The Flask Market is Nearly Dead

I wont be touching that garbage situation

2 Likes

Good? Sorry if you missed the good ole days of hundreds of gold for one.

I farm all my herbs and leveled my alchemist to 450 but that’s all I’m doing for now.

I send most of the herbs to my inscriptionist now and make the cards with stuff I’ve farmed and sell those.

Sorry but I just don’t feel bad here. Why don’t I feel bad? Because when folks are starting out or new, it really sucks for them when people who are vets/seasoned players can corner the market on much needed items to get them going. Flasks, especially healing and mana potions, are those that really impact game play.

You’ll have plenty of time to screw over players when raids start to drop and people need better flasks than what you get from a questing box.

Naxx isn’t out, nor is it going to be difficult when its out. Speedrunners will still buy flasks, average players won’t need to.

If you do flasks for a living you should probably try being dynamic.

alchemy is dead for sure, most pots are vendor price or lower on the ah atm.

now if you REALLY want to make gold, go inscription. BiS glyphs that cost 3 g to make are still selling for 50-300g. plus the DMF decks are going for 20k+. why waste herbs on potions? no reason!

What are you talking about? I sell flasks, those are only available for FREE in the heroic boxes which floods the market. Nobody is trying to screw over players, we just want the flasks to sell for at least the same price as the herbs to craft them.

If it’s a 30g crafting cost and the flask sells for 2g then there is no market, the profession is worthless… But if things were normal and the flasks sold for 32g then nobody is getting screwed…

I sold a flask 15 years ago. Prices are fine.

Yeah… when they stop giving out boxes lol. Or when people stop leveling. Before then? Nah

Im in a similar boat but it just hurts everyone. I make low level consumes, i like the idea of being a merchant that has a bit of everything, its not profitable at all but i liked doing it.

Now theres no point in being an elixir master so nobody will make low level stuff. I keep seeing “itll recover” posts but im not convinced, most of the population is still not level 80 and havent been flooded by heroics boxes.

You were never going to make huge profit from flasks in WOTLK. If you want to make money make speed pots or some other pot people use in raid.

Pro-tips are free.

Boo hoo, is baby gonna cry? Get over yourself, people like me who want RDF do not have RDF we suffered first and now the cry baby is suffering because she can’t sell flasks.

1 Like

Yes, I absolutely will put up a fuss over flasks because negated. They’re an essential part of every players out and is one of the few things bought for raiding, alongside gems, enchants, glyphs, and food buffs. But you don’t see any of those things being provided? Why target alchemists? Why not food buffs, enchant vellums, cut gems?

It doesn’t make sense, and when you’ve spend 15 years as an alchemist providing entire guilds with their consumables on a daily basis. Yeah dude, I get a little pissy when it’s been diluted and just given out for free like candy.

It wasn’t in the original release. Nor was RDF. Get rid of the boxes.

You are just mad you can’t make huge profits off flasks like Classic launch. No one cares. You can still make a ton of gold on speed pots. NAXX literally comes out this week. If you haven’t been farming mats for speed pots and other DPS pots you griefed yourself.

Have you tried finding something else you can enjoy? Making flasks more accessible is good thing, even if it means you only make some profit instead of all profit.

Those aren’t consumables.

Everyone can pick up cooking without sacrificing a profession slot. Nice try, but none of these are even remotely comparable.

RDF existed in wrath since 3.3.0, we got 3.3.5a we should have RDF

1 Like

Stop trying to turn every thread into an RDF complaint. They said they aren’t adding it ever.

Stop being a child, maybe we should remove you from the game.

FYI, it’s relevant, complain about something not being apart of wrath then we have the right to complain about something missing from wrath.

LUL ok. Keep complaining I guess about something that isn’t coming.