your theory would make sense if souls weren’t being obliterated left and right.

3 Likes

Didn’t Tyrande do some NE soul saving in the maw? Of course she didn’t save them all but a good portion must have been saved…right? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

From the numbers we have, around a tenth of those that died in Teldrassil alone were saved. The other ones never heard of again, or the ones that died in Ashenvale or Darkshore.

Big nope sir.
Big nope.

2 Likes

The main beneficiaries are short-lived races who communicate with spirits. They will have legions of corpses in ten thousand years. Tauren and trolls. Another thing is that ancient spirits may not want to work with their descendants.

1 Like

Is there a boundary between life and death? I know their is the ‘veil’ and the ‘inbetween’ but dead things seem to have no trouble journeying tot he land of the living (and vice-versa) with a little help from necromancy.

I think Zovaal is aiming for something different.

This is treading close to “writing the story for the writers”. I’ve got a larger thread brewing on my issues with various classes of arguments, but as a spoiler alert, this is one of them.

While it’s fun to speculate, speculation does not make bad stories better.

Also, Ethriel - this is the fifth time that I’ve told you make your methods of accounting consistent. I get that there’s no SEC to call here, but you’ve been told multiple times why your method is improper. Fix it.

Yes she did but don’t trust any numbers people try to feed you. They don’t know.

First of all, that would make it possible to get into the mortal plane to those who ordinary cannot exist there. I mean, I am not sure that void lords or whoever are the “naaru keepers” are a problem, but they might be.

Dead mortals do not come back usually. I have no idea where the mortal souls come from.

gl hf

It seems like they just want to tear down everything. All of existence. Because “things are broken.” So I think they think they’re doing all of existence a favor, because “we’re slaves.” EXPLAIN HOW??? So annoying. They’re basically Thanos by the end of Endgame, but stupider. :unamused: At least Thanos explains himself to some degree.

This is… not Zovaal’s plan. Zovaal’s plan seems a lot more “make death the ruling force.” Denathrius echoes this sentiment to Renathal. I’d imagine he’s looking to actually finish what Sylvanas started with the Night Elves rather than undo her atrocities - especially since they were committed specifically for his benefit.

3 Likes

but how can he rule over Azeroth if can’t cross over to Azeroth or any other planes of existence?

But I do agree with your post.

I do believe that Zovaal will be defeated tho. We have taken out Old Gods and Titans…is Zovaal that much worse? Especially seeing how he really hasn’t done anything other than a few arm waves of magic…

What a surprise that would be. The main villain of the expansion defeated? In Wow? Never heard of such a thing.

2 Likes