The game is not dying , it is dead!

So on another account I leveled my demon hunter to 110 and got his ilvl to 287 and then went off to argus to do an invasion. Guess what no one was around to also do an invasion. So how about a raid? After an hour of waiting on a LFR and watching like 3 dps toons plug and plug in and plug out, I gave up. No tanks or healers ever showed up. When I go to a capital city on this toon there may be like 20 other people active.
So it really does not matter if there is a new race planned. Except for the weird looking dwarf my toons did all that wasted time getting rep and doing quests to qualify for those races. The problem is there is no multiplayer game for anything other than a 120 level toon. The game continues to try to appease the 120 lvls and in doing so burn any new players that start at lower levels. Going from over 12 million subscriptions to 2-3 million subscriptions is not a recipe for success when you need multiplayers. Also all of you coming to the defense of the game are part of the problem because you continue to deny what is happening. Very sad.

2 Likes

So…you tried to LFR on outdated content and are surprised it didn’t fill up fast? Same with the Legion invasions…

Far as the capital cities…turn off War Mode. There’s plenty more. Unless you’re playing at, like, 4AM server time.

12 Likes

You heard it here first, folks; the game is dead. Pack it all up and start heading home. This person’s opinion confirms it.

18 Likes

lol dude love the sarcasm

1 Like

Wait… are you talking about the population of people doing old content?

That’s hardly a barometer worthy of gauging a game’s life.

3 Likes

but why

world of warcraft is multiplayer

how is 2-3 million active people not a successful game, FF14 just broke 1 million active characters recently

anyone that’s been with WoW for even a fraction of the time it’s been active probably knows about the population decline since Wrath but okay

2 Likes

Missed this part. In a genre where anything over 100k is considered successful, 2-3 million is fantastic. But I don’t know where you’re getting this number from regardless. Blizzard does not release subscription numbers anymore.

1 Like

I was honestly hoping this was an off-realmer post and I was disappointed.

Someone with a high enough friendship level with the forums post the sad Malcolm in the Middle gif about expecting nothing and still being disappointed.

5 Likes

12 million when the game was still the king of mmos and its playerbase graduated from 12 year olds playing their dad’s accounts to 15-16 year olds having their own accounts during WotLK, but then people started to grow older and the economy started to get twisted and people just outgrew the game to go to 2-3 million? And all the while new games with new content and different adventures catches people’s eyes and they can’t pay for an active subscription (because that’s the sub number, active, not the ‘inactive for a week to a month’ kind where people ARE Allowed to come back to the game).

Sure, game’s dead.

No, it just has a history and while the content is stale, this is THE game people come back to. Hell why do you think Classic has such a hype? People are THIRSTING for nostalgia and to experience the way the game was as most gamers tend to crave for (just look at all the remakes of old games and collector editions of old games that are coming out).

The game is dead to you, not to the rest of us. Dumpster on those that defend the game all you like, we at least see its strengths as well as its weaknesses.

You trying to queue into old content that is soloable for the average 120 just means you need to grab a level 120 to carry you. This isn’t FFXIV where you level sync. If you want to experience old content, go join that Project 60 gang that travels from server to server.

Hell look at FFXIV. FATE grind groups are less and less and not as common as they used to be because of the old content and how it is easier to level with leves instead of FATES anymore.

2 Likes

No sir, this game is not dead. I’m alive. This server is alive. Well populated in fact, traffic zones have their highs and lows. I even just rerolled a Death Knight here and plan to build him up to be my main here eventually.

Looks like you play Hordeside, if you ever switch to the dark side, heh, look me up. I’m typically in Stormwind or out and about Kill Tiras lately.

Good luck!

1 Like

I’m so ashamed. It’s all my fault.

4 Likes

I can’t tell if you’re trolling, or a person genuinely so confused and ignorant of how MMOs work, that you posted all this (in the wrong place) sincerely.

4 Likes

You appear to be lost.

1 Like

Something something Wyrmrest something something wrong forum something

Just leveled two new toons. Did most of my leveling via dungeons. Longest queue I ran into at any level was about 6 minutes. And I play super later, not even remotely close to peak hours. If there are enough players to fill dungeon queues across all level ranges prior to current content (where 90% of players are likely focused), then it is by no means even remotely close to being a dead game.

The 12 million number was always dubious because Blizzard would never tell us how many of those came from internet cafes in Asia.

The three million number comes from day one sales of new expansions Blizzard announces, which does not count a number of regions.

1 Like

I mean, seriously, to think a game would maintain those 12 million subs for 15+ years is just idiotic. The fact that it is still at 2-3 million ( if that number is accurate ) is amazing. MMOs have been born and died in droves during that period of time. Most never even breaking 1 million.

2 Likes

WoW is dead and Wyrmrest Accord killed it.

5 Likes

damn warcraft players, they’re killing warcraft

4 Likes

I can confirm I died due to WRA, just ask my tombstone

4 Likes