The Future of World Buffs in Classic Era

Release this sooner rather than later please.

2 Likes

please…PLEASE, DO NOT ADD A STORE TO … TBC CLASSIC.

13 Likes

That’s the direction we intend to go in Burning Crusade Classic. In Burning Crusade Classic we intend to have world buffs removed at the start of raid encounters.

I realize that’s not exactly what you’re asking for, but I did want to clarify that our intent is to preserve the World Buffs in Classic Era, while moving away from World Buffs in Burning Crusade Classic.

I hope that clarifies things for you!

60 Likes

I had an idea for “buffs in a bottle”, glad to see it’s making it into the game. A bit late, but still an excellent change. 10/10

1 Like

I really hope this isnt a bait.
My heart has been a bit sketchy since 'nam and i dont think i can take this wild range of emotions.

2 Likes

This is NOT an April Fools joke. The proximity to April 1st is an unfortunate coincidence.

I’m just a software engineer; they don’t trust me with humor. :slight_smile:

96 Likes

Is this being held back until pre-patch, or will we get it sooner? Because we’ve been waiting for months for the removal of spell batching that’s been on the PTR since January but still hasn’t hit live servers for some reason.

4 Likes

Best post of all time on the Classic forums right here

7 Likes

I want to believe

7 Likes

Imagine having the players make a choice themselves about “playing optimally in an obviously flawed game”.
Catering to the Wbuff meta instead of having players find out themselves that wbuffs only force you to raid log if you want to do that. Not because you have to. If you go into the raid unbuffed you will clear it just fine too. If someone wants to raid log a week for DMF buff, then let that stupidity play itself out. No… what does modern blizz do: They actually make it easier to get more players into the raid fully buffed, trivializing the content even further. Taking away another “choice” (Which is to get wbuff or not to get em) in the game.
And all of this 1-2 months before prepatch, without any fresh classic servers in sight.

7 Likes

The real joke is that GMs get DMT first

4 Likes

Fair enough, but I raise you this question, why the alterations to TBC then? The paladin changes made sense, but well that other thing seems a bit contentious.

Pro tip – release your big announcements 2 days before April fools, that way if the community hates it you can backpedal. Fortunately we love it, so DONT YOU DARE BE JOKING.

5 Likes

Can you do this? An option that can keep players doing raids with world buffs and an option to raid without world buffs. So far as you can see players are forced to get world buffs or they lose 1000g from pot in gdkp. It’s not an option. We are forced.

Here is proof

https://i.imgur.com/KaQ1OPV.jpg

Thank you Pazorax

Great change that would have made the game a lot more enjoyable if added a long time ago.

2 Likes

Wont classic era realms still run out of consistent buffs to drop? It doesn’t solve that future problem

Can you clarify for me, using the Chronoboon to store buffs will remove your current world buffs? I’m guessing that’s correct but can’t tell 100% from your post if buffs get removed from the player when you store them.

lel

10/chars

just wanna know: why why why why?

Should allow a snapshot of a black lotus before a bot gets too. It’s a buff right?

3 Likes