The effects of iLvl scaling

So how’s iLvl scaling work in PvP now? I remember people in greens could get 2k if they played right. Which shouldn’t exactly happen… to that extreme I mean… How much has it changed if at all? And to exactly what percents and degrees?

Not much really. You can get 2k with questing greens no prob.

8 Likes

Gear doesn’t really matter in BfA. Scaling takes care of it. You should be back at your normal 2k rating within days. Good to have you back Laz.

4 Likes

Thanks. In some way I am almost glad that iLvl scaling exists, simply because of how it has been crazy when it comes to relying on Mythic+ players (which I mean I’ve done some +10s, but…) to get anywhere for PvP. PvE’ing for PvP is just ridiculous.

You all say this but I 3 hit a mage with 120k hp yesterday

2 Likes

They really improved upon the ilevel scaling from Legion.

In BFA, you get to customize your stats and the hidden ilevel scaling takes care of the rest.

1 Like

This just is not true. Scaling may help you do more damage but it does not make you more resilient - people with 200k will be nuked in 5 seconds / 2 chaos bolts and the lack of corrupted gear will put you at a massive disadvantage.

2 Likes

basically there are static numbers from (1-20)

hi my name is shawn i work at Costco

:4)

wait this isnt true at all i dont think… or doesnt seem like it at least.

im smoking ppl with super low hp, as well as having them do much less dmg to
me than a similar ilvl counterpart.
maybe its coinsdnce that bad gear low xp player but idk.

1 Like

Yea that’s probably what you’re running into. People with really low health like the guy up above saying he’s 3 shotting 120 hp mages is really just going against bad or inexperienced players.

Lazarus is pretty good so he shouldn’t have that problem.

:rofl: this thread is the right amount of troll

6 Likes

While they may take more damage, classes like mages that can reduce melee uptime can easily survive at low ilvl…chaos bolts would definitely destroy low ilvl players too. The biggest benefit with low ilvl scaling is that mages are being healed constantly throughout the fight and lower hp means less of a drain on the healers Mana I think.

your calculations are off… Go back check your work… carry the 1

Sure, a low level mage who sits back of the line on an already winning team can free cast gpy and be effective but that happens in 1/20 games and the other 19 will be him being dead weight and being bent over nonstop.

:joy::joy: don’t listen to em bro. Gear matters in PvP. It matters a lot actually… they’re just trolling you

You can trust me cuz I’m a shaman :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Ilvl scaling doesn’t matter. It’s the passive effects from corruptions, essences and azerite traits that DOES matter in PVP right now. So if you don’t have the RNG/amount of time to invest in obtaining the best essences, you will eventually hit a wall.