The faction imbalance is going to strangle this game

This.

I don’t care about the story-line differences, I don’t really care about the racials, sure the Horde city in BFA is a nightmare, but it’s well worth the trade to be able to actually play the game properly with a real community.

2 Likes

That too. Regardless of how I feel about the QQ, it wouldn’t be good for Blizzard. They need wins, not yet more blunders to pile on top of the dumpster fire.

3 Likes

Thats where I’m coming from.

This is an old game that hasn’t been doing so well as of late, we could really use a W.

2 Likes

Based on the state of my friends list, I think you are unfortunately correct.

3 Likes

Not at all. The only difference is that the Alliance players and guilds didn’t switch over to horde.

3 Likes

Not to mention the amount of guilds that have CE. By this time in BoD i believe more than 1000 guilds killed jaina. We’re at a little over 600 with azshara.

Draenei, gnome, and Worgen racials along with forsaken and maybe red orcs could probably use a slight competitive buff just to offer some choices and if racials are meant to be more than 1% flavor things, then they should be included in pve balance changes with classes and resto druids as well.

They did answer it. They want the separation between factions to remain. You just happen to disagree.

Also, having alliance members being part of horde teams isnt exactly re-balancing the faction problem either.

And lastly, this is Azeroth not Switzerland.

PVE wise it get what people want. Running dungeon with their friends. Friends for reasons they just don’t want to reroll for the one night a week run. Not all have alt addiction. Not all want to redo all they have done for a main on a side.

120 and 370 these days…not too bad. Now I look at one of my alliance hunter chars, no dungeon or raid in BFA and she is 415. Whatever star was shining when i played her went away. Best I can get a horde backup hunter is 404.

PvP it could balance it out as well. Welcome to eve. Truly open pvp allows for shifts and sways. In eve I was a Goonswarm pet, regular member of goons and a killer of goons. Not going to to do history of goons…they are large Eve alliance and main crew in eve since forever. Also when talking about what some call the big blue donut (the tendency of alliances to form and make huge power blocks)…they have a really big blue donut lol.

I change corp/alliances I move myself to whatever side of the conflict I wanted to is the take away. For WoW this could mean in the BG’s and such for the night its more balanced. As the blood elf player just wanted to be blood elf. “For the Horde!” means nothing to them. For the Mogs (they tend to look better on BE/VE imo…i run both), for the idle stance with attitude, etc. This is what they wanted.

So on a tuesday night that blood elf rolls with his boy who is a night elf. On that night alliance gets 1 more player. Jsut happens to be a blood elf.

How do you tell then apart? The blood elf on your side is blue. The blood elf on the other side is red. DOn’t shoot the blue. Shoot the red. Really simple. It works well in eve even when you have a 400 on 400 fight in the system. Targer reds in the lists. Not the blues.

Unless logistics (eve’s healers). Those you want to select blues to repair them lol.

3 Likes

That is true, but let’s be honest. Absolutely no one cares what Blizzard wants if they aren’t having fun with the game. Not one single solitary soul has ever said “man this sucks, but Blizzard wanted it this way so I guess I’m having fun now.”

4 Likes

So now you want the game to be only what you a very minority base want it to be about the story you demand it to be. FYI post on your horde main. You sir have no argument whatsoever

And soon enough Blizz won’t care either when it starts threatening their investor returns. It’s the only thing that will make them stop groveling at the shrine to Ion’s ego and actually start working towards a good game again.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to say here. That the story in the game we’re playing shouldn’t be presented in the game but should instead be required reading homework?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure - and I still have an active EvE account I drop in on periodically - we don’t want Blizzard to follow CCP’s HTFU gameplay philosophy and take WoW into a free for all PK game. I mean, some people would love it, I’m sure…but ffa PK is not at all what this game has ever been about and you would see subs drop faster than you could keep up if it went down that road.

I understand the complaints, I appreciate the problem. Alliance players wanting to push content are at a numerical disadvantage in terms of putting guilds and raid teams together to do it.

Here’s the part I don’t understand; why is “let’s ask them to try fixing it with a scalpel instead of a chainsaw” continually ignored or shouted down? There are things that don’t kill factions or create revolving faction doors (by OP’ing Alliance racials in an attempt to force min/maxers to flip to the Alliance) which could be implemented first and analyzed to see if they’re producing results. They’ve been mentioned before:

1. Allow cross-server guilds
  2. Remove the new raid delay in cross-server raid teams
  3. Re-work clustering so that it takes faction pops into account. Possibly even to the extent of clustering just alliance (or horde) low pop sides of a server. Essentially treating Lightbringer (for example) as Lightbringer_Alliance and Lightbringer_Horde as separate servers when it comes to arranging clustering and building clusters of roughly equivalent faction populations.

I expect to read “it’s too far gone for any of those to have any impact”, but how do we know until the less disruptive solutions are tried?

2 Likes

I had a multiparagraph response but in the end it would have been pointless.

The TLDR of this entire topic is this.

Is there an actual imbalance? Yes
Does the Horde have a much larger pool of people to recruit from? Yes
Does the Horde have a better and more stable economy? Yes
Is any of this Blizzards fault or problem? NO and NO

Look there is nothing Blizzard can do to fix the imbalance currently. So either faction change to the Horde and enjoy the benefits or don’t. That choice is yours and only yours to make. The only thing that I can see Blizzard doing is making some sort of “Mercenary” mode for PvE stuff like they did with PvP.

People keep yelling there is no fix, well I am going to keep yelling “MERGE THE FRIGGEN FACTIONS”.

Stop with the there is no fix nonsense. There is a fix, you just don’t want to hear it.

5 Likes

I can’t kill the Alliance if there is no Alliance. Merging is not a fix.

1 Like

There will be no Alliance if they all go horde because they can’t do any content Alliance side.

Obviously PvP would remain faction locked. But less reason for Alliance to faction swap if they can do raids and mythics as either.

5 Likes

Won’t solve the issue as to players going to horde.