The Difference Between an Option and a Requirement

Mythic+, some higher RPvP, Raiding, heroic Darkshore, come on. There’s more than one way of getting 450+ gear.

So why are you still complaining?

1 Like

:roll_eyes: here we go again

There are other sources. Horrific visions scale up to 470 ilvl reward, PvP rewards can reach up to 475 to top tier players and even the weekly conquest gear should be hitting 460 ilvl (if you stayed up to date with the rewards).

Your other two just aren’t going to happen. We are lucky they gave in on essences are created the new system to buy them on alts. With only a few months left to SLs and no more scheduled content for BFA you will just have to either accept things as they are or sit out until SLs.

1 Like

Isn’t there a build in catch up to grind out to the current week?

You can earn more than one week at a time if you are behind.

It is required if you need 450+ gear in order to do the content you desire. Fortunately the content that demands it, provides it to you. The content that doesn’t, you can do just fine with less.

You’re 430. The only way you’re getting in a +10 is by negotiating a carry. You don’t get to jump straight to the higher tiers, that’s not how this works. Start at the lower key levels. You don’t need RIO to get into a +4.

3 Likes

it is not required - over half my characters don’t have the cloak.

Emissaries go to 445, Assaults are forever stuck at 370.

Though they should have scaled up as well.

100% agree op. People like to argue semantics so long as it defends blizz. It’s very weird. Requirement doesnt mean if you don’t do it, you die. It means it’s required for something you wanna do. Saying it’s not required is like saying don’t play the game and the whole point of blizz is to get us to play and pay for the game.

You don’t need 20 alts with the cloak - that is optional. It only takes one character to play the game.

Maybe because you just came back to the game last month after 6 years away and figure you should be on par with people who have been playing throughout. Were you away from the game that long back in wrath when it was easy to find a guild.

I meant the Nzoth assaults, you can get 445s from those.

This can’t be real, right? “I haven’t played in 6 years, but I want to jump right into a very specific difficulty bracket, but I don’t have any of the prerequisites for this. I know and will reference the multitude of ways that I could get these prerequisites, but I don’t want to do those either.”

That about sum it up? Really, you want a premade 470 character you can run a few raids on then unsub forever again?

3 Likes

I still haven’t gotten 445’s from those assault’s I usually get 430’s.

I’ve gotten some 440’s before tho

this would be pretty awesome. I don’t even care if people think it would be broken.

1 Like

If your ilvl is 449, then 450+ gear is required to become more powerful.

2 Likes

because random groups would fail, then they would scream, cry and stomp for nerfs.

we have seen it time, and time, and time again when blizz makes random queued content anything but trivial.

(responding to multiple posts here, sorry if it’s confusing)

you’re not wrong, it would be nice if it were easier to dig through the LFG groups.

I think the functionality of the premades group filter addon should be baseline. It makes it SO much easier to find groups that need your role, you can filter out groups that are lower (or higher!) than what you want to run, you can just not show groups that aren’t looking for you.

it’s pretty fantastic.

Blizzard is typically pretty bad at decent user interfaces. Hopefully they are aware of this addon and consider incorporating it for everyone.

But, if you’re not using it, here it is, and I think it does most of what you’re looking for

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/premade-groups-filter

here’s an example of how it looks:

I’ve set it to show every key that has between 1 and 4 members, a tank, a healer and 0-2 dps. Then in my search term I put “11” which will return any 10/11/12 key (not perfect, they have to have it in the description), that fits my criteria.

1 Like

Not technically true since the cloak skews but I like the sentiment!

Blizzard makes options. Players turn options into requirements.