The Diocese of Gilneas Calls
Hello! Melchiz here, after being inactive for several years I have returned, and wasn’t really planning on doing the Church RP in Gilneas again, but I came cross The Gilnean Concord and with the encouragement from their GM Zydrik, I decided to try it again under his guild’s umbrella. So, I am getting several facets of the Church in Gilneas underway and looking for folks interested in being a part of the Church group within the Concord.
The Gilnean Diocese of the Church of the Holy Light is currently administered out of Mistbriar Island, a resettled Gilnean island off the northwest coast of the mainland, though they often operate out of Stormwind as well. A new site, Evenstar Abbey, is being built on Mistbriar, and temporary facilities have been set up in the meantime. An in-game proxy location for this abbey the Ambermill Townhall.
When Gilneas is retaken, the Diocesan Seat will return to Light’s Dawn Cathedral in Gilneas City.
All priests are ordained and can perform all the standard rites and ceremonies. However, priests can additionally specialize in a variety of fields, including:
- Scholars (Focused on study)
- Healers (Focused on Light-based healing)
- Preachers (Focused on preaching and teaching)
- Inquisitors (Focused on countering dark magic threats)
- Battle Clerics (Focused on supporting soldiers and paladins in battle)
Knights, generally working to support the Priesthood, can specialize in a variety of areas, including:
- Paladins (Focused on service and combat, traveling to help those in need)
- Templars (Focused on protecting churches, relics, and holy sites)
- Lightwardens (Focused on assisting Inquisitors to counter dark magic threats)
If you are interested in being a part of any of these groups, check out our guild forum advertisement.