The faction imbalance is going to strangle this game

14 years ago people didn’t have 12 maxed alts with every profession maxed out or bank alts filled with years of collected items. 14 years ago people were not so invested in their accounts. They could swap one character or even roll a new one and recover quickly. You really are blind to anything.

1 Like

I hope you understand that

=/=

That’s just incorrect, you may think it, but it isn’t true.

1 Like

The “totality” of Alliance raiders have not transferred. You’re just sinking into hysterics, at this point.

Right, gotcha.

1 Like

Still waiting on that whole OC vs NA explanation - I’m looking forward to it.

1 Like

And your wrong so very wrong the top 35 raiding guilds are all guess what horde in fact there are more former alliance guilds now in the top 20 that left. Dude seriously it’s beyond obvious that you don’t have a clue as to what your talking about now. I mean your willfully ignorant at this point. There are videos I mean multiple videos with server static’s as hard numbers proof that say exactly the opposite of what you just said.

2 Likes

Me too, thanks for bringing it up.

Actually, 5 of them are Alliance.

Why is it that Alliance posters so frequently just make stuff up, instead of sticking to actual facts?

1 Like

The whole thread is just a bunch of Alliance posters lying and making outrageous claims, so…

I don’t know, I’m just guessing.

It’s a smaller community that is significantly more mobile and was not nearly as large until after the racial changes. Because they recruit from a much smaller pool of the player-base they can enjoy the benefits of Alliance racials, without feeling the pressure to play Horde because they can’t play with most of those players anyway.

Regardless of what is happening with the Oceanic servers, anyone who plays both factions understands how significant the imbalance is, and how negatively it impacts Alliance players.

Whether you understand or acknowledge that is irrelevant to me.

Sure, generalize individual behavior some more. Something tells me you have some pretty brutal opinions about other groups of people as well :eyes:

4 Likes

So are facts, so…good for you, I guess?

It’s a player problem with a player solution. Nothing today stops people or guilds that really want to be playing Alliance instead of Horde - who went there for OP racials that have been rebalanced - from coming back. They - according to you and others - all paid to swap once, years ago, so why won’t they now if they really want to be playing on the Alliance?

It doesn’t need cross-faction PvE. It doesn’t need OP racials for force the min-maxers back. The only things Blizzard should do are simple things like allowing cross-server guilds and eliminating the cross-server group raid run delays. Then it is, as it should be, on the players to move or not move.

Because the advantage of being on the faction with a significantly larger base of players who play end game content is a much larger benefit than any racial.

I want to play Alliance as well but its just become too difficult to find groups and recruit, and I dont care enough about the faction I play to pass up that advantage, especially when the gap is growing so fast.

1 Like

And the solution to that is firmly in the hands of the players. Either enough endgame players actually want to play Alliance or they don’t. If enough do, then they can fix the problem themselves. If they don’t, then in NA the paradigm simply remains “Horde is for the hardcore content pushers, not the Alliance”.

And another person that would rather stick their head in the sand.

4 Likes

Than offer me a free faction / server transfer for my entire account.

1 Like

Why would players do that just for the purpose of “saving” a dying faction, when they can just stay Horde and enjoy playing the game. That would require tons of players to consciously give up the advantage that they transferred for in the first place in the hopes that enough players will do the same that Alliance will eventually become a less populated, but better version of what it was.

We would all be better off if we all just transferred Horde, we would have a significantly larger pool of players to play with, and much more stable, larger economies.

Most players just want to be able to play and enjoy the game, and you can easily do that as Horde. Like I’ve said many times, I’m going back to Horde for Shadowlands, I’m done. I’m not going to continue playing on this dead faction; the issue, is for those players who either don’t care enough to transfer, or are willing to suffer the downsides of playing Alliance for story or other reasons. For those players, they are going to have a dead group finder, very few prospects for recruitment, and a dwindling population of guilds to join.

It is obviously a sad state of affairs, and not something Blizzard wants to be the case that we have a collective understanding within the player-base, that Alliance isn’t able to take part in end game content viably.

EU has the exact same imbalance.

6 Likes

Well, you’ve got this right. Yes, players who don’t care about pushing endgame content won’t care about the endgame participation imbalance. Especially when players have the agency to change it.

If the paradigm remains “Hardcore for the Horde, casual for the Alliance” then maybe it’s just because not enough Alliance people give a damn about endgame beyond LFR/Normal raids and normal/heroic dungeons.

There are a few non-intrusive changes Blizzard can, and should, make. Cross-server guilds, eliminating the cross-server delay for new raids, and improved clustering based on faction pop could all happen without doing things like creating a revolving door via OP Racial Carrots or dissolving the faction divide.

Beyond that, no, Blizzard shouldn’t do anything.

1 Like

Who are you to say what ANYONE else enjoys. You work at that 1 900 Psychic hotline. Maybe we should ask you for lottery numbers. You do seem to think you know best for everyone under the sun.

3 Likes

Quote the part where I say what anyone enjoys…knock yourself out. No I don’t think I know best for everyone but feel free to explain the hole you see in this:

because why would they? I’m one of them. No, I don’t care that NA horde houses most of the people who want to push content. I especially don’t care since any who wanted to can just move to the Alliance.

1 Like