The faction imbalance is going to strangle this game

It was all luck of the draw for the most part.

Sure, inferenced can be made about the psychological profiles of the people who chose the respective factions, but as for which of them ended up having advantageous racials from BC into WoTLK (the original motivation for the transfers), it all came down to chance.

Wowprogress only counts Heroic raiders, and its current numbers count people as long as they played in Tomb of Sargeras (even if they didn’t play this expansion). Their criteria are listed right there on the site.

Nobody is disputing that there are more end-game players on Horde. What I said was “Alliance outnumbered Horde for 14 years” and “This is the FIRST expansion in history where there have been more Horde players than Alliance” both of which are true.

Not at all. I’m simply tired of the Alliance playerbase throwing a never-ending tantrum for over a decade, and now wanting Horde players to bail them out now that they’ve scared so many people away from playing Alliance.

Even with respect to Realmpop information, there has been a character imbalance since the start of Legion.

So not, that is not true.

Then explain, if you will, why the participation balance is reversed on OC servers? Is there some advantage NA horde players have received over the years that OC horde players didn’t get?

It’s a player problem running around looking for a Blizzard solution. Sure, there are a couple of obvious things that could/should be done like allowing same faction cross-realm guilds, eliminating the delay for cross-server raid attempts, and more aggressive merging/clustering of servers. Beyond that? I think anything else, like cross-faction gameplay (effectively dissolving the factions) or giving Alliance endgame PvE OP advantages to lure Horde min-maxers is far too heavy handed.

1 Like

What are you talking about? In what way would this require any “help” from Horde players. This is an issue only Blizzard can resolve at this point.

Alliance players want cross-faction so that they can play with Horde players. Otherwise there’s no point to cross-faction play. :sunglasses:

It kind of proves all the theories wrong.

1 Like

You would think so…

1 Like

This is a perfect example that outlines the issue. This issue is not racials, the issue is that because of a small imbalance in racials years ago, tons of guilds transferred Horde and have created a situation where the vast majority of the end game content community is Horde.

The draw to Horde now is that large community, not racials.

Possibly because the Oceania community was on NA datacentres at the time this imbalance started, once they had their own datacentres set up there was no reason to be Horde as the racials were balance and their community is isolated. Oceania players largely do not get to take advantage of the larger Horde community because they have to play with each other.

3 Likes

Did you hurt yourself when you contorted the obvious “This means it’s a player problem” into “See, this proves my point” by some wild Logic Twister move?

I have no idea what this is referencing or implying.

1 Like

Your a lost cause. There is nothing special about you because you play horde do you understand that? Get that through your head and than maybe there can be an actual discussion on how to fix the mess the developers created. The situation is that there are far more people playing horde than alliance and this will kill off what is left if the game. It’s going to come down to two choices. Accept the fact that it needs to be fixed ASAP or let it keep driving itself into the ground and you’ll be looking for a new game because the investors will pull the plug on this. The only thing a company is concerned with is its bottom line. Losing 30-45% of the player base that played alliance because maybe 10 or 15% transfer to horde while the others just quit will yank the Profitability from this company right out from under you

4 Likes

What? Did you just imply that everybody had to reroll when the datacenters were moved…? That’s nonsense.

Oceanic servers also DO benefit from US Horde population through queued content and Group Finder.

The first Oceanic servers went live in 2004, four more were added in 2006, two more in 2007, three more in 2008, etc…

So how you got to this masterpiece of misinformation…

…is the Twister I was referring to. Moving the datacenter didn’t wipe the servers.

1 Like

No, it won’t, and we know this because the Horde faced a similar situation for 14 years and did fine. There’s nothing wrong with being in the underpopulated faction.

The only thing is, Alliance was fine being the dominant faction for 14 years, but the moment the shoe is on the other foot, suddenly Alliance players are screaming about an existential threat to the game’s existence.

No, they very much don’t. If you played Alliance you would know that OC groups are listed with an OC tag in them, and largely play with other OC players.

If you are in a group with them, and they outnumber you, you will have around 300ms, and the opposite is true for them.

1 Like

I get thrown in with Oceanic players all the time.

There is a huge difference between having a proportionate, but smaller population, and have the totality of the raiding population from your faction transfer, resulting in your population being significantly disproportionate.

3 Likes

Oh I don’t think they’ve transferred. I think the bulk of both factions’ raiders have quit. I just think the Horde has suffered less attrition (although still considerable).

The real issue with regard to raiding, as I’ve repeatedly said, is that Blizzard has made raiding such an unattractive chore that people just don’t do it as much, anymore.

1 Like