The future of the MU Burning Blade clan

One of the many amazing things about the Orc Heritage questline for me was getting to see the remnants of the MU Burning Blade clan reunite. At first Lantresor stated his intention to see his stained clan die out for good, but then he met up with Arnak Fireblade and Mordak Darkfist and softened up, acknowledging them as “the closest thing to kin” he had left. Unfortunately, the Orc PC can’t join the Burning Blade.

Please Blizz, don’t make them go defunct ! Instead, use them as a way to tell a neat story about how Azeroth shaped the new Orcish identities. Take the few remaining Blademasters and make them join forces with the Burning Blade warlocks who are loyal to the Horde ; also bolster their ranks by redeeming some of these Searing Blade cultist weirdos. Revive the MU Burning Blade under a new identity, one that reflects their dual legacy and blends their blade mastery traditions with their newfound affinity to Fel magic. Orcs wielding blades burning with green Fel fire… How cool would that be ?!

MU Orc clans must display the impacts of their recent history, from the creation of the Old Horde to what they went through on Azeroth. This is very important, especially now that the AU Mag’har are playable : they give us access to the more traditional, pre-corruption Orcish flavors, while the MU Orcs were born from corruption, devastation, exile, loss of identity, reunion and quest for a new place in the world ; and so MU clans must reflect that. I loved seeing the Green and Mag’har Bleeding Hollow reconnect with each other, that was pretty neat. Also, the MU Shattered Hand perfectly illustrate what I mean : they turned into a somewhat multiracial clan that’s more akin to a spy/intel org, while their AU counterparts retain the traditional Shattered Hand features (the Rageroar clan is also a good example of a purely Azerothian clan in that it is multiracial ; maybe use them too ?). That is a great way to differentiate MU Orcs and AU Mag’har as playable races.

Establishing the MU Burning Blade as partly a warlock clan would also be a good way to address the good old question of the Fel taboo in the Orcish society, and settle that question in the best way possible : “Fel is part of our history now, it’s part of who we are. No more shying away from it : let these warlock nutcases try to tame it.”

You’ve got the potential for the sickest Orc clan concept ever with the MU Burning Blade. So really, just go for it

9 Likes

Honestly was a little bummed to see that you couldn’t join the Burning Blade when you join something like the Dragon Maw. Still I would like to see them become akin to the elite warriors that can enchant their own weapons.

7 Likes

Got nothing to add further, except I 100% agree with everything you just said. It does sound amazing and would be crazy to have them around doing what they do best.

6 Likes

Remember that cranky old stuff ? https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Burning_Blade_Coven https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dustwind_Cave https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Skull_Rock
The Burning Blade cultists in Durotar dwelled and trained in vast cave networks running beneath Orgrimmar and its surroundings. I’d love the Horde-aligned ones to reclaim these and use them as a base of operations lol

3 Likes

I like the idea a lot, and I think it would also be a cool way to enable Orc demon hunters.

Specifically, in the same way that Zandalari and Kul’Tiran druids have nothing to do with the Cenarion Circle, it would be neat for future DH races to have nothing to do with the Illidari. Let them come to the notion of being a DH from their own distinct angle.

7 Likes

That would be a fantastic idea.

2 Likes

Hell, I never even thought about that, but that’d be an awesome way to do it. Although I guess the need for new generations of DHs is somewhat limited now that the Burning Legion is basically defunct ?..

I wouldn’t be surprised if the threat of a Fel Pantheon is used in creating new non elf demon hunters.

2 Likes

I mean it stands to reason that Titan / Wild God equivalents of Fel exist. So I would venture that would be a plot point to keep DHs relavent.

2 Likes

Demons aren’t extinct.